• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad they are still doing refillable mugs, although a little sad at all the cup trash. Does anyone know what the current mug designs are? Is there anything new? Are they doing Halloween themed ones this year? I always seem to miss out on the Halloween one. I'll be there in just over 3 weeks and I'm so nervous and excited for the trip.

Magical express isn’t taking luggage, but if you arrive and your room isn’t ready, are you allowed to leave your luggage with bell services so you can go to a park? Same question for checkout day.

Not at Pop Century.

ALL Pools at POP are locked during non-lifeguarded hours.

I believe this has been the case since a little boy drowned.

Just went thru the last 30 or so pages... LOVe all the great info.. Thanks!
My questions:
1) Anyone who needs to order Gluten Free meals at Everything POP.. how do you do that?? there is no category for mobile ordering allergy foods!
2) What is the BWI bus Depot?
3) What is the Skyliner bus service?

Thanks in advance. We go to POP in October and hoping alot of these problems since re-opening are smoothed out a bit. And for those who had to suffer thru the problems... so sorry you had to do that, takes away a bit of pixie dust...

I believe this has been the case since a little boy drowned.
Some speculate that was the "trigger",but that the fencing of all WDW Pools was inevitable at some point.

Looking back now,it is amazing that there was a time that the Pools were not FENCED and 24/7 swimming was common.

It was very routine every July for The 15s to be "enjoying" the Pools at 3:00 AM!lol :)

(And just to expand a little,only the Moderates and Deluxes have "Quite/Leisure Pools".These Pools are SMALL and "tucked away" while all the Value Pools and the "feature Pools" at the Moderates and Deluxes are big Pools and in very "high traffic" areas.)

Last edited:
Have they moved the Pop pick up spots for buses at the parks any closer since so many resorts are closed? It would be so annoying to walk past all the empty resort spots to get to Pop at the very end.

I am not sure how long they have been running the notice, as I just got here yesterday. It was not running when I was here last month. I don’t typically do rope drop anyway, but I did wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Obviously, with the boarding group issue, people are going to want to arrive as early as they can, but at the same time, Disney doesn’t want to have a crowd forming at the studios that they need to separate for social distancing.

The problem right now is that the word on the net is that if you don’t go for the early drop, even if you get a slot on the later drop you might not get to ride. Now, that may or may not be true, as I haven’t heard a lot of feedback from the 2pm crowd as far as whether they got a group but couldn’t ride. But it’s forcing more people to go all at the same time, which is what Disney was trying to avoid by splitting the drop. Even with capacity limits, you can still have issues if 99% of your capacity shows up at the same time. I don’t know what the solution is, really I don’t. I can’t think of any way to deal with a popular ride that doesn’t violate social distancing, unless they allow people with park reservations to join from outside the park, which they have been unwilling to do.

I am not planning on rope drop for my DHS day. My goal is to hit MMRR, and I hear it’s better to wait a couple hours after opening for that anyway. So I will probably hit the Skyliner closer to 10:30 or even 11:00, when things have calmed down. I took it to Epcot today, leaving my room right at 11:00 and the transfer station was empty.
My wife and I got a 2:00 draw and were able to ride, we drew group 69, the ride broke down for a hour and we Got on about 6/6:30.

Anyone had the pizza recently? Im seeing not great food court reviews but nothing on the pizza
I don’t like the pizza as well since it changed from round to rectangular. The sauce is bland and there is too much cheese, which is also bland. There also aren’t as many choices of toppings when ordering a whole pizza. This is not virus related, because they made the topping switch when they changed the pizza format. I had it for the first time in January and I haven’t wanted it since then.

The burgers have been good though.

If the buses are still starting at about an hr before for AK and MK, are people generally lining up beginning around 6:45 for AK and 7:45 for MK?

If the buses are still starting at about an hr before for AK and MK, are people generally lining up beginning around 6:45 for AK and 7:45 for MK?
I can say by 8 for MK the line was filling the turnstiles and halfway back to the door (social distancing of course). We got on a bus about 25 minutes after getting in line around 8 each day.

I don’t like the pizza as well since it changed from round to rectangular. The sauce is bland and there is too much cheese, which is also bland. There also aren’t as many choices of toppings when ordering a whole pizza. This is not virus related, because they made the topping switch when they changed the pizza format. I had it for the first time in January and I haven’t wanted it since then.

The burgers have been good though.
Funny, when I was younger, and more frugal, I would make the trip to DS, walk to the Hess station from the bus stop near Planet Hollywood, and buy a $5 whole pizza, freezy, fruits, cup ramens, to bring back to my room. I even recall once buying a whole pizza and 2 liter of pop and eating the whole thing on a bench... hiding the 2 liter in a nearby bush so that I could do something else at DS and then grabbing the pop to take to my room.

I looked recently out of curiosity, and it appears that the Hess station might be a Speedway now.

I think in the past couple years we upgraded to Blaze pizza.

I can say by 8 for MK the line was filling the turnstiles and halfway back to the door (social distancing of course). We got on a bus about 25 minutes after getting in line around 8 each day.
So if you got in line at 8, and on bus at 8:25 (2nd/3rd bus?), you probably got to MK around 8:40, and guests have been allowed in for the past 25 min. Sounds like Pop guests are lining up pretty early.

So if you got in line at 8, and on bus at 8:25 (2nd/3rd bus?), you probably got to MK around 8:40, and guests have been allowed in for the past 25 min. Sounds like Pop guests are lining up pretty early.
Probably the 5th or 6th bus actually with how few people are on each one. And yeah, we were never the first ones in MK or AK.

I think in the past couple years we upgraded to Blaze pizza.

Blaze pizza is pretty good. I have been known to go over to DS just for their pizza while staying at Pop, especially after they changed pizzas. It doesn’t beat Via Napoli, but I think it’s one of the better on property choices, especially if you don’t want to go into the parks. The Boardwalk used to do a decent pizza at their pizza window, but they changed those and they aren’t quite as good these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter