Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Do you know if they stop at POR? And how long that takes-if it just stops at front or at each of the stops?

Trying to let us sleep as late as possible!

I just read that they have cancelled Fest of the Masters. It is a wonderful art show at DTD. I booked POFQ to take the boat to the Festival, now I have to rethink my first day. Would it be worth it to still go to DTD with all of the construction? My package doesn't start till my second day. :sad:

I'm curious, what does everyone pick when doing online check in? We have a river view room.. and since everyone says no walk is far from transportation I wasn't sure what to pick.. Ground Floor Second Floor Near Transportation Corner Room :confused::confused::confused:

I was at PORFQ in Feb and had a great room.

I had reserved a garden view room and requested buildings 4 or 6 if possible. I think I might have also requested ground floor.

Well I got pixie dusted because they gave me a third floor room with a RIVER view!,

It was great! We used the stairs and elevators and since my DD is 11 it worked great. No strollers to mess with

I just read that they have cancelled Fest of the Masters. It is a wonderful art show at DTD. I booked POFQ to take the boat to the Festival, now I have to rethink my first day. Would it be worth it to still go to DTD with all of the construction? My package doesn't start till my second day. :sad:

All the construction was a pain in Feb not sure now. I really wish I would have had one day just to hang out at the resort. So I would propose you do exactly that! Enjoy the grounds and pool and walk to POR for dinner or just to stroll the grounds.

Just curious for opinions/experiences, we are planning a early Feb stay with our family and have only stayed with two kids last year at CBR preferred room which we loved, with only one bus stop at FQ I'm now wondering if this resort will feel "too cramped" for us as we are coming to FQ in hopes to avoid the dance and cheer crowds at other resorts and loved the pictures of FQ, this whole trip has been one second guess after another- ugh :confused3

any building or room category suggestions welcomed as well :)

Just curious for opinions/experiences, we are planning a early Feb stay with our family and have only stayed with two kids last year at CBR preferred room which we loved, with only one bus stop at FQ I'm now wondering if this resort will feel "too cramped" for us as we are coming to FQ in hopes to avoid the dance and cheer crowds at other resorts and loved the pictures of FQ, this whole trip has been one second guess after another- ugh :confused3

Do you know for sure if CBR is being used as a host resort?
I would suggest CSR or POR if the space is what you like.

I've stayed at POFQ in early February (during a dance/cheer weekend) the past two years and have never felt it was crowded. (And I have not seen any of the dance/cheer groups at POFQ.) It has a smaller footprint that the other mods - which I actually like - but there are garden areas and fountains and it seems very peaceful. Bus stops can get busy at "morning rush hour," but I expect that is true everywhere. I always hit the food court for breakfast early (get there between 7 - 7:30 am) and have never had a long wait for food or any trouble finding a table.

If you loved the pictures, I think you will really enjoy POFQ.

I've stayed in Building 5 (top floor overlooking the lawn where they show movies in the evenings) and Building 2 (ground floor facing the pool area and not far from the boat dock) and liked both locations. (These are both Garden View.) For next trip, I'm going to book Garden View again and make a general request for "convenient to the main bldg," but I really don't think there's a bad location at POFQ.

I've stayed at POFQ in early February (during a dance/cheer weekend) the past two years and have never felt it was crowded. (And I have not seen any of the dance/cheer groups at POFQ.) It has a smaller footprint that the other mods - which I actually like - but there are garden areas and fountains and it seems very peaceful. Bus stops can get busy at "morning rush hour," but I expect that is true everywhere. I always hit the food court for breakfast early (get there between 7 - 7:30 am) and have never had a long wait for food or any trouble finding a table.

I've stayed in Building 5 (top floor overlooking the lawn where they show movies in the evenings) and Building 2 (ground floor facing the pool area and not far from the boat dock) and liked both locations. (These are both Garden View.) For next trip, I'm going to book Garden View again and make a general request for "convenient to the main bldg," but I really don't think there's a bad location at POFQ.

Could you hear the movies playing from your room?

I was in 5344, top floor, in the "block" nearest the front of the resort. The only evening I was aware of hearing the movie from inside my room was when they were showing "The Incredibles" - lots of smash-em crash-em action in the climactic scenes, and I could hear some of the sound effects. It wasn't disturbing, and I don't know that I would have heard it if I'd been asleep. I'm trying to remember what time movies started in February - 7 pm maybe? They did not run very late. Of course in summer they start later.

I am here now in bldg 4 garden view looking out where they show the movies. It was our first day and we had been up since 3 am, so we were in bed by 9. Well, I can tell you the movies did wake us from a deep sleep. Ore than once :-).

I'm staying in January 2015 and I found the rec schedule (for jan 2014) that says movies start at 7pm. So assuming that most of the movies shown are about 2-3 hours long, by the time we usually go to sleep i don't think it will be a problem...hopefully. :confused3

I have stayed in building 5 looking over where the movies played and had no issues with the noise. Could I hear the movies? A little bit and we were pretty close. But it was no where near enough to cause me trouble and I am a light sleeper in general. I use a white noise app plus a fan to drown out noise at my apartment building and still at times have trouble here (though not as much as I would have expected) to give you a frame of reference. Had no trouble with the movies at POFQ.

I have stayed in building 5 looking over where the movies played and had no issues with the noise. Could I hear the movies? A little bit and we were pretty close. But it was no where near enough to cause me trouble and I am a light sleeper in general. I use a white noise app plus a fan to drown out noise at my apartment building and still at times have trouble here (though not as much as I would have expected) to give you a frame of reference. Had no trouble with the movies at POFQ.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for taking time to reply, we really want to try FQ (like the boat and food court options) so I'm hoping it works out! I don't want to risk staying at CBR and having to deal with cheer mobs with two small kids ;) are all the third floor rooms garden or pool view, thinking of booking a standard view but would like third floor just thinking it would be better for our light sleepers, this site is just so awesome and informative I love it, now if I can only hope a discount comes out!! That's a whole other decision if there's a room only or stay, play dine discount, does FQ ever get excluded from these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter