Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone give a recent (last month or so) update on the bedding situation? Is it still sheet-blanket-sheet and not the awful duvet that so many hotels have gone to? Thanks in advance!

Still sheet-blanket-sheet! Bed is very comfortable - pillows still terrible. Lol.

Here right now - I'll check tomorrow for you! Any other questions, let me know! We booked a "garden view", did online check in and chose from the requests "2nd floor" and "room ready early". We arrived at 1:30pm, room as ready, on 2nd floor in building 5, but we are facing the laundry. I guess I expected "garden view" to be on the other side of the building, looking at the pretty courtyard. Oh well. No biggie. It was beautiful today, but got REALLY chilly tonight at the Wishes Dessert Party! Tomorrow is supposed to be cold! Rest of the week should be getting warmer. Hopefully!! Stopped at Riverside for a nightcap and enjoyed the live music. Disappointed they took the prime rib sliders off the lounge menu. DD21 & I love them in July. Wanted DH to try them this trip. :(

I would question the garden view category of a room that looks at the laundry too. Like you it wouldn't ruin my trip but I think you should only have to pay standard view room price for it.

Have a great trip! Thanks for posting

I love POFQ, but I noticed it's not available to even choose as an option for any of the current Spring Deals. POR is available to choose, but no rooms are available at POR. These must be the two most popular resorts in all of WDW.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/s...4I_dc|disney world|42180907796|e|1540wwa14043
I booked POFQ for Feb/March with an offer back in October (25% off, I think?). I was surprised since it is almost always excluded. We usually stay at POR, but the rooms available at POFQ were actually cheaper than POR, so I decided to go for it. But if they're not offering it anymore I guess that just means they're booked up enough for the spring? I have no clue how these things work, it always confuses me...

Yesterday I booked POFQ 5 nights end of March. Online it showed me availability for the spring room only offer, but wouldn't let me add it to my cart. When I called they said not available, and today it just says offer not available on line. We still booked FQ because it was the best price for the dates we wanted to book, and we like the size and theme of the resort.

Yesterday I booked POFQ 5 nights end of March. Online it showed me availability for the spring room only offer, but wouldn't let me add it to my cart. When I called they said not available, and today it just says offer not available on line. We still booked FQ because it was the best price for the dates we wanted to book, and we like the size and theme of the resort.
That's great. Fun times are coming. :banana::banana:

We'll be there 2/28-3/7. Originally only POP, ASM and AKL were available for the military discount so we booked POP. Called back two days ago hoping something opened up at POR which is where we stayed and loved it our last visit in 2009. No POR but POFQ had a garden room so we took it and I had planned to keep trying for POR. After reading the boards and checking out portorleans.org I'm sticking with POFQ. When do you normally do online checkin? I don't really care what building we're in but want to request early check in.

After reading the boards and checking out portorleans.org I'm sticking with POFQ. When do you normally do online checkin?

You can do it any time from 60-days before arrival.

Mousesteps has a recent post which includes photos of the new resort specific merchandise at POR & POFQ: http://www.mousesteps.com/denises-c...arrives-at-walt-disney-world-moderate-resorts

Pics were also added to my News post from last week (added 10 Jan): http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=030115&limit=5

Andre

We arrive on the 29th for our first stay at POFQ. The past few years we have been fortunate to stay at various deluxe resorts where my two children have not had to share a bed (dd13 ds7). We just came back from the trip of a lifetime on the Disney Magic Cruise where we stayed in the Royal Suite and we all had bedrooms to ourselves! That said, no deluxe for us this year since that cruise was a huge once in a lifetime splurge.
So, I am looking for ways to make our sleeping arrangements comfortable for all of us and keep the peace. The last thing I want to hear is bickering in Disney World. Since we will have our car, its not a big deal to have some extra luggage. Will a blow up mattress for DS7 fit in the River View Room?
Just wondering if anyone has tried that before and how it worked space wise.
I apologize is this was covered already in this thread - I think it was but I cant seem to locate the info again.
Best,
Amanda

Yes a twin sized air mattress will fit but no one would be able to easily walk around it. They switched to queen sized beds a few years ago so it's probably much tighter now. Have you considered switching to PO Riverside? They have rooms with a trundle type bed that would be fine for a 7 year old? With 2 kids though a queen sized bed should be large enough to share easily. You could even bring a body pillow to put in the middle of them to separate. I would switch resorts over having to deal with an air mattress the whole trip in a room that already feels a bit crowded with 4 people.

We got back home Tuesday from our first stay at POFQ. This was our first time there and loved it. Look forward to returning there in the future :)

We arrive on the 29th for our first stay at POFQ. The past few years we have been fortunate to stay at various deluxe resorts where my two children have not had to share a bed (dd13 ds7). We just came back from the trip of a lifetime on the Disney Magic Cruise where we stayed in the Royal Suite and we all had bedrooms to ourselves! That said, no deluxe for us this year since that cruise was a huge once in a lifetime splurge.
So, I am looking for ways to make our sleeping arrangements comfortable for all of us and keep the peace. The last thing I want to hear is bickering in Disney World. Since we will have our car, its not a big deal to have some extra luggage. Will a blow up mattress for DS7 fit in the River View Room?
I apologize is this was covered already in this thread - I think it was but I cant seem to locate the info again.
Best,
Amanda

We have done an air mattress once and it can be done. It will feel real tight when its down but we always stood it up until it was needed it. Also; like a PP mentioned, look into an AB room at POR. If you pay for preferred area, you will guarantee getting a room with the murphy bed. Another option is co-sleep dad/son and mom/daughter.

So excited, we just cancelled our Pop reservations and since my mom is now traveling with us, we were able to book an upgrade at POFQ at the military rate. :cool1::woohoo:

We haven't stayed at POFQ in 10 years, and its always been one of my very favorites. I'm so excited I could burst!!

Best,
Amanda

We have stayed in a value the last 3 visits and we have the same problem with my son and teen daughter. We have put an air mattress in the values on the floor, and if you've ever stayed value then you know how tiny the rooms are. So, if it can be done at value, then I'll bet it will work at a moderate. :)

Thanks everyone. Switching isnt an option because we are staying with a cast member discount and POR is not available for that discount. May throw one in the car and have as a back up plan. DD13 has suffered nightmares since real little and sleeping with her can be painful if she thrashes about. A few kicks and punches...lol just seeing how to avoid those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter