Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are landing at Orlando Int. at 11:35pm and have a preferred room booked. What are our chances of getting any of our requests if we're getting in that late? It's the Monday night of MLK day. i was going to send a room request fax but not the online check in (you never know with snow if you'll really get there). Would online check in make a difference and if we arrive late on a Monday, when should I send my fax?

It's scheduled to close on Monday for a couple of months (currently due to reopen on 4 March, but that can change of course).

Andre
Thank you. Do you know if they are adding anything or just general refurb? I called to book May and was told I didn't want POR bec of pool.

It is interesting how awful your housekeeping was. It sounds to me like it is dependent upon the specific "housekeeper". I read on here about some housekeeping issues (exactly like those listed here), so I was a little worried going into our Dec. trip. However, we experienced top notch housekeeping...always had plenty + lots of extra toiletries, plenty of towels, very clean room, extra trash cans, super cute and creative towel animals almost every single day, etc.) If I am recalling correctly, the ppl who have had housekeeping issues have stayed in AB. We stayed in the Mansions (Royal Room). I am guessing they have different housekeepers for different areas. Perhaps the ppl who are having the issues, should let someone at the front desk know, since I am guessing that's the only way they'd learn about it (unless they are reading here ;-). Sorry you didn't have a great house keeping experience, but glad you didn't let it ruin your trip :-)!

I just assumed they had a Christmas crew rather than the usual housekeepers & that's why it wasn't so great. I am a huge neat freak/germophobe so it didn't bother me because clean it over again anyway. LOL

Thanks for the great trip report! Glad you had a nice stay.

I take it you used the South Bus Depot since you were in Bldg 16? If so, how accurate did you find the bus monitors?
Thank you. Yes we used the South Depot. They were very accurate to within 5 minutes. There was also a castmember at the bus stop asking people what bus they were waiting for. The buses transport went very smoothly except for the night we were so tired & got off at the West Depot & didn't know where we were! Haha!

We are landing at Orlando Int. at 11:35pm and have a preferred room booked. What are our chances of getting any of our requests if we're getting in that late? It's the Monday night of MLK day. i was going to send a room request fax but not the online check in (you never know with snow if you'll really get there). Would online check in make a difference and if we arrive late on a Monday, when should I send my fax?
We arrived between 10:00 and 10:30 pm and received all of our requests (proximity to foot bridge and bus stop, top floor, corner room, late check out (got 1:00 check out) and upgrade to river view (from paid garden view RR)..corner room provided river view out one window and garden view out other window :-). I did both online check-in and sent the fax...then followed the fax up with a phone call to make sure they received the fax. When I called, the CM said, "Yes, I see your requests and they have been granted."...and that was about 3 days before we arrived. If I am recalling correctly, with the online check-in, you note your flight information (assuming you're flying) and approximate time you will be arriving at the resort...That way, they at least have a heads up that you're coming in late. I would guess that would give a better chance of receiving requests bc they don't necessarily have to have that room ready by the official check in time? Also, if I recall correctly, Andre mentioned avoiding Sundays and Mondays for faxes if possible. I sent ours on a Saturday for a Thursday night check in. Good luck, and have a great trip!!!

What number did you fax your request to and what is the number to confirm they received it. Did you call to confirm they received it the same day you sent it and how far in advance did you do online registration? Thanks!

What number did you fax your request to and what is the number to confirm they received it. Did you call to confirm they received it the same day you sent it and how far in advance did you do online registration? Thanks!

The fax number is at the top of post #1 of this thread. The phone number to call to check if they received the fax is also at the top of post #1. I would not call the same day as you fax your requests as when you call, you will not be calling the actual resort. Your call will route to a Central Call Center so I would wait a day or 2 to allow the resort to receive your fax, read it, and add them to your reservation.

I want to do online check-in, but first I have a more general question. What happens if I want to take a couple of days off of my stay? Can I do it after I've done online check-in? How early do I have to do it? I have a room-only reservation.

I want to do online check-in, but first I have a more general question. What happens if I want to take a couple of days off of my stay?

There would have to be a room available for you to book as a new reservation with the new number of days. They instituted a new policy last year that you can't just drop days off your reservation, you basically would have to be able to book a new one with the new days.

Can I do it after I've done online check-in? How early do I have to do it? I have a room-only reservation.

Whether you do online check in or not has zero impact on being able to take days off. There just has to be a room available for your new dates.

Can anyone confirm if Boatwrights removed the BBQ shrimp from the menu. The menu on the Disney website where you make reservations doen't show it.

Thank you. Do you know if they are adding anything or just general refurb? I called to book May and was told I didn't want POR bec of pool.

Mostly general refurb. I think they may be doing something with perimeter barrier fencing too. It should be finished well before May though (early March is currently the target).

Andre

Can anyone confirm if Boatwrights removed the BBQ shrimp from the menu. The menu on the Disney website where you make reservations doen't show it.

It was there (as an appetiser) a couple of months ago but you're right that it's not on Disneyworld.com now. There's also an entrée missing. I'll have to check - or is there anyone there now who can confirm?

Andre

I'm curious if any of you have found being on the ground floor noisy? Do you hear people above or is it well sound proofed between floors. I am staying at POR for the first time in July and have booked a room in AB (preferred room) so I know there are no elevators. I have a bad back but am also a light sleeper. I can manage the stairs if I need to, but would prefer not to if it's quiet on ground floor.
Thanks! I'm so excited to try this resort.

I'm curious if any of you have found being on the ground floor noisy? Do you hear people above or is it well sound proofed between floors.

It all depends on the people above you. If you get a family with some baby elephants jumping up and down and bouncing balls around the room, then yes you'll hear some noise. That doesn't often happen though, but it could of course (families with smaller kids often ask for lower floors for stroller access). The stairs are fairly shallow and there is only one flight to contend with, so if you are a light sleeper and especially concerned then you might prefer the occasional inconvenience of the stairs over possible noisy neighbours.

Andre

Fax # was 407-934-5777. I looked on Andre's Port Orleans website for the number to call. The CM who answered the phone connected me to another CM, who is the one who confirmed they received the requests and they were granted. Honestly, he said it so quickly that my brain only registered that they received the requests. As soon as I hung up I processed that he said they were granted...Then I felt bad for not being more thankful on the phone! I sent the fax on Saturday afternoon, and I believe I called to check on the fax on Monday evening. I did online registration about as soon as I was able (thinking about 28 days prior to arrival..noted my requests there, but you're not able to do all the requests there that I wanted...such as top floor). Good luck!

It all depends on the people above you. If you get a family with some baby elephants jumping up and down and bouncing balls around the room, then yes you'll hear some noise. That doesn't often happen though, but it could of course (families with smaller kids often ask for lower floors for stroller access). The stairs are fairly shallow and there is only one flight to contend with, so if you are a light sleeper and especially concerned then you might prefer the occasional inconvenience of the stairs over possible noisy neighbours.

Andre

Thank you! I think I will request top floor, just in case. Listening to loud banging and noise would bother me. We don't have small children.

I'm curious if any of you have found being on the ground floor noisy? Do you hear people above or is it well sound proofed between floors. I am staying at POR for the first time in July and have booked a room in AB (preferred room) so I know there are no elevators. I have a bad back but am also a light sleeper. I can manage the stairs if I need to, but would prefer not to if it's quiet on ground floor.
Thanks! I'm so excited to try this resort.

We stayed 5x last year in Preferred AB first floor & had no issues at all. I'm a very light sleeper too. We stayed one time on the 2nd floor in Bldg. 14 but I didn't like lugging everything up the stairs.

In the photos I've seen of the murphy beds in AB, it looks like there may be three drawers under the bench/bed...are those real drawers or just faux fronts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter