• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Can I still get free hot water from the food court drinking station? I'd like to bring my own tea and mug for the few meals we'll have there, but I'm not sure how it works with the new RFID mugs & cups. Will I need to buy a cup? TIA.

my sister just ran water through the coffee maker in the room so she could make her bedtime tea.

Pool slide question- at the slide at POFQ is there water running through it constantly? My 5 year old son can for the most part swim, but he got on a water slide this summer and when he came off, the water from the slide was hitting him directly in the face and he couldn't swim fast enough to get away from the spray of water alone. He has had more lessons since then, but I am wondering if he will be able to ride the slide or I will need to go with him. I will of course be right there at the pool watching him, but didn't want to get in unless I have to.

Pool slide question- at the slide at POFQ is there water running through it constantly?

Yes, but it's not a massive torrent sort of flow, just enough to help you slide down it. You can't go down the slide with him anyway, but you can wait at the bottom for him.

Andre

I am so excited to return to POFQ for my third time in March of 2014. It will be a trip for just me and my hubby, 6 nights of pure Disney bliss!!!
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ march 2014pixiedust:

I am so excited to return to POFQ for my third time in March of 2014. It will be a trip for just me and my hubby, 6 nights of pure Disney bliss!!! 29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ march 2014pixiedust:

We will be there in March too for our 1st stay at POFQ. So excited. It's also out 1st stay at a moderate resort. We have only done value in the past.

I'm sorry for the long post but I am looking for some advice in planning my trip.

We are going on a Disney cruise in July 2014. Since they are still offering discounted rooms & tickets to the military we decided to add on a few days at WDW. We stayed at POR on our last tip Thanksgiving 2012 and wanted to stay there again on this trip but they don't have any standard rooms available at the military rate when we will be there. I was able to get 2 standard rooms at POFQ.

We are not morning people and are planning to visit the parks later in the day and stay until closing and let the kids sleep in. I really wanted POR since my mom would enjoy walking around the resort in the mornings while the kids sleep. I know POR is not a far walk from POFQ but due to a previous illness my mom is a slower walker and may not want to walk to POR and back to avoid getting too tired at the parks.

Would walking around POFQ be as enjoyable as POR? Are there shady walkways and places to sit at POFQ? Is the walk to POR shady or will it be in the direct sun? Since POFQ is smaller I didn't expect rooms to be available there as opposed to POR. Should I continue calling and hope that there will be 2 standard rooms available at POR or just hope POFQ will work out? Thanks for the advice and help.

Yes, but it's not a massive torrent sort of flow, just enough to help you slide down it. You can't go down the slide with him anyway, but you can wait at the bottom for him.

Andre

the best idea is to go down just in front of him, so you are there when he gets down, and you know there is no one between you.

I don't know how many times I have run into parents waiting right at the bottom of the slide for their child, not realizing there are older kids and adults in the line, also, using the slide.

or, if you are waiting at the bottom, make SURE to stand off to the side.

princess Michele:
since your mom is now a slowere walker, I think POFQ would be great for her. if you look at a map there are kinda 2 sides to FQ the area on the DTD side of the pool/food court, and the area on the POR side.

so depending which side you are on, she could walk all the way to the other side and back. there are places to sit in the gardens, and along the river.

ok, no shade along the river, but she could walk along the river first in the early morning, and come back through the cobblestone streets. there are benches between bldg 4 and 7 by a courtyard, benches along that huge field between bldgs 6 and 5, benches betwee bldgs 2 and 1., all over.

and the cobblestone streets are so cozy looking.

My family is planning to have our first stay at POFQ May 30-June 5, 2014. We have previously stayed at CSR and loved it, but we are hoping to have a different Disney experience on this trip. Is there a thread that has lots of POFQ pictures? We are excited! :banana:

My family is planning to have our first stay at POFQ May 30-June 5, 2014. We have previously stayed at CSR and loved it, but we are hoping to have a different Disney experience on this trip. Is there a thread that has lots of POFQ pictures? We are excited! :banana:

There are a ton of photos at Andre's site, along with great info on POFQ and POR.

Portorleans.org and allears.net

Just made a reservation for a quick overnight stay in December at POFQ. We usually stay at POR but no preferred rooms left there for our time frame, so we're trying the FQ. Can't wait. We've walked through it & taken the carriage ride through it. Booked GV & asked for building 4.

I'm sorry for the long post but I am looking for some advice in planning my trip.

We are going on a Disney cruise in July 2014. Since they are still offering discounted rooms & tickets to the military we decided to add on a few days at WDW. We stayed at POR on our last tip Thanksgiving 2012 and wanted to stay there again on this trip but they don't have any standard rooms available at the military rate when we will be there. I was able to get 2 standard rooms at POFQ.

We are not morning people and are planning to visit the parks later in the day and stay until closing and let the kids sleep in. I really wanted POR since my mom would enjoy walking around the resort in the mornings while the kids sleep. I know POR is not a far walk from POFQ but due to a previous illness my mom is a slower walker and may not want to walk to POR and back to avoid getting too tired at the parks.

Would walking around POFQ be as enjoyable as POR? Are there shady walkways and places to sit at POFQ? Is the walk to POR shady or will it be in the direct sun? Since POFQ is smaller I didn't expect rooms to be available there as opposed to POR. Should I continue calling and hope that there will be 2 standard rooms available at POR or just hope POFQ will work out? Thanks for the advice and help.

FQ has some gorgeous walking paths, and I find it very enjoyable to walk at FQ. It's very shady most of the day and there are lots of benches. It's is one of my favorite things to do - especially in the early morning hours before the resort wakes. I also have some photos that Andre posted on his site from one of my early morning strolls... Photos

I have a feeling that you will enjoy FQ just as much - or more than POR... And don't forget to try the beignets while you are there. Mmmmm.....

D~

Question: I know that it's been said that during the pool construction in early 24, people are going to be allowed to swim in the POR pool.

Is that an option when there isn't construction as well? Do the two resorts allow people to use both pools?

Part of my fitness program involves swimming, and it would be kind of fun to use both pools, if it's an option. We're staying at POFQ in December.

Question: I know that it's been said that during the pool construction in early 24, people are going to be allowed to swim in the POR pool.

Is that an option when there isn't construction as well? Do the two resorts allow people to use both pools?

Part of my fitness program involves swimming, and it would be kind of fun to use both pools, if it's an option. We're staying at POFQ in December.

Yes, POR and POFQ are considered "sister" resorts so guests of one can use the pool(s) of the other.

I know POFQ and POR share pools, but my question is do they also share beverage machines? Meaning, can I use my refillable mug at both locations?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter