• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We currently have a preferred room reservation and we’re looking to downgrade to standard. Just wife and I coming for a quick trip, and looking to use it as a launching pad to get to other places within WDW (after hours parties, etc). Is the location really that appreciable given the cost difference?

We currently have a preferred room reservation and we’re looking to downgrade to standard. Just wife and I coming for a quick trip, and looking to use it as a launching pad to get to other places within WDW (after hours parties, etc). Is the location really that appreciable given the cost difference?
Some people think so, but I don’t.
I prefer the standard rooms at Pop.
The lake view rooms are standard and closest to the skyliner.
Even the standard rooms in the 80’s/90’s are okay if you don’t mind cutting through the parking lot to get to the buses/main building.
Check out the map in post #2 of this thread.

No. We are in standard and just two minutes from the Skyliner or the buses and just steps from the pool. We requested and received a room in the ‘60s and I think it is the perfect location.

We also stay standard snd are very happy. Our preferred locations are 70’s and 60’s standard rooms..

No. We are in standard and just two minutes from the Skyliner or the buses and just steps from the pool. We requested and received a room in the ‘60s and I think it is the perfect location.

I agree. We were on the 4th floor of building 4 (60's section), facing the lake, and close to the elevators. We felt it was the perfect location. Ironically, it was a preferred room when we were pixie dust upgraded to that location. A year or two later it was changed to standard room location. I will definitely request that location again the next time we stay at Pop.

I hope you get a good location. In 2019 our standard room (building 2) was about as far away as possible from everything. We booked preferred this time so at least I know we’ll definitely get a good location.

If you're assigned an area you're not happy with (for us we prefer not to be in buildings 7, 8 or 9 (just personal preference) feel free to ask to be moved if possible. Normally they can, especially if you're willing to wait.

We had building 2 once too and like you, found like it was FAR away!

Does anyone know if Pop sells distilled water for cpap machines, or should we plan a Garden Grocer/food delivery order for that? The only thing we really need is the distilled water (any snacks we’ve had delivered in the past tend to go uneaten), so I’m really hoping I can just buy it at Everything Pop.

Does anyone know if Pop sells distilled water for cpap machines, or should we plan a Garden Grocer/food delivery order for that? The only thing we really need is the distilled water (any snacks we’ve had delivered in the past tend to go uneaten), so I’m really hoping I can just buy it at Everything Pop.
Yes, they carry it at Pop.

I hope you get a good location. In 2019 our standard room (building 2) was about as far away as possible from everything. We booked preferred this time so at least I know we’ll definitely get a good location.

We had building 2 one time as well. When we first checked in we didn't think anything of it -- the distance seemed fine. Then it started raining...and continued to rain for most of our trip. Suddenly we felt like we were a mile away from everything. Next trip we were assigned the exact same rooms in Bldg. 2 and I nicely asked if there was anything else available as we had been in those 2 rooms on our last trip and we were hoping to stay in a different area -- preferably closer to the bus stops and food court. We checked if anything was available in our favorite spot (standard rooms in 60's section) but there weren't any connecting rooms available (we were traveling with 3 kids under 18 and needed connecting rooms). The CM found connecting rooms in Bldg. 9 that were a much better location for us. And ironically, our rooms in Bldg. 2 weren't ready yet when we checked in but the rooms we were assigned in Bldg. 9 were ready and we could start moving our stuff in immediately. It never hurts to ask if there is anything else available if you aren't happy with your initial room assignment. Disney is usually able to move you if you're willing to work with them.

Some people think so, but I don’t.
I prefer the standard rooms at Pop.
The lake view rooms are standard and closest to the skyliner.
Even the standard rooms in the 80’s/90’s are okay if you don’t mind cutting through the parking lot to get to the buses/main building.
Check out the map in post #2 of this thread.
I

I find it so much easier walking along the sidewalk of the parking lot to get to the buses from that area. Beautiful views of the lake also..

I

I find it so much easier walking along the sidewalk of the parking lot to get to the buses from that area. Beautiful views of the lake also..

Definitely nicer and safer to stay on the path. Cutting through the parking lot is just a quicker option to get to the buses/food court (depending on your room location).

Definitely nicer and safer to stay on the path. Cutting through the parking lot is just a quicker option to get to the buses/food court (depending on your room location).
Oh yes. There is definitely a sidewalk that aligns the parking lot that we use, I mean you could cut a few steps out cutting through the actual lot but we used the sidewalk when were in building 90's and worked great.

We arrive at Pop tomorrow 10/23 AM and check out Wednesday AM 10/27. We have about 20 people total in our party, so we will have a pretty large grocery order being delivered. I’m sure we will have stuff left over if anyone can use it. We will also have 2 styrofoam coolers after. Let me know!

I just booked a last minute (well last minute for me) trip to WDW for 11/28-12/3 at POP. We currently have standard pool view but hoping to downgrade to standard cause I’d love to be facing the lake/AOA. I’ve never stayed at POP (or any value resort) but this trip is just a quick mother/daughter trip so I’m excited! I can’t wait to use skyliner to get to EP and HS and I can’t wait to walk around both POP and AOA with my daughter. I think she is going to love all the decor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter