• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Wondering if more people request ground floor vs upper floor in the AB section. How likely are you to hear your upper neighbours if you are on the ground floor?

We arrive for our first POR visit in 11 days, what is the best way to make a room request? We have a pool view category... any suggestions, DH recently is having a calf issue, it stems from being hit by a car a few years ago and seems to flair up in the fall,

Thanks

We arrive for our first POR visit in 11 days, what is the best way to make a room request? We have a pool view category... any suggestions, DH recently is having a calf issue, it stems from being hit by a car a few years ago and seems to flair up in the fall,

Thanks
If fax room assignor. Info and maps can be found on pg 1

Wondering if more people request ground floor vs upper floor in the AB section. How likely are you to hear your upper neighbours if you are on the ground floor?

I've never stayed in AB, but just remember that there are no elevators in that section. The buildings are only 2 stories, but still!

Touring plans is faxing my room request tonight. I requested the 9074 area. We are staying in a royal river view room. First timers too :)

We requested 2nd floor (booked preferred, so AB). We had stayed ground floor before, and while we didn't hear much noise that trip, we literally only heard like 2 groups walking by our entire week long trip this time. It was SO quiet and the perfect location. The steps were only a smidge of a pain when we had or luggage in toe when we left, but we were bumming anyway and had all our souvies making the luggage heavier to thunk down the stairs. Preferred made a big difference though too.

I liked our view from the 2nd floor too. 1841, awesome location. The steps to the quiet pool were off to the side and down a short hall in the middle of the building, main building was a 3-5 minute walk easy (kids were 5 min, we were 3). :lmao:

We're staying at POR in November. On our arrival night we plan to head to Downtown Disney for Earl of Sandwich and then head over to Winter Summerland for min golf. Last December when I visited (stayed at WL) we drove to DTD and the parking/construction was a nightmare! We had to park in a parking garage down at the end by Disney Quest and walk all the way through to get to Earl. Does anyone know if the parking situation is the same at DTD now? I know everything is still under construction. I'm wondering if we'd be better off taking the boat from POR to DTD and return back to POR and drive to the golf from there? Would that add significant time vs. parking at DTD? Our time frame is from about 7-the 11:00 closing of Winter Summerland.

We were on bottom floor 8 nights and never heard anyone above us the whole time. One morning our kids were loud and we walked out the door the same time as our neighbors so I apologized. They said they didn't hear us at all and actually worried I could hear them as they were being loud too. I never heard them the entire trip. We were in AB 3809 I think.

Arrived today staying in a RR and ended up in the perfect location! We have friends staying in POFQ .... we wanted to stay in Riverside so we could take advantage of the free dining. We were assigned 9599 which is a ground floor room and only a 6 minute walk across the bridge to the POFQ food court! So it's a breeze to meet up with our friends. Enjoyed dinner at Boatwright's. The resort is beautiful... thoroughly enjoying our first stay here.

Arrived today staying in a RR and ended up in the perfect location! We have friends staying in POFQ .... we wanted to stay in Riverside so we could take advantage of the free dining. We were assigned 9599 which is a ground floor room and only a 6 minute walk across the bridge to the POFQ food court! So it's a breeze to meet up with our friends. Enjoyed dinner at Boatwright's. The resort is beautiful... thoroughly enjoying our first stay here.
Awesome! Enjoy your trip! We also felt the walk to between both resorts was great and not long at all! 43 days until I'll be arriving at POR, in a royal room!

We will be staying in a Royal Guest garden view room for our trip in December and I was going to request a room in Oak Manor. I now see that they have the nightly movie in that courtyard. Anyone have any experience with the noise this creates? If it is too noisy I'll probably try to request a room in the other mansion building. Thanks!

We will be staying in a Royal Guest garden view room for our trip in December and I was going to request a room in Oak Manor. I now see that they have the nightly movie in that courtyard. Anyone have any experience with the noise this creates? If it is too noisy I'll probably try to request a room in the other mansion building. Thanks!

Don't worry, the noise is hardly noticeable with the door shut - and in December the movie will be finished by 9pm anyway.

Andre

In 2013 our room was facing the courtyard of Oak Manor, right outside was the nightly movie.. I must say, there was hardly any noise (except for the actual movie noise) outside. From in the room you would have never even known the movie was playing. If I am remembering correctly, the movies were always played around 6:30-7pm so they were never playing late. I loved that area of the royal rooms, so I made sure to request Oak Manor again and I'm booked in a garden view room again.

Just booked with the Stay Play & Dine....can't wait!! First ever girls trip with me, my mom and sister. So excited!!

What would be a good time to reserve Boatwright's if planning to see Yehaa Bob? (as late as reasonable due to conference meetings beforehand)

Is Yehaa Bob's show 3 hours for one show? Or is it 2 performances of the same show each night? Disney has showtimes of 8:30 and 10:30 for a 1 hr 30 min show, but I didn't know if that is correct.

What would be a good time to reserve Boatwright's if planning to see Yehaa Bob? (as late as reasonable due to conference meetings beforehand)

Is Yehaa Bob's show 3 hours for one show? Or is it 2 performances of the same show each night? Disney has showtimes of 8:30 and 10:30 for a 1 hr 30 min show, but I didn't know if that is correct.
We had a 6:15pm reservation for Boatwrights and were finished by about 7:30pm. It seemed too early to sit and wait for the 8:30pm show, but a lot of people were already holding tables.

Bob has two shows - 8:30pm-10pm and the next one at 10:30pm.

(Thanks for the correction, Andre. :) )

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter