Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Staying at French Quarter middle of Sept. Plan on taking boat to Downtown Disney. Where does it let you off? Use to be by Rain Forst Cafe area?:cool1:

Plan on taking boat to Downtown Disney. Where does it let you off?

At the front, just behind where the driver sits.

Oh, you mean where is the dock? :)

At the moment it's in the Pleasure Island area, but we don't know exactly when they will finish the construction work near the old docks, and if they will then switch back to the old location or not.

Andre

In all honesty, I would trust bell services with my iPad more than I would leaving it in my room. Bell services is responsible for every bag they check in, where as once it's in your room, it's an easier target.

I have left my laptop/iPad/electronics in both the room and bell services and never had a problem. (In the room, I just don't leave them out in the open.. usually put them in my suitcase with clothes over them.)

last visit at the POR a month ago the Bell Service specifically told us to take all valuables because they are not responsible.. i looked at him kinda weird and he showed me the area everyones stuff just sits at in the open and they cannot be responsible for the items there.

as far as ipad and other apple devices, just make sure findmyphone is activated and IF it does come up missing you will be able to locate it. we did this back during our Dec/Jan trip. Got home to Houston and son realized he left his phone at WDW. Resort claimed there was nothing left behind but findmyphone and some property tax and FB searching proved that the cleaning lady took it.. We called the cops (where were awesome with everything) and he got our phone back from her.. then mailed it to us.

What did WDW do? nothing.

I believe she is even still cleaning rooms at the Poly. :confused3

Is mousekeeping not trustworthy at all? :confused3 I don't plan on bringing laptops or anything valuable really. But i thought if i lock up all my stuff in my suitcase it would be okay.

I wouldn't say that. I am a trusting person at heart and still leave stuff out while vacationing. We've never had issues before or after that incident but we do take some precautions just as always with some items going into the safe. You cant let one bad apple ruin the comfort. No what I'm saying

We have a riverside room booked. I was looking at the map and I would like to get building 5. Are there corner rooms in building 5 that face both the pool and the river? I don't want to request something they don't actually have lol

Well, there's only 3 rooms in building 5 that are river view as well as corner rooms, and it really doesn't look like those rooms are in a good position to see the pool.

We have a riverside room booked. I was looking at the map and I would like to get building 5. Are there corner rooms in building 5 that face both the pool and the river?

Yes, but the only corner rooms in building 5 which face both the pool and the river are 5216 and 5316, which are sold as Pool View rooms (as that is the direction that the doorway and the main window face):

POFQ-Grounds-2010b-1161_forum.jpg

See http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for floorplans of each building.

Andre

With my pin for free dinning I could only get a river view room. I much rather have a pool view room. If I requested a pool view room but still pay the river view room price, is it possible that my request could get granted or is that just a total no go?

last visit at the POR a month ago the Bell Service specifically told us to take all valuables because they are not responsible.. i looked at him kinda weird and he showed me the area everyones stuff just sits at in the open and they cannot be responsible for the items there.

as far as ipad and other apple devices, just make sure findmyphone is activated and IF it does come up missing you will be able to locate it. we did this back during our Dec/Jan trip. Got home to Houston and son realized he left his phone at WDW. Resort claimed there was nothing left behind but findmyphone and some property tax and FB searching proved that the cleaning lady took it.. We called the cops (where were awesome with everything) and he got our phone back from her.. then mailed it to us.

What did WDW do? nothing.

I believe she is even still cleaning rooms at the Poly. :confused3

Holy carp! I have no choice, I have to bring my laptop so I can do work on my vacation... If it gets stolen, it's the company that loses, which wouldn't bother me one bit. :) The iPad, I'll lock in the wall safe! The iPhone is with me all the time.

Holy carp! I have no choice, I have to bring my laptop so I can do work on my vacation... If it gets stolen, it's the company that loses, which wouldn't bother me one bit. :) The iPad, I'll lock in the wall safe! The iPhone is with me all the time.

On our last stay all we brought was an iPad and had not problems, that may be because we locked it up in the in room safe. But I also know that if there is something that doesn't fit you SHOULD be able to have them keep it at the front desk in the resort safe.

yeah indeed crazy.. but like I said I am very trusting and still think WDW is a safe place. This past May we stayed at POR and had 5 ipads and 2 laptops that we did not lock up. Housekeeping was wonderful at taken care of our belongings and even made us the little figures out of wash cloths.. :) they were great.

I know leaving stuff out is just begging for something bad to happen but for some reason we feel secure there. I lock up other non-replaceable's, cash, etc in the safe though.

That's what i was thinking as well! Have you made the request for a non-connecting room and was granted it?

They tried as hard as the could for. I did end up with a non-connecting room, but lost the quiet room that I had requested. If there is a next time, I will be specifically ask for a room in quiet location that does not have a connecting door.

They tried as hard as the could for. I did end up with a non-connecting room, but lost the quiet room that I had requested. If there is a next time, I will be specifically ask for a room in quiet location that does not have a connecting door.

Oh wow, didn't think about making sure I'll have both! I will definitely keep that in mind when I book my trip.

Actually, they sell TSA approved suitcase locks. I use them ALL the time. They're not that expensive.

I know someone that used a TSA lock and when they go the suitcase back the zipper had been broken and the back was closed with packing tape.
When she filed a complaint they said "We don't cover zippers".
The suitcase was brand new and the lock was missing.

I've never had a problem and don't bother to use a lock because I only check clothing and things I can replace.

Wish the world didn't have the bad stuff that has to make us think and talk about this but it is a reality. I hope I never have to report in that I had a bad experience.

Just ended our stay at French Quarter and it was great...except for the in-laws, but that is a story for another time. We were in building 5 right across from the pool, not far from the food court and and short walk to the boat dock.

On our last boat ride from Downtown Disney our boat driver said that the new dock at marketplace should be open in the middle of August. Unfortunately it will be over a year before we can get back and use it.

I know someone that used a TSA lock and when they go the suitcase back the zipper had been broken and the back was closed with packing tape. When she filed a complaint they said "We don't cover zippers". The suitcase was brand new and the lock was missing. I've never had a problem and don't bother to use a lock because I only check clothing and things I can replace. Wish the world didn't have the bad stuff that has to make us think and talk about this but it is a reality. I hope I never have to report in that I had a bad experience.

Has anyone ever seen the video of how to open a suitcase zip with a Bic biro? Makes you think...

Just arrived !!! 6 an flight - ME got us here at 9:30 am, room was ready!!!!! Dropped our carryon and now waiting for the bus to Epcot!

Room is lovely and very clean. Resort is so pretty. So happy to be here with dd20!!

Just arrived !!! 6 an flight - ME got us here at 9:30 am, room was ready!!!!! Dropped our carryon and now waiting for the bus to Epcot! Room is lovely and very clean. Resort is so pretty. So happy to be here with dd20!!

Have so much fun! I'm sitting in work day dreaming of Disney. I can make it thru the next 23 days right?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter