Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We have our third trip to POFQ booked for August (Free Dining bounce back--YAY!!!). We've stayed at Sports, Movies, and Pop in the past. Our family had talked about staying in a different place each trip and making our way around. Then we found POFQ. Now no one wants to stay anywhere else! I keep having this argument with myself. We SHOULD try other places. But what if they're not as good as POFQ? But we might like them too. But we might be disappointed. And it goes on and on and on... My DH and sons would stay in the same place, do the same things, eat the same food, etc., etc. on every single trip. They're creatures of habit. I like to change things up.

How many of you have tried other places and keep coming back to POFQ? How many found POFQ and never went anywhere else? Should we stay or should we go? (Bonus points if you remember that song!)

They have set up covered tents, no sides, with some benches in the parking lot. It works pretty good. They even have it landscaped a little. Not a far walk.

I will ask today how long the renovations are expected to take. Off to the Studios today. Weather has been warm but moistly cloudy with some rain everyday.

I will ask today how long the renovations are expected to take.

Thanks, could you see if they'll tell you what they are doing? (and are they adding a wait-time screen while they are at it?)

Also, if you get a chance to check, could you let us know what's currently happening with evening entertainment at Scat Cat's now that Tom Casey is no longer a regular there.

Enjoy the Studios.

Andre

I was told 4 weeks for the renovation. They are replacing the concrete. They said they didn't know if they were getting the screens with the bus times on them. I will try and get lounge entertainment info later.

Home now, sorry I never got back to you. The bus stop renovation was not noisy while we were there, but then we were in the parks most of the day. And, unfortunately, I don't have any more info on the entertainment at Scat Cat's. We got back late and I could see different entertainers there but I don't know the specifics. It was a quick and wonderful 4 days for us, overall I loved the resort but my heart still belongs to Riverside:love:

Home now, sorry I never got back to you. The bus stop renovation was not noisy while we were there, but then we were in the parks most of the day. And, unfortunately, I don't have any more info on the entertainment at Scat Cat's. We got back late and I could see different entertainers there but I don't know the specifics. It was a quick and wonderful 4 days for us, overall I loved the resort but my heart still belongs to Riverside:love:

Did you do online check in? Wanted to hear about your experience if so.

We did do online check-in. At that time I requested second floor and a corner room, we had booked garden view. I did not send any faxes. I also wasn't interested in direct to room since 2 of the people I was with had to change their credit card info and would have to go to the front desk anyway. However, about 2 min after we checked in at Magical Express at the airport I received a text with our room number. ( we landed around 2pm) So we went right to our room. It was perfect! 2nd floor, corner room in building 5. The courtyard where they show the movies was right in front of us. Food court right around the corner. I couldn't have picked it myself any better. I miss it already!:sad:

We did do online check-in. At that time I requested second floor and a corner room, we had booked garden view. I did not send any faxes. I also wasn't interested in direct to room since 2 of the people I was with had to change their credit card info and would have to go to the front desk anyway. However, about 2 min after we checked in at Magical Express at the airport I received a text with our room number. ( we landed around 2pm) So we went right to our room. It was perfect! 2nd floor, corner room in building 5. The courtyard where they show the movies was right in front of us. Food court right around the corner. I couldn't have picked it myself any better. I miss it already!:sad:
Glad to hear you got a perfect location! I made a request of ground floor and close to transportation so I'm curious to see where we end up. 31 days and counting!

My family checks in for our first stay at POFQ next Saturday. I apologize if this has already been asked but are there box fans that may be used on a first come first serve basis at this hotel?

My family checks in for our first stay at POFQ next Saturday. I apologize if this has already been asked but are there box fans that may be used on a first come first serve basis at this hotel?

Our last stay at POFQ we asked and were told that because there are ceiling fans in the rooms they do not offer box fans. We have always gotten them at resorts that don't have ceiling fans. I don't know if that has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter