Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. I have my ticker on the DIS but in my 'real' life have told nobody. This is attempt no. 25 at least :rotfl: I had to do it far out from my trip because being at WDW has always been my downfall so I need the habit to be well gone. You will see from the ticker though that I have now saved nearly enough to pay for our tandem parasailing on Bay Lake :goodvibes Running and the stepping machine have become my new addiction. Your encouragement means a lot. You must have known. it's been a rough day :flower3:

Apologies to all for using this as a therapy board lol

No apologies needed, at least from me! :thumbsup2I, too, noticed your ticker and wanted to say, great work! Keep it up! :cool1:I have never smoked myself, probably because my grandparents did a lot and I just remember the awful smell their clothes and house had. So it turned me off. But I can still recognize how hard it must be each and every day to continue to make the effort to be smoke free. So, I just wanted to say, I think the ticker is a wonderful tool to use. When you get the urge, try coming to the DIS and racking up some posts here and there to just see that ticker increase!

I think you have inspired me to work harder on my exercise plan.

And now back the regular scheduled program or being excited about PORFQ and all our plans for a great time at WDW.

In that frame of mind, how long or far would I have to run do you think to burn off the calories of a beignet (did I spell that right?)

All I can say is ugh!!! So not what I want to hear :(

We didn't find the sheets scratchy or beds uncomfortable. I think bed comfort is very subjective. Some like an extra firm mattress, some like soft, and any level in between.

Still a good day to go, and you'll have the International Dragon Boat Festival to enjoy there too (which is why the river ferries won't be running, don't want to run into the race boats on the lake!). See http://www.gwndragonboat.com/Default.asp?id=19&l=1 for details. The ferries will be running again in the evening on the 19th to get you back to Port Orleans.

Andre

Wow Andre, I had no idea wdw hosts dragon boat festivals!! Is this a first, or a yearly event? That would be so much fun! I used to paddle on a team. Still do, but it's an outrigger team now!

Wow Andre, I had no idea wdw hosts dragon boat festivals!! Is this a first, or a yearly event? That would be so much fun! I used to paddle on a team. Still do, but it's an outrigger team now!

Not sure if it's Annual at Downtown Disney, but it's certainly quite regular. Just got an update that the ferries for Port Orleans will be less impacted than the other resorts - normal POR/POFQ/DTD ferry service will be running every day except the main day of the races (19 Oct) which will have no service until 5:30pm.

Andre

Not sure if it's Annual at Downtown Disney, but it's certainly quite regular. Just got an update that the ferries for Port Orleans will be less impacted than the other resorts - normal POR/POFQ/DTD ferry service will be running every day except the main day of the races (19 Oct) which will have no service until 5:30pm.

Andre

Andre you wouldn't happen to know when pofq will be Xmas decorating this year.yet? Is it too soon to know that?

Andre you wouldn't happen to know when pofq will be Xmas decorating this year.yet? Is it too soon to know that?

Usually by Thanksgiving the resort decorations seem to be up, not sure if there's a specific timescale though.

Andre

Usually by Thanksgiving the resort decorations seem to be up, not sure if there's a specific timescale though.

Andre

We were told by a resort manager that holiday decorations go up (at all resorts) by the end of the week prior to Thanksgiving...sometimes it could be the beginning of the week of Thanksgiving if it includes an elaborate gingerbread/chocolate display like BC or BWIand of course, GF..but they have their own timetable for that one.. :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me where the Movies on the lawn and the marshmallow roast are located? I'm thinking about my room requests... and am thinking I'd like to be away from the movies.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me where the Movies on the lawn and the marshmallow roast are located? I'm thinking about my room requests... and am thinking I'd like to be away from the movies.

Thanks!

Between buildings 5 and 6

Going back Feb 16 - 21! Can not wait!

I find the Queen beds at POFQ hard, and the King bed just fine. :confused3

This year if the beds seem hard I think I'll call and investigate an egg crate topper. We travel with our own pillows and cases, and I highly recommend that! It's worth the space in my suitcase IMO. I can handle a lot of sleeping surfaces, but a pad pillow... can't do it.

No apologies needed, at least from me! :thumbsup2I, too, noticed your ticker and wanted to say, great work! Keep it up! :cool1:I have never smoked myself, probably because my grandparents did a lot and I just remember the awful smell their clothes and house had. So it turned me off. But I can still recognize how hard it must be each and every day to continue to make the effort to be smoke free. So, I just wanted to say, I think the ticker is a wonderful tool to use. When you get the urge, try coming to the DIS and racking up some posts here and there to just see that ticker increase!

I think you have inspired me to work harder on my exercise plan.

And now back the regular scheduled program or being excited about PORFQ and all our plans for a great time at WDW.

In that frame of mind, how long or far would I have to run do you think to burn off the calories of a beignet (did I spell that right?)

Thank you so much! I suddenly thought about a DIS ticker because I am on here pretty much every day lol

Beignets, I don't really like them :scared1: (I know!) but I figure anything I eat is more than gone with 2 laps round the world showcase :rotfl:

Thank you so much! I suddenly thought about a DIS ticker because I am on here pretty much every day lol

Beignets, I don't really like them :scared1: (I know!) but I figure anything I eat is more than gone with 2 laps round the world showcase :rotfl:

Of course one would have to make it around the world showcase without stopping to get a bite to eat or drink. Hmm??? Thant might be a problem.

I am assuming that running on the sidewalks around PORFQ might be a very pleasant run. Is this acceptable as long as you make room for other people on the walkway? Or is it frowned upon by Disney? If it is acceptable, does anyone know what the distance around the resort would be? Just an estimate is fine.

I haven't been to WDW in November since 2004, so things may have changed, but I stayed at POFQ that year (7th-14th) and decorations were up there. I went over to GF one day to see if the gingerbread house was up - the structure was up, but the gingerbread pieces hadn't been put on yet. When I went back a few days later, it was finished.

I found this post from easyWDW from 2011 showing the house in progress on November 7th:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/cinderellas-holiday-wish-up-close-move-it-shake-it-grand-floridian-gingerbread-house-progress-november-7-walkabout/#more-6030

Of course one would have to make it around the world showcase without stopping to get a bite to eat or drink. Hmm??? Thant might be a problem.

I am assuming that running on the sidewalks around PORFQ might be a very pleasant run. Is this acceptable as long as you make room for other people on the walkway? Or is it frowned upon by Disney? If it is acceptable, does anyone know what the distance around the resort would be? Just an estimate is fine.

I am not sure about running on the sidewalks through the resort - it might be difficult in some spots? However, there is the path between FQ and POR - many, many people use that to run. I believe Andre has the detailed mileage info on his website?

Forgive me if this has been answered already - I am trying to catch up on this thread backwards. :thumbsup2

D~

Everyone runs along the river path

I haven't been to WDW in November since 2004, so things may have changed, but I stayed at POFQ that year (7th-14th) and decorations were up there. I went over to GF one day to see if the gingerbread house was up - the structure was up, but the gingerbread pieces hadn't been put on yet. When I went back a few days later, it was finished.

I found this post from easyWDW from 2011 showing the house in progress on November 7th:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/cinderellas-holiday-wish-up-close-move-it-shake-it-grand-floridian-gingerbread-house-progress-november-7-walkabout/#more-6030

Thanks. We are 9 th- 18. Probably would have seen some go up but with thanksgiving so late this year I'm not sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter