• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. Saw that one, but I was looking for some life...daytime shot with some people there!

See www.portorleans.org/rehab.php for lots of photos from all through the refurbishment process right up to a load taken on opening day.

Are the gates going to be operated by magic bands?

No, the gates are just opened with a regular handle. Well, at present anyway - I did notice what looked like some cabling being laid when they were installing the gates a week ago, so that presumably could be an option they could easily add in the future if they wanted to:

upload_2016-3-6_8-59-50.png

Andre

Darn I knew I should not have come back to this site so soon. I want to be there right now. My BFF and I (woohoo no hubbies)were planning to be there Nov 2016 but I went and got this thing called breast cancer...so now I have chemo and radiation treatments. Our Trip has been postponed until Jan 2017 ...which will probably be better as we both will celebrate special birthdays while there

Thank you everyone here for your input and for making this such a positive read. I love POR and really look forward to my next trip

Ooops I see I need to change the time on my tickertape...is there an esay way just to do that or do I need to go through the whole thing. If I remember correctly it took me a while to figure it out lol

Ooops I see I need to change the time on my tickertape...is there an esay way just to do that

Just click on it I think, and it'll take you to the editing page. I hope the treatment is going well and you will be fit and healthy for your revised trip.

Andre

Darn I knew I should not have come back to this site so soon. I want to be there right now. My BFF and I (woohoo no hubbies)were planning to be there Nov 2016 but I went and got this thing called breast cancer...so now I have chemo and radiation treatments. Our Trip has been postponed until Jan 2017 ...which will probably be better as we both will celebrate special birthdays while there

Thank you everyone here for your input and for making this such a positive read. I love POR and really look forward to my next trip

The prospect of a trip to Disney will, I hope, sustain you through your treatment. Pixie Dust to you for a full recovery. Hang in there!!!
Mary

Just wondering who else will be at POR the Week of March 26 - April 01. We will be in either Arcadian or Magnolia mansions. I know it will be crowded but it might be nice to run into a fellow Diser. We can't wait for the time to come, although part of the fun is the preplanning and the anticipation of the trip. When the time comes it just goes by so quickly and then I am depressed about real life again!!

Just wondering who else will be at POR the Week of March 26 - April 01. We will be in either Arcadian or Magnolia mansions. I know it will be crowded but it might be nice to run into a fellow Diser. We can't wait for the time to come, although part of the fun is the preplanning and the anticipation of the trip. When the time comes it just goes by so quickly and then I am depressed about real life again!!
Have fun looking forward to your trip!

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to report that I just booked a spur-of-the moment trip to my beloved Riverside in May. I have a friend joining me and we both love vintage movies and TV shows so will often spend an evening or two watching videos after park time. This may have been answered already, but is there a DVD player in the rooms at POR? I know the deluxe resorts have them but during all of the magical times I've spent at POR, I never paid attention to whether or not there was a DVD player.

Thanks in advance!

Wishing happy Disney dreams to all!

Laura

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to report that I just booked a spur-of-the moment trip to my beloved Riverside in May. I have a friend joining me and we both love vintage movies and TV shows so will often spend an evening or two watching videos after park time. This may have been answered already, but is there a DVD player in the rooms at POR? I know the deluxe resorts have them but during all of the magical times I've spent at POR, I never paid attention to whether or not there was a DVD player.

Thanks in advance!

Wishing happy Disney dreams to all!

Laura

No DVD players in the rooms at POR.

Our only stay at POR was in Alligator Bayou that my husband was not thrilled with. He really wants to stay in a Magnolia Bend room. Can someone tell me a good room to request. We are booked in a standard view. We don't mind walking. Just want the best standard view we can get! Thanks for any help

Our only stay at POR was in Alligator Bayou that my husband was not thrilled with. He really wants to stay in a Magnolia Bend room. Can someone tell me a good room to request. We are booked in a standard view. We don't mind walking. Just want the best standard view we can get! Thanks for any help

What would you consider "best"?

I would just appreciate anyone telling me a bldg they have stayed in with a standard room reservation that they enjoyed. And if anyone remembers a room number that would be great too!

This site might be helpful:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-port-orleans-resort-riverside?commit=&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=03/06/2016&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=166

Click on the highlighted buildings to see the location of the room in your room category.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if the beverage fountain in the food court has sparkling water/carbonated water?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter