Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the POR gift shop sells the autograph books that has the photo sleeves? Disney Store is sold out of them, so I was wondering if we could get it while we are there?

30 Days!!!

Yes, they have two designs in the gift shop. I'm at POR now. There is a princess one which is around $12 and a Mickey Mouse design which is around $17 - $18.

Last edited:
Our magic bands just shipped!! Just about 3 weeks out and can't wait for a little Disney distraction in life. Also excited to return to POR which I haven't been to since I was a kid and it was known as Dixie Landings!

Looks like two others beat me down to the gift shop...same answer here - I was just in there a few minutes ago and they had lots of both designs.

Awesome, they hold photos too, right?

If so, I may wait until we get there and let the kids pick them when we arrive.

Here now - tm is our last day & I'll be sad to leave. Only one bad experience & that was our first night about 10pm with a group of teens knocking & then banging on our door asking to be let in. We were already asleep when this happened & it freaked me out. Even after telling them they had the wrong room they didn't stop. Was ready to call security. Buses have been great. Boats to Disney Springs shut down Monday due to the wind gusts. Hoping to see Yee Haw Bob tonight. Hope everyone else has a great stay!

Last edited:
I'm liking this song a lot! Such a happy beat! (As mentioned on Andre's site) Joe Avery (Instrumental) · Preservation Hall Jazz Band :)

Question for those of you familiar with POR. My intention is to travel to Disney Springs from HS via POR. I've never visited the resort and am considering it for a future trip. Which bus stop should I exit to be close to the boat dock; which boat do I take to DS and about how long is the boat trip? Any information would be helpful. Thanks! :tink:

Question for those of you familiar with POR. My intention is to travel to Disney Springs from HS via POR. I've never visited the resort and am considering it for a future trip. Which bus stop should I exit to be close to the boat dock; which boat do I take to DS and about how long is the boat trip? Any information would be helpful. Thanks! :tink:

You'll get off at the main bus stop by the front entrance. I can't remember the exact number or name specifically but I believe it's the first you'll stop at upon entering the resort. It's pretty obviously the main entrance. You'll enter a lobby area which is flanked by the general store, check in area, bar, etc. Just head straight through that area and out the back doors and the boat dock is down to your right-ish - you'll see it as soon as you exit. I believe the only boat service is to Disney Springs, so you don't have to be concerned about catching the right one. If all else fails, you can ask a CM and they'll point you in the right direction, but it's very easy to find. You should check out some walkthrough videos on YouTube - it will show you the exact layout.

Edited to add: The ride takes 20-ish minutes, maybe 25. It's pretty and relaxing, and the skippers are often quite nice, tell little stories, etc.

Last edited:
Seems like lots of you are there right now.... do the busses seem better than our reports from recent weeks. We leave two weeks from tomorrow! pixiedust:Sooo excited!

You'll get off at the main bus stop by the front entrance. I can't remember the exact number or name specifically but I believe it's the first you'll stop at upon entering the resort.
It would be the south depot bus stop you would need to exit. It's typically the first POR bus stop.

Seems like lots of you are there right now.... do the busses seem better than our reports from recent weeks. We leave two weeks from tomorrow! pixiedust:Sooo excited!

I have been here since Saturday and have not had any issues with the bus transportation. 10 minute waits tops from the resort or parks. Today is my last day before returning home tomorrow. Weather has been perfect this week. I'm sitting by the old man island pool as I'm typing out this message.

I have been here since Saturday and have not had any issues with the bus transportation. 10 minute waits tops from the resort or parks. Today is my last day before returning home tomorrow. Weather has been perfect this week. I'm sitting by the old man island pool as I'm typing out this message.
I CAN'T WAIT! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter