Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Which building would be best to request for my husband and myself that will be quiet and nice view? We have reservations for a King bed and requested top floor.

Why don't you just request a top floor room in a quiet area with a nice view? No need to request a corner room by the way, all King Bed rooms are on corners in FQ. Buildings 1, 6 or 7 might be good choices if you want specific building advice, and you could even ask for a river view if you want.

Andre

Eek! I just booked us for a quick stay over Easter. I didn't talk it over with my DH or anything. I was just looking and saw that POFQ was discounted so I just went for it. I figure we can always cancel. We haven't stayed here in over 6 years so I am excited about coming back.

I didn't mention hearsay at all on this one, it's definitely going to be an interactive water play area. What I said in my news post was "Beginning in early October 2015, work will commence on removing the old children's splash pool at Doubloon Lagoon in order to install a new 'Interactive Water Feature' play area. I'm sure you've seen these popping up at other Disney resorts, and now it'll be French Quarter's turn". I hear from someone who has seen the plans that it should be rather impressive, with wet deck water features and slides, etc, and it will cover a larger area than the current kids' pool.

Andre
My kids are going to be so excited! Heck, I'm super excited!:woohoo:

I can't believe I check in tomorrow!!! I should probably go to bed. I have to be up in 5 hours for my flight.

We had another awesome trip at POFQ. We did run into a small/slight snag while we were there but nothing that we couldn't overcome. :) Our A/C unit had a condenser issue. It flooded about 1/4 of our room so our carpet was under about 1/4 inch of water (on top of the carpet). After 2 trips to the front desk and 3 calls to the maintenance line they came out and replaced the unit, cleaned the floors and discounted us one night off our stay. We didn't ask for anything other than for the A/C unit to be replaced and water to be cleaned up and since we caught it when we first arrived everything was taken care of while we were at the parks.

We enjoyed our trip so much that my DW decided she wanted to get AP's for our next trips (March 2016, Sept. 2016 and Jan. 2017 Dopey Challenge). We booked at POR (I know, I know, the dark side :)) for our March trip and we will be back at POFQ for the Sept. and Jan trips.

Landed in Houston for a short layover and got my text that my room is ready. Building 5, third floor with a view of the courtyard.

We have reservation for a River View. What would be a good bldg to request? Wanted to be close to main bldg and busses but this was only room available with BB discount when we booked.

We have reservation for a River View. What would be a good bldg to request? Wanted to be close to main bldg and busses but this was only room available with BB discount when we booked.

If you want to be close to the main building and the buses, that's what I suggest you request. Trying to second-guess which building might have the best rooms available for your preference might limit the choices a bit.

Andre

We are staying here May 1-7 2016 can't wait. We were going to stay here our 2014 trip but changed to CSR because of free dinning. Doing dinning plan again but refuse to stay at any other resort! It's my dream resort.

I will be at POFQ October 18 - 22. I have an ADR at 8 am for Kona on the 19th. Is the best way to get there stll: the bus to MK and then the monorail?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I will be at POFQ October 18 - 22. I have an ADR at 8 am for Kona on the 19th. Is the best way to get there stll: the bus to MK and then the monorail?
Thank you.

Yes. Can also take a taxi. Sometimes bus will even drop you off right at Poly or Contemporary. IF you get monorail at the Contemporary it's the very first stop.

I didn't mention hearsay at all on this one, it's definitely going to be an interactive water play area. What I said in my news post was "Beginning in early October 2015, work will commence on removing the old children's splash pool at Doubloon Lagoon in order to install a new 'Interactive Water Feature' play area. I'm sure you've seen these popping up at other Disney resorts, and now it'll be French Quarter's turn". I hear from someone who has seen the plans that it should be rather impressive, with wet deck water features and slides, etc, and it will cover a larger area than the current kids' pool.

Andre
Andre, any idea how long the refurb might take on the new interactive kid pool? We are heading down the first week of Feb and would LOVE for it to be done if we get a warm day. Thanks for the heads up as I have not seen anything on the Disney site about this.
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter