Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Please forgive me if I missed this answer, I tried to skim thru the posts to see if I could find it.....

This will be our first time staying a Port Orleans Riverside, and we were thinking it would be nice to take the boat to Downtown. Can anyone tell me how long the trip is one way?

Just booked our October vacation at POR - the APs end & we aren't renewing. Can't wait. Booked preferred online since the phone system with the CMs was down last night.

We never paid attention to how long the boat takes. It is so relaxing and refreshing that we just enjoyed the ride!

Do the fridges in POR have the tiny freezer area in them? And, does this usually get cold enough to mostly freeze soemthing?
We are heading down Wednesday, and I managed to drop something on my big toe at work this weekend :sad2:. Fortunately I didn't break it, but it did swell up quite a lot and it's been difficult to walk. I'm gradually getting better, especially if I only wear sandals (which was the plan for our trip anyway), but I was hoping to bring my cold pack to put on it to help relieve the swelling when we go back to the resort for our afternoon breaks. It is the type that doesn't freeze solid, so as long as the freezer area will get "pretty" cold, I should be good. Otherwise, we need to pack a cooler or something to keep ice cold for me!

Do the fridges in POR have the tiny freezer area in them? And, does this usually get cold enough to mostly freeze soemthing?
We are heading down Wednesday, and I managed to drop something on my big toe at work this weekend :sad2:. Fortunately I didn't break it, but it did swell up quite a lot and it's been difficult to walk. I'm gradually getting better, especially if I only wear sandals (which was the plan for our trip anyway), but I was hoping to bring my cold pack to put on it to help relieve the swelling when we go back to the resort for our afternoon breaks. It is the type that doesn't freeze solid, so as long as the freezer area will get "pretty" cold, I should be good. Otherwise, we need to pack a cooler or something to keep ice cold for me!

The ones at POFQ don't and according to Andre's website PORTORLEANS.ORG neither does POR.

If you have many items in the fridge and put your pack toward the back it should get pretty cold. The other items help keep everything cold.

Sorry
There are ice machines throughout the resort. You can always take a wash cloth and make a nice pack if necessary. Good luck. I'm headed to POR 8/26 for my fifth trip.

The ones at POFQ don't and according to Andre's website PORTORLEANS.ORG neither does POR.

Bummer!

If you have many items in the fridge and put your pack toward the back it should get pretty cold. The other items help keep everything cold.

Good idea, thanks! We will have it pretty stocked with drinks, and maybe I will even stick some ice from the ice machine in the fridge (in a ziploc) to try to make it even colder!

I've been reading lots of information about POR as this will be my first time there and only my second time at any WDW resort so I am very very excited!! Has anyone ridden in the horse drawn carriage at POR?? I'm hoping to do that when I'm there this October and was just curious if anyone here has experienced it. Looks so fun and sweet!

Anyone stayed in a corner unit in the bayou? I'm thinking it might be nice to stay in a corner unit with an extra window but wonder if it worth the treck if we are located way at the far end of the bayou away from the main building LOL

Last time I was there, about 18 months ago, they didn't have it however there's ice machines in all buildings :)

I've been reading lots of information about POR as this will be my first time there and only my second time at any WDW resort so I am very very excited!! Has anyone ridden in the horse drawn carriage at POR?? I'm hoping to do that when I'm there this October and was just curious if anyone here has experienced it. Looks so fun and sweet!

I booked it in 2009 for my honeymoon at POFQ, and have now booked it again for my August trip to POR this year. As I booked it again for this trip, obviously I think it's worth doing. It's a tad short for the price (25 min for $45.00) but it's a pleasant enough diversion and was a great honeymoon activity. This time around, I am sure my 5 and 4 year olds will get a kick out of it, too. :)

EDIT: Related question... I think I remember tipping for this in 2009 as I wasn't sure if I should, so erred on the side of caution. Do others typically tip the driver for this?

No but I've done the sleigh at wilderness one Christmas and loved it!

We did it a couple of years ago but toured POFQ since we were staying at POR. We had Lori who has been there many years & is an awesome story teller with the background of the resorts and WDW in general. We look for her every stay & hope to do it again this October. It was def worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter