Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just returned more from out 1st stay at FQ and I have to say this might be our new favorite moderate resort. We have stayed at all moderate resorts and this one was perfect for us. We were in building 4. Awesome location for transportation. We weren't more then a 2 minute walk from anywhere we needed to be! Loved having boat access to DTD!! Heading back in April and while I would stay hear again in a heart beat, thinking we will be staying at an Epcot or MK resort since we will be traveling with a new born in tow!

Planning my second solo trip for December 5-12, 2015, at Port Orleans French Quarter, to celebrate my 35th birthday! :goodvibes

I will be at Pop Century in just 43 days from now, and hoping for a good Bounceback offer! :thumbsup2

Planning my second solo trip for December 5-12, 2015, at Port Orleans French Quarter, to celebrate my 35th birthday! :goodvibes

I will be at Pop Century in just 43 days from now, and hoping for a good Bounceback offer! :thumbsup2

There's a bouceback offer for 30% off select dates and free dining 8/20 to 10/2

Hi, we are staying in a Royal Room in mid-Sept. This will be our first visit to POR. About how much time should we allow for bus travel time to the parks? I'm not too familiar with the restart's location to the other parks. Would an hour be sufficient or too much?

Also, any advice on where to request a room that's close to bus stop or food court that's a Royal Room? I'm going to request a 1st floor room also.

Hoping to get some advice from some of you seasoned POR guests!

Thank you!

Hi, we are staying in a Royal Room in mid-Sept. This will be our first visit to POR. About how much time should we allow for bus travel time to the parks? I'm not too familiar with the restart's location to the other parks. Would an hour be sufficient or too much?

Also, any advice on where to request a room that's close to bus stop or food court that's a Royal Room? I'm going to request a 1st floor room also.

Hoping to get some advice from some of you seasoned POR guests!

Thank you!

This is the thread for French quarter. I think you need this thread instead:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

So we are staying at POFQ for the first time 12/8-12/15. We loved our garden view room at POR but wanted a pool view so late night swimming would be easier. I have two questions:
1) Why are all the pool view rooms second and third floor? Is there an obstruction for first floor?
2) I know the Dragon Pool (DS6 calls it) has a close time for water slide but does the pool close also? Theres nothing like coming back from a late night fireworks and jumping in the pool!!

1) Why are all the pool view rooms second and third floor? Is there an obstruction for first floor?

Yes. Ground floor doesn't have a clear view of the pool; there are gardens/hedges/fence. (Hence they are Garden View rooms.) Also, I think you'll still have to enter the pool area from the "front" (nearest the main bldg, where the jester statue is. It's not like you can walk right out of your ground floor room and straight to the pool.

I had a great ground-floor location in Bldg 2 this year, facing the pool area and not far from the boat dock - BUT it would not have been any help in actually getting to the pool.

2) I know the Dragon Pool (DS6 calls it) has a close time for water slide but does the pool close also? Theres nothing like coming back from a late night fireworks and jumping in the pool!!

I think that all "main" pools close when the slides close/life guards leave. There was a drowning accident a while back that made them change the rules.

In looking at the photos, it appears that there is a clock, but that it is not a docking station like at the deluxe resorts. We're staying at POFQ in November and just want to confirm that. Can anyone confirm? We haven't stayed there in years and are looking forward to it.

Thanks

In looking at the photos, it appears that there is a clock, but that it is not a docking station like at the deluxe resorts. We're staying at POFQ in November and just want to confirm that. Can anyone confirm? We haven't stayed there in years and are looking forward to it.

Thanks

No docking stations. Only deluxes have those. :)

Our last trip, we stayed at Riverside in a king bed room with a nice view of the bayou. This time, we're giving French Quarter a try. I'm not springing for a king bed room, or a special view, as it's only for Friday-Sunday. I don't see us spending much time in the room to notice the view. I'm curious, though, how bad is the standard view? Will it be a parking lot, close by? Distant parking lot? Trash bins?

I have stayed in a variety of buildings and rooms, all with Standard view. I have had only one occasion where I was on the end of building 1 and had a "half parking lot view". All the other times we had a view of lush landscaping with wrought iron fence and gates accented with brick. Never really noticed a trash can. The end of building 1 closest to the entry of the resort may have the "worst view" as bad as that gets...which to me is not bad or a distraction. This is probably 2 maybe 3 rooms on the end. Honestly, the view is not a great concern for us as we do not spend much time out on the balcony. It is not private and there is no place to sit. You could do a bit of people watching but would get bored quickly (not because the people that stay at POFQ are not exciting. POFQ folks are the bomb! But, my experience with the place is that there is really not many people walking around the resort at any time other than early to mid morning). I do not think that you would be disappointed.

Quick question that I'm really not sure about. Are there any rules about kids unattended at the pool? Before any jumps on my, they're 12 and 14!!! :rotfl:

I know they'll be well behaved and respectful and all that. I'm just wondering if any CMs or life guards will say anything to them. Just thinking I may need that afternoon nap in the room and I know they'd rather be swimming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter