Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi,

This will be our 1st stay at POFQ:goodvibes and i was wondering if anyone knows if the soda mug you get with the dining plan can be used at both Riverside and French Quarter since they're under the same resort.

Also how is the bus transportation? Does it run frequently? Is the French Quarter one of the first stops?

I appreciate your help
Thanx

Hi,

This will be our 1st stay at POFQ:goodvibes and i was wondering if anyone knows if the soda mug you get with the dining plan can be used at both Riverside and French Quarter since they're under the same resort.

Also how is the bus transportation? Does it run frequently? Is the French Quarter one of the first stops?

I appreciate your help
Thanx

Yes, the mugs can be used at any Disney resort. :goodvibes

Bus service is good. There is only one bus stop at POFQ and usually when travelling to the parks in the morning, you don't stop at POR to pick up people. We just returned from a 12 night trip at POFQ. When we went to the parks mid to late afternoon we always stopped at POR to pick up and drop off people that were already on the bus. That can add 10 - 15 minutes to your travelling time.

Hi,

Actually, with the new RFID mugs they are good at any WDW resort.

I appreciate your help
Thanx

We have always had good bus karma at POFQ. They run about every 20 minutes. It only has one bus stop and when it does happen to share with POR, POFQ is the first stop on the way to the parks and returning from the parks.

Yes, the mugs can be used at any Disney resort. :goodvibes

Bus service is good. There is only one bus stop at POFQ and usually when travelling to the parks in the morning, you don't stop at POR to pick up people. We just returned from a 12 night trip at POFQ. When we went to the parks mid to late afternoon we always stopped at POR to pick up and drop off people that were already on the bus. That can add 10 - 15 minutes to your travelling time.

Actually, with the new RFID mugs they are good at any WDW resort.

We have always had good bus karma at POFQ. They run about every 20 minutes. It only has one bus stop and when it does happen to share with POR, POFQ is the first stop on the way to the parks and returning from the parks.

Thank you so much for the quick replies:yay: Good to know about the buses but will probably take a taxi for our very early ADR's:thumbsup2

We have a garden view room. What is the best way to request a specific bldg?

Thanx again for your help:wave2:

Thank you so much for the quick replies:yay: Good to know about the buses but will probably take a taxi for our very early ADR's:thumbsup2

You're welcome. If your early ADRs are at another resort, I agree taxi is best. However, if they are at one of the parks, the buses do start rolling at 6:30AM. Just an FYI.

We have a garden view room. What is the best way to request a specific bldg?

Thanx again for your help:wave2:

You can either call the main reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. Or you can fax your request. See this post for details.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116216

You're welcome. If your early ADRs are at another resort, I agree taxi is best. However, if they are at one of the parks, the buses do start rolling at 6:30AM. Just an FYI.

You can either call the main reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. Or you can fax your request. See this post for details.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116216

Thank you!!:goodvibes I appreciate all your help.
We usually stay offsite so this is especially exciting for us. The grounds look so beautiful and peaceful. I just hope we're not looking out onto the parking area:confused3

BTW do you know where i can find a schedule of the resorts activities before we get down here? Is this something that might be posted somewhere? But i quess it's probably to early for the end of December:) I'm just really more curious than anything else. I will have my adult DD with me so no little ones:).

Thank you again:)

Thank you!!:goodvibes I appreciate all your help.
We usually stay offsite so this is especially exciting for us. The grounds look so beautiful and peaceful. I just hope we're not looking out onto the parking area:confused3

With a garden view, you will definitely not be looking at a parking lot. The standard view rooms will face the parking lot, but even those have such lush vegetation between the room and the parking lot you have to try to see any cars.

BTW do you know where i can find a schedule of the resorts activities before we get down here? Is this something that might be posted somewhere? But i quess it's probably to early for the end of December:) I'm just really more curious than anything else. I will have my adult DD with me so no little ones:).

Thank you again:)

Here you go. http://portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php

I would check that link on December 1st or 2nd for the December schedule.

So my mom and I are flying down tomorrow to attend Night of Joy. Saturday is her birthday so I decided to book a couple of nights at her favorite resort! I have never stayed here. We have a free ticket to Blizzard Beach that we will be using on Saturday. Approximately how long is the bus ride there? I know it is across the World (literally). We want to be there for 10AM opening so I am trying to plan my attack or if I should just ask my friends who live by MK to come pick us up.

Thanks! I'm super excited to stay at POFQ TOMORROW!! :cool1:

leholcomb said:
So my mom and I are flying down tomorrow to attend Night of Joy. Saturday is her birthday so I decided to book a couple of nights at her favorite resort! I have never stayed here. We have a free ticket to Blizzard Beach that we will be using on Saturday. Approximately how long is the bus ride there? I know it is across the World (literally). We want to be there for 10AM opening so I am trying to plan my attack or if I should just ask my friends who live by MK to come pick us up.

Thanks! I'm super excited to stay at POFQ TOMORROW!! :cool1:

The bus stops at Blizzard Beach before Animal Kingdom. I would estimate a 25min bus ride. Factor in waiting for the bus and the slim possibility of going to Riverside on the way. I would be at the bus stop no later than 9am.

I'll be at POFQ in 2 weeks! It's a last minute trip that was booked because DH is working in Orlando for the weekend. His boss suggested I tag along because we have annual passes this year so I'm going too! We are DVC members and it's been a while since we've stayed anywhere other than DVC resorts so I'm looking forward to something different. And I've always wanted to stay at POFQ, I just couldn't justify staying there while we had DVC points to use.

We have just a standard room and I requested a 2nd floor room because 1st floor rooms creep me out. Anything else I should request?

We are also training for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler next month so does anyone have any advice for a run around the resort property?

I can't wait for beignets!

My DD13, DD11, and I will be returning to our favorite Moderate in April :cool1:. We will be there from 4/6-4/10 for our first girls trip (DH opted to stay home so he can work). We first were booked at ASMovies, then moved over to Pop Century, but the three of us had a talk yesterday, and we all decided that we wanted to return to POFQ, we just love it there and cannot wait to return. Can't wait to get us some beignets :cloud9:.

I have found a great rate for POFQ however it is for a room with 2 queen beds, the king is quite a jump in price! It is myself and boyfriend travelling- has anyone else visited as a couple with two queen beds and found a good solution/didnt have issue with the two beds? :confused3

Our alternative is hilton lake buena vista but I'm just dying to stay at a disney resort and i've never stayed onsite before!!

I have found a great rate for POFQ however it is for a room with 2 queen beds, the king is quite a jump in price! It is myself and boyfriend travelling- has anyone else visited as a couple with two queen beds and found a good solution/didnt have issue with the two beds? :confused3 Our alternative is hilton lake buena vista but I'm just dying to stay at a disney resort and i've never stayed onsite before!!

Just think of a queen size as being cozy and romantic:)

I have found a great rate for POFQ however it is for a room with 2 queen beds, the king is quite a jump in price! It is myself and boyfriend travelling- has anyone else visited as a couple with two queen beds and found a good solution/didnt have issue with the two beds? :confused3

Our alternative is hilton lake buena vista but I'm just dying to stay at a disney resort and i've never stayed onsite before!!

If you really want to sleep in the same bed without paying extra for a king, just sleep in one queen size bed. Unless you both are larger folk and can't fit? DH and I have been married for a quite a long time and he snores like a freight train, I LOVE getting to have a bed and all four pillows to myself at POFQ! :rotfl:

We haven't stayed at POFQ before but we are used to staying in DVC studios which have queen size beds. It's cozy, but we don't mind. We are used to sharing our king size bed at home with 3 dogs so it's still nice. With 2 queen size beds we might just each have our own bed!

Last time our family came to disney, we enjoyed character breakfasts a lot, and preferred to get them before the parks opened to maximize the rope drop to nap time period. Is this possible staying at pofq (or any moderate resort) without our own car? I'm planning for late apr 2015, so if parks open at 9am, I would book breakfast as close to 8am as I can get it, if i can get to it!

DH and I will be there without the kiddos for food & wine next month. We have a river view room. This is our first time staying at this resort. Trying to decide what to put down for our building request. Want close to transportation - parks and DTD. Also want to be able to easily get to Riverside. Since we're coming without kids, we're flying and not renting a car so relying on Disney transportation. Also, are there any advantages to higher versus lower floors as far as views, etc? TIA...

DH and I will be there without the kiddos for food & wine next month. We have a river view room. This is our first time staying at this resort. Trying to decide what to put down for our building request. Want close to transportation - parks and DTD. Also want to be able to easily get to Riverside. Since we're coming without kids, we're flying and not renting a car so relying on Disney transportation. Also, are there any advantages to higher versus lower floors as far as views, etc? TIA...

From the reviews that I have read.... I would choose building 5 or 6. If you go to touringplans.com you can see the resort map, distance to transportation, and the view from every room.

Last time our family came to disney, we enjoyed character breakfasts a lot, and preferred to get them before the parks opened to maximize the rope drop to nap time period. Is this possible staying at pofq (or any moderate resort) without our own car? I'm planning for late apr 2015, so if parks open at 9am, I would book breakfast as close to 8am as I can get it, if i can get to it!

Buses start running at 6:30 am everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter