Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I noticed that I can actually get a chance to attend the very first Halloween party, if they haven't sold out.

Has anyone stayed in building 7? Did you think it was 'too far' from the pool or main building? (I know the resort is small.) How long did it take to walk from there to the main building at Riverside?

Does anyone know the size of this resort in comparison to Pop Century? We were stuck in the 90s building last trip and didn't like the distance to the main building. My only request was going to be adjoining rooms for our party, but if building 7 at POFQ is as far as the 90s building at Pop I may make a location request above the adjoining rooms.

Does anyone know the size of this resort in comparison to Pop Century? We were stuck in the 90s building last trip and didn't like the distance to the main building. My only request was going to be adjoining rooms for our party, but if building 7 at POFQ is as far as the 90s building at Pop I may make a location request above the adjoining rooms.

All of POFQ would fit within the same area of the 50's, 60's and 70's area at Pop.

POFQ is much more compact i think. I looked at maps and it looks much smaller space wise than Pop. I think that's why they don't have preferred rooms at POFQ. We are requesting building 4 thought just in case

Google Maps are your friend.... Both resorts at the same scale (building 7 is the three-white-blocks at the top of the Port Orleans area, and the star in the middle is the main lobby building):

upload_2016-6-3_14-15-7.png upload_2016-6-3_14-16-18.png

Andre

All of POFQ would fit within the same area of the 50's, 60's and 70's area at Pop.

POFQ is much more compact i think. I looked at maps and it looks much smaller space wise than Pop. I think that's why they don't have preferred rooms at POFQ. We are requesting building 4 thought just in case

Google Maps are your friend.... Both resorts at the same scale (building 7 is the three-white-blocks at the top of the Port Orleans area, and the star in the middle is the main lobby building):

View attachment 173069 View attachment 173070

Andre
Thank you all!

Has anyone stayed in building 7? Did you think it was 'too far' from the pool or main building? (I know the resort is small.) How long did it take to walk from there to the main building at Riverside?

The only problem with Building 7 is when it is raining - the walk to the food court or bus stops seem very long in a downpour! :umbrella:
Building 7 is the best spot for walking to Riverside, however!

My only request is connecting. The resort is small enough, so that it will limit our walking. If I don't stay here than it will be Pop again for my 4th time. I picked French Quarter because of the kids in our party. They will live the pool and waterslide. This resort should be a whole lot quieter than Pop.

Having stayed in both, I can definitely confirm that POFQ is much quieter. I find the resort has a very peaceful, laid-back atmosphere which is so welcome after a day in the theme parks! I especially love it at night, when the resort is lit up with its "gas" lamps, and you hear the sound of the cicadas and the clip-clop of horses hooves from passing carriages. It's truly magical.

When my kids were small, they LOVED the pool and waterslide. Sometimes it was tough convincing them to leave so we could go to a park, LOL.

Yes, we've stayed in buildings 7, 4, 5 and 1 and have enjoyed them all. For us, the walk from building 7 to the main building or pool was less than 10 minutes, probably closer to 5 and that's at a leisurely pace.

My apologies, I didn't read your question correctly. I thought you were asking how far from building 7 to the main building at POFQ. That'll teach me to read in detail and not just skim the post, LOL.

To answer your question, it's maybe a 10-15 minute walk from building 7 to the main building at Riverside. It all depends on how quickly you walk. :)

My apologies, I didn't read your question correctly. I thought you were asking how far from building 7 to the main building at POFQ. That'll teach me to read in detail and not just skim the post, LOL.

Guilty of not reading the question properly here too. Yes, from building 7 it's a very short and pleasant walk over to Riverside. Just a few minutes walk to the 'border' :) and then another few minutes walk inside the Riverside area to get to the main building or to one of the quiet pools, if you want those. It's around 450 yards from the end of building 7 to either the POR main lobby or the nearest quiet pool.

Andre

I didn't actually see any photos of any special merch for the anniversary, not sure if anyone else saw anything?

Andre

Distilled water for a CPAP, is that something that needs to be brought with? or can i buy it at the resort? i have read somewheres that POR has it somewheres? Also, is there a plug close to the bed anymore, or do i need an extension cord?

Yes there is a power socket right beside the bed (behind the bedside table). And yes you can get distilled water from the shop (and multi-packs of regular bottled drinking water too):

upload_2016-6-6_23-49-55.png

Andre

Last edited:
First time staying on-site. I see there is a coffee maker. My MIL is a tea drinker, can we use it to boil water without coffee in it, and do they supply tea bags or should we bring our own.

I know we can get tea from the QS in the refillable mug, but just thinking of first thing, she may not want to walk over if we can sort it in the room

I was hoping to see if they took down the shell with the alligators, and how much (if any) space was taken away from seating, etc. It looks cute, though - - we'll just have to see it when we get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter