Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Does POFQ have bed rails you can request for young children? If so, do they put them on for you or leave them for you to do? Thanks!

You can request bed rails from Housekeeping. We never had any issues getting them for DD when she was little at any of the resorts. I'm guessing if you're going during a very busy time, they could run out. They are the kind that you just slide under the mattress, so easy to use. My personal experience is that they leave the rails for you to install. There were two times when we returned to the room to find the rails "installed" and turn-down service (so to speak) for that bed. It was really cute because the housekeeper tucked in DD's dolls by the rail. (That was at CBR and POFQ.)

Does POFQ have bed rails you can request for young children? If so, do they put them on for you or leave them for you to do? Thanks!

my sister needed them last year for her 2 year old. I had the request in the ressie and on my fax I sent to POFQ but the rails were not in the room when we got there. Called housekeeping and they were delivired within 15 minutes. My sister ended up pushing the bed against the wall by the bathroom and useed one rail on the other side of the bed.

If your little one naps we had good luck with calling Housekeeping every morning when we were leaving for the parks and asking if they could please take care of that room before 1-1:30Pm because we had a young child that needed a nap and the room was done everyday when my sister came back at naptime, except for one day. We were generous with what we left for housekeeping because of this.

You can request bed rails from Housekeeping. We never had any issues getting them for DD when she was little at any of the resorts. I'm guessing if you're going during a very busy time, they could run out. They are the kind that you just slide under the mattress, so easy to use. My personal experience is that they leave the rails for you to install. There were two times when we returned to the room to find the rails "installed" and turn-down service (so to speak) for that bed. It was really cute because the housekeeper tucked in DD's dolls by the rail. (That was at CBR and POFQ.)

Sounds great, thank you!

If your little one naps we had good luck with calling Housekeeping every morning when we were leaving for the parks and asking if they could please take care of that room before 1-1:30Pm because we had a young child that needed a nap and the room was done everyday when my sister came back at naptime, except for one day. We were generous with what we left for housekeeping because of this.

Good idea! Will have to remember this since we plan to have nap/break time almost every day.

My DW, DS (27), DDIL (27) are staying at port orleans french quarter in November. We have a breakfest at cape may early one morning. What's the best way to get there, car, taxi? If we drive can we leave our vehicle there and enter Epcot and Hollywood Studios?

We took a taxi from POR to the YC earlier this year. Cost us $10.
Well worth it but if you have a car and can leave your car I'm sure that is even better.

I will be "home" at POFQ in under 24hours! And digging into some beignets in a mere 24 and a half hours!

Does anyone know how to make today go by faster?!

my sister needed them last year for her 2 year old. I had the request in the ressie and on my fax I sent to POFQ but the rails were not in the room when we got there. Called housekeeping and they were delivired within 15 minutes. My sister ended up pushing the bed against the wall by the bathroom and useed one rail on the other side of the bed.

that is great info thanks we will be traveling with my 22 month old son and this will be helpful. I did not know you can get bedrails :thumbsup2

You can call Housekeeping at the beginning of your stay and note that you'd like early service for your entire stay and they will do their best to accommodate. The head Housekeeper at one of the resorts told me I didn't need to call every day. It is especially helpful if you can tell them what time you'll be leaving so they can schedule around that. For example, if you'll leave the room by 7:30 each morning, they know they can get in there at 8:00 when a lot of other people are dawdling and missing rope drop.

Sandi said:

Thanks for this info, I was just wondering if they had these the other day!

My DW, DS (27), DDIL (27) are staying at port orleans french quarter in November. We have a breakfest at cape may early one morning. What's the best way to get there, car, taxi? If we drive can we leave our vehicle there and enter Epcot and Hollywood Studios?

I would take a taxi. The BC parking lot is not intended for theme park parking and there are signs posted to that effect. They may give you a three hour parking pass.

Mr. Willey.. Do you know when the October recreation/activities calender is going to come out?

I only ask because my wife and I will be at WDW from 27 Sept. to 4 Oct. and have 3 October (friday night) as a short day at the parks. We are going to go to Disney Quest for a while but wanted to know what movie was playing at POFQ. We are trying to decide whether or not to stay at Disney Quest for most of the day or to head back to the POFQ and watch the movie and have some pool/hot tub time since it is the day before we have to head home (unless I win the lottery before then of course). :rotfl2:

Does it matter if you fax your request for your trip on a weekend or weekday? And if its during the day or evening? We arrive Thursday and was curious if I should do it tonight or wait til Monday. Meant to do it yesterday but didn't have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter