Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

If you've got them already (TA website?) I'd appreciate a copy as my contacts seem to be a bit busy at the moment.

Andre
Oh lord...I'm sorry. That "I have it" wasn't meant for this thread. I was obviously distracted by my 4 year old.

I was actually asking about not knowing the schedule until May 1st because we're checking in on April 30. I don't want to have to wait until the 1st to make our plans.

Is this the correct phone number for faxing room requests? Fax: (407) 934-5353

Also, any tips? I have sent requests for 2 stays at POR but that has been a couple of years now. Thanks!

The May Recreation Schedules are now up, see http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=280416

The main feature swimming pool hours are currently 9am—10pm, including the new children's Aquatic Play Area at Port Orleans French Quarter. The evening campfires will commence at 6:30pm this month and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 8:30pm, with both activities occurring on alternating days at the two resorts — Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at French Quarter.

Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes (two members of the fabulous Off Kilter rock band which used to perform in Epcot's Canada pavilion) will be playing at Scat Cat's Club on May 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30 and 31.

Andre

Oh lord...I'm sorry. That "I have it" wasn't meant for this thread. I was obviously distracted by my 4 year old.

I was actually asking about not knowing the schedule until May 1st because we're checking in on April 30. I don't want to have to wait until the 1st to make our plans.

LOL, it happens. I got the schedules about an hour later as it happens, they are now on the site so you can start planning.

Andre

Can someone please tell me which category are the corner rooms? How would I go about securing one?
Thanks.

Can someone please tell me which category are the corner rooms? How would I go about securing one?
Thanks.

They can be in any category, they just happen to be on corners and thus (mostly) have two windows. You can't secure one, but you can request one.

Well, there is one thing you could do if there are only two people in the booking, and that's to book a King Bed room as every one of those at French Quarter also happens to be a corner room.

Andre

Can you get food to go from the Sassagoula restaurant so you can head out quickly in the morning and catch the bus?

They can be in any category, they just happen to be on corners and thus (mostly) have two windows. You can't secure one, but you can request one.

Well, there is one thing you could do if there are only two people in the booking, and that's to book a King Bed room as every one of those at French Quarter also happens to be a corner room.

Andre

Thanks Andre! This is a solo trip so definitely would book a king room.

I read that in order to request a room you have to send a Fax. Has anyone ever requested a room and if so were you successful? And what about an early check in?

I've tried faxing twice and got exactly the opposite of my request. Other people have been more successful though.

I've tried faxing twice and got exactly the opposite of my request. Other people have been more successful though.
Well I'm happy to report that I faxed this past Monday and we checked in today. I requested a specific room number based on touringplans.com. They have a lay out with actual pictures from every room so you can see the view, etc. And I requested an early check in based on our flight arrival time. I got a text while we were still at the airport (11:45am) telling us our room was ready. AND I got the room right next door to the one I requested. It's perfect!
I'm sure it doesn't always work out but but based on our experience, it's always worth a try.

VERY excited...just booked our September trip at POFQ with room only discount! This will be my frist stay at POFQ but we stayed at POR back in 2004 and loved it. I like that POFQ is more compact as I need to use a walker now due to some medical problems. This will also be my first trip with a little one...my daughter will be 21 months old when we are there. Really looking forward to this trip and appreciate all the advice and information here about the resort.

Work will commence in the next few weeks inside the old Bonfamille's Cafe restaurant location at Port Orleans French Quarter in order to prepare it for temporary guest use during August to October this year. This will most likely not be full table service though, so you won't be able to make ADRs in advance. I don't have any exact details of dates to release as yet, but as soon as I know anything more definite I will let everyone know, and I'll also post information on other related work which may be occurring at the resort during the same timeframe...

The Bonfamille's location was last used during Christmas 2015 for a brief two-week table service experience serving cajun-inspired options under the name "Scat Cat's Café", and prior to that it functioned as Walt Disney World's test kitchen facility:

PO.org-Guest-Resort-20151221_170855_forum.jpg

(Xmas 2015)

Andre

I read that in order to request a room you have to send a Fax. Has anyone ever requested a room and if so were you successful? And what about an early check in?
Just returned from a 7 day stay...POFQ is my FAVORITE moderate, due to the size and friendly CMs. However, don't get your heart set on specific requests. We had two standard view rooms, and asked our Travel Agent to put in the following requests in order of priority:
1. Ground floor or close to elevator (due to mobility issues)
2. Close to transportation (due to mobility issues)
3. Connecting rooms (due to seniors needing assistance)

I put the same above requests in the fax from Touring Plans

For online check-in, for each room, we requested Ground Floor, Close to Transportation.

What we first got was:

Third Floor, separate buildings, building 7.

After lots of time with the desk CM, who noted that the requests were noted on our reservation, and checked by phone for availability, we ended up with two rooms on the third floor close to each other, in building 7, and were able to move to building 4, but still had non-connecting room, on the second floor.

So, at the end of the day, like they say, a request is just that: a request.

Other than that, rooms were clean, food court had improved a LOT since my last stay, and all the CMs were very pleasant. I'll go back to FQ next time, even if it means no special offer.

Thank you. I did send a Fax. Any idea about how effective the Fax's are?

We sent a fax, asked the TA to include our requests on the reservation, as well as doing online check in, and ended up with NONE of our requests being met. They are only requests.

We have reservations for a return trip October 26 - November 9. We've stayed at POFQ many times, but decided to stay at Pop this past January to reduce costs. We're from Canada and the exchange was horrendous at the time. While we enjoyed our stay at Pop, we really missed POFQ, which just feels like "home" to us. We visited a few times to walk around the grounds, grab a meal at the food court and say hello to CM's we've gotten to know over the years. I was hoping to get a discount for this trip but we've decided we're going back, discount or not, LOL. So excited to be returning to our favourite resort! :lovestruc

Work will commence in the next few weeks inside the old Bonfamille's Cafe restaurant location at Port Orleans French Quarter in order to prepare it for temporary guest use during August to October this year. This will most likely not be full table service though, so you won't be able to make ADRs in advance. I don't have any exact details of dates to release as yet, but as soon as I know anything more definite I will let everyone know, and I'll also post information on other related work which may be occurring at the resort during the same timeframe...

Andre

Andre, Do you have any idea if this will be a dinner only spot? Or do we think they may do breakfast too? We are going to be there the last week in August and are excited to have this option.
Thanks,
Dana

The Bonfamille's location was last used during Christmas 2015 for a brief two-week table service experience serving cajun-inspired options under the name "Scat Cat's Café", and prior to that it functioned as Walt Disney World's test kitchen facility:

PO.org-Guest-Resort-20151221_170855_forum.jpg

(Xmas 2015)

Andre

The first time we stayed at POFQ was in 2006 so although we had heard of Bonfamille's, we never experienced it. I'm curious as to where this is located? I can't seem to picture it.

The first time we stayed at POFQ was in 2006 so although we had heard of Bonfamille's, we never experienced it. I'm curious as to where this is located? I can't seem to picture it.
We ate dinner and breakfast there on our honeymoon trip in 1998 . It was to the left of Scat Cat's pass the restrooms. We enjoyed our meals more then the ones we had at Boatwright's on the same trip.

Last edited:
We ate dinner and breakfast there on our honeymoon trip in 1998 . It was to the left of Scat Cat's pass the restrooms. We enjoyed our meals more then the ones we had at Boatwright's on the same trip.

Thank you! I figured it must be in the area of the food court but couldn't picture where. I'm assuming it was smaller than Boatwright's? We've eaten there a few times and have always enjoyed it, but I'm sad we missed out on Bonfamille's. It doesn't sound like this version will be open when we're there at the end of October/beginning of November. :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter