Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the grab and go section of the food court not open currently?
No, there is no access to any of the food areas in the food court at any resort. Only mobile ordering as @married2grumpy shared.

Also what may be worth noting is that there currently are no microwaves or toasters available for guests to use. Might be helpful to know for those ordering grocery deliveries.

This is what pickup currently looks like at the Pop food court. You can see in this picture that the grab and go area is closed to guests as are the individual food stations.

This is how refillable drinks and purchased drinks are currently being handled for those who would previously use the refillable beverage machines.

We purchased a bag of donuts for the room. Very little selection of those types of items which I was surprised by. Maybe they have grocery sections in the moderates and deluxes but not values? DVC resorts usually have a good variety.
At one point in time POP had Coolers in Everything Pop Shop as well as Bread and a few other grocery items,but they were removed several years ago.

Does the PoP gift shop have anything that can serve as an in room breakfast? I'd love to buy a bag of bagels and cream cheese for a quick few days breakfast.
You could always order in groceries if you want that, using a service like Garden Grocer, Amazon PrimeNow or Dizzy Dolphin. Just a suggestion. We always do this.

Looking at 2 rooms at Pop Century. Are the Murphy Beds really big/sturdy enough for grown men? My son's are all in their early 20s, and all over 6'3". It would be two rooms... DH and I in the Queen with one son in the Murphy, and the other room would have one son in the Queen bed and the other in the Murphy. We've stayed at Pop Century before, but with 2 Queen beds in each room.

Thanks!
Katy

Looking at 2 rooms at Pop Century. Are the Murphy Beds really big/sturdy enough for grown men? My son's are all in their early 20s, and all over 6'3". It would be two rooms... DH and I in the Queen with one son in the Murphy, and the other room would have one son in the Queen bed and the other in the Murphy. We've stayed at Pop Century before, but with 2 Queen beds in each room.

Thanks!
Katy
My 2 teenage sons shared the murphy when we went. Both are over 6 feet and one weighs over 200lbs. There was no issues.

I would just use your AP to Park at DHS and then Skyliner over to POP-no worries and a GROOVY way to arrive! :)
Just thought about this- do you know if HS will let us in to park if we don’t have a park reservation that day? (We’ve never had a car at Disney and have always just used resort transportation.)

Just thought about this- do you know if HS will let us in to park if we don’t have a park reservation that day? (We’ve never had a car at Disney and have always just used resort transportation.)
You should be able to. We had moved from Pop to off-property last month but on our departure day with an 8 p.m. flight, we had a lot of time to fill. Decided to try and park at DHS and pay the parking fee to be able to ride the Skyliner and visit several resorts.

No one questioned us at the toll booth about reservations or anything. We got there a couple of hours after the official open time, maybe 11 a.m.?

They don't check theme park reservations at the parking booths. They may say/remind you that you'll need a theme park reservation, but they don't actually check here - it's more of a public service announcement.

Not when I was there 2 weeks ago. We wanted a bottle of soda from the food court instead of refilling our mug. We needed to mobile order it and had to wait 10 minutes for our order window time just to pick it up. Very inconvenient for sure.
Or spend the $4.00 at one of the vending machines near the elevator, which I did a couple of times on my trip a month ago.

We purchased a bag of donuts for the room. Very little selection of those types of items which I was surprised by. Maybe they have grocery sections in the moderates and deluxes but not values? DVC resorts usually have a good variety.
Sometimes there is a little better selection of food over at the AoA gift shop because of the kitchenettes in the suites. I always double check there if I can’t find what I want at Pop.

Sometimes there is a little better selection of food over at the AoA gift shop because of the kitchenettes in the suites. I always double check there if I can’t find what I want at Pop.
Great idea. Also, if you are visiting any of the Moderate or Deluxe resorts, they sometimes have more food options in their stores.

Is anyone there now that minds checking the gift shop? I want to know if they are selling Pop Century resort magnets. I plan on popping over there next week if so.

Is anyone there now that minds checking the gift shop? I want to know if they are selling Pop Century resort magnets. I plan on popping over there next week if so.

I am there and will look today. Might be able to pop in a little after 7. I saw keychains and water bottles (I think?) yesterday. I believe I saw magnets in their little pop display but only glanced. I will let you know.

I am there and will look today. Might be able to pop in a little after 7. I saw keychains and water bottles (I think?) yesterday. I believe I saw magnets in their little pop display but only glanced. I will let you know.
Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter