Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at the French Quarter November 14th trough the 21st. We have stayed at Riverside before, but never FQ. Our room reservation is river view but I did not make any specific requests on the original reservation. In researching the resort, it looks like everything is pretty much close to the main building and I have read that a lot of people feel like there is no "bad" location. So, is there any reason to make a specific building request for river view rooms?

Thanks,

So, is there any reason to make a specific building request for river view rooms?

Not really. We like Bldg 5 because it is a little closer to the laundry, pool, food court and bus stop... but honestly all buildings are just a couple minutes away from all of the amenities. You may have a floor preference and I've read the corner rooms are nice because they have 2 windows and "feel" a little bigger.

Not really. We like Bldg 5 because it is a little closer to the laundry, pool, food court and bus stop... but honestly all buildings are just a couple minutes away from all of the amenities. You may have a floor preference and I've read the corner rooms are nice because they have 2 windows and "feel" a little bigger.

Thanks. All the buildings have elevators, right? Would a higher room offer a better view? And if I make request, should call central reservations now or contact the resort prior to check in?

All the buildings have elevators. And I'm one of those who has decided there's no bad location. 2 and 5 are more centrally located; River View bldg 2 is closest to the boat dock, 7 is closest to POR if you want to walk over there, 5 is the River View closest to the food court/bus stops. Since you don't have a balcony (just the walkway outside your room), I'm not sure I'd be too concerned about the view, but yes, I'd think the top floor would have a better view.

Any requests I've made, I've made when I called to make the original room reservation. I think Online checkin gives you the option to request top floor, but not sure.

Any requests I've made, I've made when I called to make the original room reservation. I think Online checkin gives you the option to request top floor, but not sure.

Is it still possible to make building requests by fax? I did the online check in.

Thanks!

Is it still possible to make building requests by fax? I did the online check in.

Thanks!
I faxed in my requests for my last trip in January and got my requests for a specific building and floor. I also did online check in to request a "top floor".

Fax fax fax. Pixie Dust occurs. Our pool view turned into a pool view preferred last summer. Five days before.

Fax fax fax. Pixie Dust occurs. Our pool view turned into a pool view preferred last summer. Five days before.

What is a "pool view preferred?"

I did fax last year and asked for something on an upper floor, near transportation. I had booked a standard room and ended up with a garden view.

A room with a view of the pool in one of the preferred buildings. Which I'm assuming was over at POR as POFQ doesn't have preferred buildings.

I assume they meant a pool view room in building 18 at POR, which is one of the four buildings where most of the rooms are sold as "Preferred Location". There are no Preferred Location options at POFQ, it doesn't really need them.

Andre

Good to know. I just made the request for an upper room. Kind of hoping for building five ...corner room? ...but I think I will be fine with anything. We have a pool view.

Never have stayed there. Looking forward to it. I have stayed at riverside.

do the corner rooms just "feel" bigger or are they really bigger?

Looking forward to our stay in 66 days! woo hoo! the last time we stayed in that area it was Dixie Landings! tells you how long it's been right? Since it's just my husband and I we are looking forward to a relatively peaceful place to stay but I like having the option to walk over to riverside.

I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, but it has been my experience that if you book a specific view that is what is put into the system for you and what you will get. The rooms are selected by a room assigner before you ever arrive. If, for some reason, they were unable to accommodate your pool view I would expect that you would be upgraded, not downgraded.
My TA told me that if we didn't get the room we requested that we should see if it will be available later on in our trip...we will be there for 10 days. I asked for specific rooms about 8 months ago so I hope my chances are at least good on that...if not, we'll just have to wait and see. If you book specific rooms and do an on line check in...how do you know if you get those rooms?

We are going to do something different! we are going to buy a small micro wave and leave it in the room! I hope they don't mind! what do you all think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter