• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are coming up the ramp but you're already on the platform when you get off skyliner. They do merge the 2 Iines, but it seemed like the Pop people got priority much like fp. I guess maybe they assume we've already waited in line at our resort so getting sent to the back of another resort line wouldn't be quite fair.

thats good to hear. I assumed pop people would have to go to the back of the line.

thats good to hear. I assumed pop people would have to go to the back of the line.

They are coming up the ramp but you're already on the platform when you get off skyliner. They do merge the 2 Iines, but it seemed like the Pop people got priority much like fp. I guess maybe they assume we've already waited in line at our resort so getting sent to the back of another resort line wouldn't be quite fair.

That's surprising, but leaves me a bit hopeful now about the skyliner.

If you’re considering driving from Pop to DHS at opening, just be aware that they have sheriff deputies making people turn around who arrive too early. After 9 was about the time they let us proceed to the booths. 9:11 was the time they began letting cars through to parking. There was a cm with a sign letting us know!

Who would have ever guessed that the motel-style Disney hotels like Pop would become even more desirable during a pandemic because of their outdoor hallways? We are going for a quick trip in September and I feel so much better about staying at a hotel because of this..

Got in Skyliner line at Pop at 835 - line was not even to the end of the first building. Started moving at 845 actually and then stopped for a bit at 9. Got to CBR and had to go to the back of their line - there was some folks who had a different experience earlier but this added another 10 minutes to my wait. Just about to land at HS at 940.

Got in Skyliner line at Pop at 835 - line was not even to the end of the first building. Started moving at 845 actually and then stopped for a bit at 9. Got to CBR and had to go to the back of their line - there was some folks who had a different experience earlier but this added another 10 minutes to my wait. Just about to land at HS at 940.
Well that's frustrating about going to the back of the line! They made you walk all the way down the ramp? That's super weird, cuz we just merged up in the platform - they would stop the CBR line to let us in.

835 is better than the suggested 8 ive been hearing

Has anyone done a ride share to get to HS first thing in the morning. How did it work out time wise verses the skyliner.

Has anyone done a ride share to get to HS first thing in the morning. How did it work out time wise verses the skyliner.

Didn’t do ride share, but we drove each day to DHS. If you arrive too much before 9am, you are greeted by sheriff officers and Disney security who turn you around, and you could get stuck in an even longer car queue.
1st time at dhs since re-opening: arrived around 9:30 and car lines were very long. We did not make it into the park before 10, and all boarding groups were gone.
2nd-left Pop at 9am, we were about 20th in line in one of the car queues. In park with plenty of time to spare, got boarding group 16. At 9:10 they started taking $ or scanning mb.
3rd-left Pop at 8:45am. Sheriff deputies were telling people they couldn’t park at side of road and wait, everyone needed to turn around. By the time we got to the turn around, they had just started allowing cars to drive through their blockade. At 9:10 they started taking $ or scanning magic bands.

We did Lyft on Saturday the 8th, had to split up into two different cars because there are six of us. My car was early and so we had to loop around and I ended up paying the guy doubles. My husband's car got there at just the right time to sit and wait. They let that traffic in about 9:15 and I think we were probably in the park about 9:35 or 9:40. We took the Skyliner on Wednesday the 12th, got in line at about 8:15. We were in Hollywood Studios by about 9:20. The Skyliner was free and much less stressful. I thought it would be more stressful but I would definitely do that over a rideshare.

Howdy!

A few months ago I found a website that would post PDF version of the resort's program. Does anyone know where I could find that again? An official source would be theist obviously...

Howdy!

A few months ago I found a website that would post PDF version of the resort's program. Does anyone know where I could find that again? An official source would be theist obviously...
Orlando Park News used to post them but their page is currently blank: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/recreational-calendars.html and gives outdated information that, 'All Disney Resorts Are Currently Closed Until Further Notice.'

I'm not aware of any other places that used to post them but possibly others here know if there is such a place?

835 is better than the suggested 8 ive been hearing
They have been running a notice on the resort tv channel not to go the Pop Skyliner station any earlier than one hour prior to park opening, which would mean going at 9 or later for DHS and 10 or later for Epcot. I don’t have a DHS day until next week, so I haven’t seen the pre-opening line. I don’t know if it’s because of an issue at the Pop station with capacity, or if it’s an issue at the transfer station. But the notice is running at the bottom of the screen all the time.

They have been running a notice on the resort tv channel not to go the Pop Skyliner station any earlier than one hour prior to park opening, which would mean going at 9 or later for DHS and 10 or later for Epcot. I don’t have a DHS day until next week, so I haven’t seen the pre-opening line. I don’t know if it’s because of an issue at the Pop station with capacity, or if it’s an issue at the transfer station. But the notice is running at the bottom of the screen all the time.
If you wait until 9 you probably won't be in HS by 10. We lined up at 815 and weren't the first ones; it starts running at 845.

If you wait until 9 you probably won't be in HS by 10. We lined up at 815 and weren't the first ones; it starts running at 845.

I was planning on 8 at the latest. If they don't want people lining up early then they should do away with having to be inside the park to get a boarding pass by 10. It's putting a lot of pressure on people to get there early.

I am not sure how long they have been running the notice, as I just got here yesterday. It was not running when I was here last month. I don’t typically do rope drop anyway, but I did wonder what the reasoning is behind it. Obviously, with the boarding group issue, people are going to want to arrive as early as they can, but at the same time, Disney doesn’t want to have a crowd forming at the studios that they need to separate for social distancing.

The problem right now is that the word on the net is that if you don’t go for the early drop, even if you get a slot on the later drop you might not get to ride. Now, that may or may not be true, as I haven’t heard a lot of feedback from the 2pm crowd as far as whether they got a group but couldn’t ride. But it’s forcing more people to go all at the same time, which is what Disney was trying to avoid by splitting the drop. Even with capacity limits, you can still have issues if 99% of your capacity shows up at the same time. I don’t know what the solution is, really I don’t. I can’t think of any way to deal with a popular ride that doesn’t violate social distancing, unless they allow people with park reservations to join from outside the park, which they have been unwilling to do.

I am not planning on rope drop for my DHS day. My goal is to hit MMRR, and I hear it’s better to wait a couple hours after opening for that anyway. So I will probably hit the Skyliner closer to 10:30 or even 11:00, when things have calmed down. I took it to Epcot today, leaving my room right at 11:00 and the transfer station was empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter