• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I just returned from my first visit to POR. I checked in online and received a text that my room was ready so I was able to bypass the lobby and go straight to my room. Though I didn’t get my room request and my building (37) was one of the bldgs furthest away from the lobby & food court, I really can’t complain. The room was clean & quiet. The walk to the food court wasn't that bad. I did find it odd that there wasn’t a garbage can in the room. There was a recycling bin, but no garbage can. I made do with the bag from the ice bucket and to go food bags. My room was not far from the North Depot. I never had to wait long for a bus. However, I did leave the water taxi line once because it was too long and I had dinner reservations and couldn’t wait. I don’t think that was a boat issue though. Downtown Disney seemed extra busy that evening. Even buses were having trouble getting in to drop off. Every time I used the North Depot a CM was there updating bus times. Also the time board at the South Depot seemed pretty accurate. Overall I enjoyed my stay there. The food court is good. The gift shop is awesome. All of the CMs I spoke with were very friendly and helpful.

Just curious, did you fax a room request or just add it to initial booking?

Newbie Question here. We have a Royal GV Room. There's nowhere to request which building but we'd prefer 90 (Oak). Do we just call our TA and have her request it? Secondly, my parents are staying on property the first night. They don' have a RR. Will they be automatically placed near us somehow? Our reservations are not linked although all of our dining and FPs are. Is all that exclusive of one another? How would I go about getting them closer to us if that's the case?

Lastly, through MDE, I've requested highest floor and corner room. Is this what I want? We don't which floor...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
We had a GV Royal Room last year. I had my TA request Oak Manor, garden view in river side of building, upper floor, near foot bridge. I also faxed room assignor with same request 4-5 days before arrival.
Since your parents didn't book Royal room, they won't be in Oak Manor. I'd have them request a room in the building next to Oak, Magnolia Terrace. It wouldn't hurt to have the resort reservations linked as traveling together. If you decide to fax room assignor include their reservation # so hopefully they will be placed in a room close to Oak Manor.
To answer your question, room reservations are different then having FPs & Dining linked.

I just returned from my first visit to POR. I checked in online and received a text that my room was ready so I was able to bypass the lobby and go straight to my room. Though I didn’t get my room request and my building (37) was one of the bldgs furthest away from the lobby & food court, I really can’t complain. The room was clean & quiet. The walk to the food court wasn't that bad. I did find it odd that there wasn’t a garbage can in the room. There was a recycling bin, but no garbage can. I made do with the bag from the ice bucket and to go food bags. My room was not far from the North Depot. I never had to wait long for a bus. However, I did leave the water taxi line once because it was too long and I had dinner reservations and couldn’t wait. I don’t think that was a boat issue though. Downtown Disney seemed extra busy that evening. Even buses were having trouble getting in to drop off. Every time I used the North Depot a CM was there updating bus times. Also the time board at the South Depot seemed pretty accurate. Overall I enjoyed my stay there. The food court is good. The gift shop is awesome. All of the CMs I spoke with were very friendly and helpful.
Glad you enjoyed your stay at POR. Your room should have had a garbage can, you could have called housekeeping on room phone to bring one. Odd it was missing and housekeeping hadn't noticed during your entire stay. Especially since you were using other bags for trash! One simple call would have fixed it.

Hello everyone we have just returned from a week at Riverside and we had a great time! The resort was the best as usual (I have been there 2 times before). We booked a Royal room with river view and I did the on-line check-in with a fax requesting corner room upstairs. We received our text with room number and went right to our room. We did not get anything we requested and our view was of a pillar no river view really. I was really bummed so I called to see if they could change our room. They were very accommodating and we got a better room the next day :) We got a beautiful room #9737. It was close to everything and lovely view. It was really easy with no hassles. This resort was just beautiful and peaceful. Loved it again and will return if we ever go back. The food in the food court was also really good!!

Does anyone have any information on which pizza places, dominos, papa johns, pizza hut etc. deliver to POR? There are so many different locations I'm hoping that someone has had experience ordering recently.

Was it delivered to your room or did you have to go to lobby to pick it up?

Hello everyone we have just returned from a week at Riverside and we had a great time! The resort was the best as usual (I have been there 2 times before). We booked a Royal room with river view and I did the on-line check-in with a fax requesting corner room upstairs. We received our text with room number and went right to our room. We did not get anything we requested and our view was of a pillar no river view really. I was really bummed so I called to see if they could change our room. They were very accommodating and we got a better room the next day :) We got a beautiful room #9737. It was close to everything and lovely view. It was really easy with no hassles. This resort was just beautiful and peaceful. Loved it again and will return if we ever go back. The food in the food court was also really good!!
Glad you were able to change rooms. POR really needs to look at those room views, and take the obstructed views out of River view category.

Does anyone have any information on which pizza places, dominos, papa johns, pizza hut etc. deliver to POR? There are so many different locations I'm hoping that someone has had experience ordering recently.

Was it delivered to your room or did you have to go to lobby to pick it up?

When we were there in 2014, we had the pizza from the food court and it was reasonable so we didn't have to worry about delivery from outside the company. It also was a good buy for a full size one and pretty good.

The 2016 room only bounce back discount is available now. POR has a 25% off discount. Unfortunately there weren't any preferred rooms available for our dates, so we booked a king with hopes to eventually get a preferred room later. We want connecting rooms with our son and they have a preferred room.

We had a GV Royal Room last year. I had my TA request Oak Manor, garden view in river side of building, upper floor, near foot bridge. I also faxed room assignor with same request 4-5 days before arrival.
Since your parents didn't book Royal room, they won't be in Oak Manor. I'd have them request a room in the building next to Oak, Magnolia Terrace. It wouldn't hurt to have the resort reservations linked as traveling together. If you decide to fax room assignor include their reservation # so hopefully they will be placed in a room close to Oak Manor.
To answer your question, room reservations are different then having FPs & Dining linked.
Did you get your request? I am checking in next thursday- booked in a GV Royal Room also. I had my TA put a request on my reservation for Oak Manor, river side of the building and also my Touring Plans fax will also have that request. Just curious if you got Oak Manor. I stayed in Oak Manor in 2013 and LOVED it! Hoping for that building this time!

Did you get your request? I am checking in next thursday- booked in a GV Royal Room also. I had my TA put a request on my reservation for Oak Manor, river side of the building and also my Touring Plans fax will also have that request. Just curious if you got Oak Manor. I stayed in Oak Manor in 2013 and LOVED it! Hoping for that building this time!
Yes, we got all our requests, near footbridge too! Our room was on second floor corner room facing the fountain.

Is the preferred room worth the extra price?
Meh. It really depends. Speaking for myself no. I don't care for the AB rooms. And don't need a room for 5. It's a personal pref. I find the Mansion section along the river more to my liking. I request a room close to a foot bridge and feel those are great central locations without paying preferred price.
But if you needed an AB room that sleeps 5, I'd prob go with the preferred category.

Yes, we got all our requests, near footbridge too! Our room was on second floor corner room facing the fountain.
Awesome! That is so weird, I have the same exact requests you had - Oak Manor, 2nd floor, on the river side of the courtyard facing the fountain. I am crossing my fingers!

Less than two weeks to my trip! I can't believe it's almost here. We will be there Nov 9-14

The 2016 room only bounce back discount is available now. POR has a 25% off discount. Unfortunately there weren't any preferred rooms available for our dates, so we booked a king with hopes to eventually get a preferred room later. We want connecting rooms with our son and they have a preferred room.
I was POR last week and called about the BB offer. Unfortunately, October, November, and early December are blacked out for the bounce back room only discount for 2016.

Is the preferred room worth the extra price?

For DH & I definitely. We love the AB rooms didn't care for the mansions at all. We love the convenience to the buses & food court & really enjoy the quiet pool right there. We've stayed there 5x in the last 2 years and just returned from a 4 day stay last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter