Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the majority of the rooms have the tub with the sliding doors? Taking toddlers next week and I definitely need a tub. I saw some rooms just have a shower with sliding doors
Yes, majority of rooms have tubs. Approx 66%. You can request to be moved if your room only has a shower. If you must have a tub you may wish to make that your only preference and call Disney with that request at least a week prior to your arrival.

Here is some unofficial info we've gathered:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...shments-tub-or-shower-queens-or-king.3678036/

I have a reservation at Topolino's for 8:45 after the parks close at 7. When's the last time we'll be able to use the Skyliner to get there? We'd be happy to spend time walking around the hotels in that area...

Yep, I’m afraid so. Our night in question is 9/15! The problem isn’t the clothes part, really. It’s the “no hat” part for Topolino’s. Hubby rarely goes without a hat, esp at WDW. I could throw in a comb and hairspray, though ;)
Introduce that man to some dry shampoo! LOL

Spent the past two days 8/26-8/28 here. Just some info I can recall questions being asked about as well as some other things that might be useful to someone! Pool hours are strictly 9-9. I did see them tie dying towels one day while walking to the main hall but never saw or heard of any other activities going on. That's not to say there weren't any happening but we didn't spend much time by the main pool (hippy dippy) as it was always crowded when we were ready to swim, one evening they had even reached capacity and there was a wait to get into the pool. The next night the pool looked much less crowded but they already had a pool closed sign up by 8 and it looked like they weren't letting new people in. We also noticed that there was almost no grocery selection in the gift shop, may not be a big deal to some, we just found it somewhat annoying that both the deluxe and moderate resort gift shops we were in had two liters and various snacks for sale but your only option at pop was to get food and drinks from the dining hall. We were also able to get to Hollywood Studios well before opening by using the skyliner. We did get in line before 8 (we are all early risers and were up anyways) we were the first ones in line. The line was still only to the 50's section around 8:30 or after. I didn't take much notice after that as to how long the line got. The people behind us in line said the day before they got in line at 9:15 and it was backed up to the lobby but the line moved fast once they started loading. We got onto the skyliner around 8:50-8:55 and they merged us into the cbr line at the hub (we did not have to go behind the line formed there although it was not long at all) and we were on the way to hollywood studios from there right at 9:00. So we got into the park with plenty of time to get a boarding group!

Two things I forgot to mention! From what we experienced people waiting in line for skyliner were very gracious about part of your party joining the line later or leaving to grab something and come back, you aren't cutting as long as you don't have a group to big to fit into one lift. Also if using uber eats or another food delivery service (door dash doesnt deliver to pop) put in the notes that you are at Pop Century, the address doesnt take them all the way to the resort

Coming in a week and was looking at the (pretty terrible) menu in mobile ordering at everything pop and noticed refillable mug isn’t listed like I have seen at other resorts in their quick service mobile ordering menu. Is it because Pop now sells them in the connected gift shop?

Coming in a week and was looking at the (pretty terrible) menu in mobile ordering at everything pop and noticed refillable mug isn’t listed like I have seen at other resorts in their quick service mobile ordering menu. Is it because Pop now sells them in the connected gift shop?
I know they do have them in the gift shop.

Does anyone know which Pop resort room buildings might be open or closed since COVID-19 reopening?

Does anyone know which Pop resort room buildings might be open or closed since COVID-19 reopening?
Last we heard the 50’s 60’s and 70’s were open so buildings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10.

We have not been advised that the 80’s and 90’s (buildings 7, 8 and 9) have been reopened.

If anyone has stayed in buildings 7, 8 or 9 since everything reopened, please let us know.

Last we heard the 50’s ’60s and ’70s were open so buildings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10.

We have not been advised that the ’80s and 90’s (buildings 7, 8, and 9) have been reopened.

If anyone has stayed in buildings 7, 8 or 9 since everything reopened, please let us know.

Hi, scrappinginontario.

Thank you for your reply.

And thank you for all of your great Disney Pop Century Resort information.

We have beaches and cream reservations at 820. What time is the skyliner closing each day?

Disney Skyliner hours vary depending on park hours and the weather. Typically, Disney Skyliner begins operating an hour before Disney's Hollywood Studios opens and a half-hour before EPCOT opens. Each Disney Skyliner route continues to operate an hour and a half after the respective park closes. It temporarily pauses for inclement weather and/or high winds.

Today, Beach and Cream hours are 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM. And, today, I don't see any reduced hours when EPCOT hours reduce on the MDE. But they might in the future

Today, EPCOT hours are 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM.

But starting after Labor Day, Tuesday, September 08, 2020, the closing hours are reduced to 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.

So the EPCOT Skyliner should close around 8:30 PM.

I don't know what happens when arriving at the Caribbean Beach Resort Skyliner to Pop after the Skyliner closing time if you took the EPCOT Skyliner's last gondola. I can't see WDW not allowing you to continue back to Pop.

But keep in mind things keep changing and you should arrange backup transportation just in case.

Last edited:
We have beaches and cream reservations at 820. What time is the skyliner closing each day?
@katyringo We have 8:15 res there in 2 weeks and I asked about Skyliner hours and was told they'll run 2 hours past park closing...which will be 7 that day. So until I'm down there and see that it's longer...we're gonna drive over.

Last we heard the 50’s 60’s and 70’s were open so buildings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10.

We have not been advised that the 80’s and 90’s (buildings 7, 8 and 9) have been reopened.

I saw a vlog from My Dislyfe of ours and they were in the 90's a few days ago.

Spent the past two days 8/26-8/28 here. Just some info I can recall questions being asked about as well as some other things that might be useful to someone! Pool hours are strictly 9-9. I did see them tie dying towels one day while walking to the main hall but never saw or heard of any other activities going on. That's not to say there weren't any happening but we didn't spend much time by the main pool (hippy dippy) as it was always crowded when we were ready to swim, one evening they had even reached capacity and there was a wait to get into the pool. The next night the pool looked much less crowded but they already had a pool closed sign up by 8 and it looked like they weren't letting new people in. We also noticed that there was almost no grocery selection in the gift shop, may not be a big deal to some, we just found it somewhat annoying that both the deluxe and moderate resort gift shops we were in had two liters and various snacks for sale but your only option at pop was to get food and drinks from the dining hall. We were also able to get to Hollywood Studios well before opening by using the skyliner. We did get in line before 8 (we are all early risers and were up anyways) we were the first ones in line. The line was still only to the 50's section around 8:30 or after. I didn't take much notice after that as to how long the line got. The people behind us in line said the day before they got in line at 9:15 and it was backed up to the lobby but the line moved fast once they started loading. We got onto the skyliner around 8:50-8:55 and they merged us into the cbr line at the hub (we did not have to go behind the line formed there although it was not long at all) and we were on the way to hollywood studios from there right at 9:00. So we got into the park with plenty of time to get a boarding group!
Are they still doing the movies under the stars at the pool? If so, what did they show?TIA!

Are they still doing the movies under the stars at the pool? If so, what did they show?TIA!

I saw that the movies under the stars was going on a couple weeks ago. I only saw it from afar so I don't know how the distancing works or what movie was playing. I was curious but I was dead tired from the park and just wanted to go to bed.

We didnt participate as the day we were there and showing a movie we had already spent a full day at DHS but there was a sign saying they had movies under the stars every Sunday Tuesday Thursday and Saturday at 8:30.

We didnt participate as the day we were there and showing a movie we had already spent a full day at DHS but there was a sign saying they had movies under the stars every Sunday Tuesday Thursday and Saturday at 8:30.

We saw the sign too, but didn’t see which movies were showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter