Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello Port Orleans family!! ^_^

We got 20-25% off discount for CSR but are 95% sure we're switching to POR ^_^ We just love Port Orleans! Our favorite is POFQ but POR is a close second :)
I've never stayed at PQFQ. Although we will walking over on our next trip to POR to try the beignets. Is it possible to take a boat to POFQ? I thought it was but maybe I imagined that.

I've never stayed at PQFQ. Although we will walking over on our next trip to POR to try the beignets. Is it possible to take a boat to POFQ? I thought it was but maybe I imagined that.

You can take the ferry boat and get off at POFQ, but unless there is one waiting at the dock already it'd probably be quicker to walk.

Andre

Finally recovered from my trip to WDW last week.

After staying at POR, I am happy I changed from a value resort. Room was nice, people friendly.. and I ended pretty close to the south bus stop / lobby area..

will stay again! :)

Finally recovered from my trip to WDW last week.

After staying at POR, I am happy I changed from a value resort. Room was nice, people friendly.. and I ended pretty close to the south bus stop / lobby area..

will stay again! :)

Glad you enjoyed your stay at POR. I think it really is worth it to spend the extra money and upgrade to a mod if you can. There's just something about coming back to POR after a long day at the parks that makes it feel like home.

Add me to the list of staying!! I'm excited. Jumping from CBR to POR because after checking everyday a garden room popped up! I'm so excited. We stayed here last year and were bummed about having to go with CBR. Doing the happy dance now!

Has anyone had any luck with getting into their room before 3pm? We will be driving over from the beach. Planning to arrive around 8am. Plan is to park at the resort and head to the MK. Would like to come back to the hotel around lunch time, eat and put my little guy down for a nap. We will be checking in on a Monday, hoping it's not as busy as say checking in on a weekend. Already did the on-line check in (30 days out today!!!).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I've been to WDW 10 times and I arrived before 3:00 all but one of those times, and in those 9 times, I can only recall not getting into my room immediately once, and that was when smoking rooms were still available, and I opted to wait for a non-smoking room rather than take a smoking one that was immediately available.

Has anyone had any luck with getting into their room before 3pm? We will be driving over from the beach. Planning to arrive around 8am.

As long as you've done Online Checkin and advised them of your arrival time then they will do their best to have a room ready for you. Complex requests might prevent that from working, but as long as you're happy to accept whatever room happens to be free at the time then the chances are very good these days.

And even if they can't accommodate you immediately at 8am, if you don't mind dropping off your bags and coming back at lunchtime I very much doubt there'd be any problem at all by then and they will text you your room number so you can go straight there.

Andre

Is there anyway to have some kind of anniversary surprise delivered to your room? Like a cake or treats or something? We'll be coming for our 10th anniversary in Nov.

We'd check in, park by the room, and leave our baggage in the car until we come back from a park if our room's not ready. (I don't know if you're taking a car there or not.)

We were originally going to do a split stay with POP and POR in 2016 but I am more and more convinced that the hassle of moving isn't worth it when we can be at POR the whole time. The money difference isn't a bunch so I am going to rethink things.

As long as you've done Online Checkin and advised them of your arrival time then they will do their best to have a room ready for you. Complex requests might prevent that from working, but as long as you're happy to accept whatever room happens to be free at the time then the chances are very good these days.

And even if they can't accommodate you immediately at 8am, if you don't mind dropping off your bags and coming back at lunchtime I very much doubt there'd be any problem at all by then and they will text you your room number so you can go straight there.

Andre
Thanks for the reply! Very encourage that my plan will work out for arrival day. I did the online check-in today and made sure to put our early arrival time in. We don't have any room requests. Not expecting the room at 8am; fingers crossed for lunch time! Counting down the days!!! This will be our first stay at POR, looking forward to checking out the resort.

Anyone have a pic of a child laying on the pull down bed? Trying to decide if its worth it for my going to be 5 year old. Thanks

The Murphy bed in AB was perfect for any of my kids, ages 4, 8, & 11. They each took turns on it. Quite sturdy & comfy

Pic below is my 8 year old.

Last edited:
915_zpsbklmnsh2.jpg

So very sad today.

We should be arriving at POR in about an hour... but instead, we're stuck here in Ohio because of the snow. And we can't get a flight out until Monday. :( :(

The customer service agents at Disney were absolutely wonderful in changing our reservations from Saturday-Saturday to Monday-Monday... no fees involved, and actually we get a little bit of money back somehow.

However, we've got 2 reservations and they weren't able to get both in garden view rooms like our original reservations. This all took place over the course of 2 phone calls because the call got dropped halfway through, but what we've ended up with was 1 garden view room & 1 standard view room. The CSR assured us that they will still be able to honor our connecting/adjoining request with one GV & one SV room. Is that true?? We really, really, really would like to have adjoining rooms because my parents are planning on having one of our kids sleep in their room every night.

Should I place a call directly down to the resort to confirm this and our room requests? I had sent a fax in on Wednesday with our room requests... should I send another fax?

I just don't know what to do at this point and I'm sure it's probably not that difficult to figure it out, but to say I'm frazzled right now would be putting it lightly. I've spent 2 hours on the phone with Disney this morning, 4 HOURS on hold with Southwest trying to get our flights changed... plus trying to reschedule FPs and hoping against hope that I'd be able to reschedule our ADRs (which I can't). My brain just isn't firing all synapses right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter