Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right! I just don't know what to think of all these changes.

This is the only entrance, at this time, for both shopping and dining and not an exit.

Once entering a cast member asked if shopping or dining.

All other doors are designated in the shopping and dining are exits only and not an entrance.

Probably a longer wait than most would imagine after mobile ordering.

Once you receive your MDE app food order is ready, show the cast member and they will let you pass into the dining area.

Those numbers at the tables are for your food pickup that you go stand.

Disney’s Newly-Reopened Pop Century Resort Long Lines, Mobile Order Only, and Temporary Drink Refill System in Everything POP Shopping & Dining - PHOTOS - July 27, 2020
I would think if your mobile order is ready, you can break out of that line to go up to the door to ask to pick it up? There could be people in line in front of you with orders that were ordered later, after all.
Was your experience that the orders at pop for dinner especially around 730-830 to be long after the parks? If so, maybe better to just spend a little Park time and eat at the park.

Does anyone know if the "Grab & Go" section is open at the pop food court, on our first day we usually grab enough yogurts for the week.

So I am assuming no one knows the answer to this question. Is the long line due to people's order being ready and it is this busy to pick it up or are people just hanging around the lobby area waiting to pick up their order. I guess I will find out when I arrive.
I agree...I'm still confused.

I'm really not sure what information you are looking for that is different from what has been provided. Please see the bolded information below.
They're asking about the process and what the line in the picture is for. That seemed pretty clear in the question asked. The information that you bolded was not clear in the answering of that question (not sure what you bolded was even directed to the question of the pp) to me either. - If you don't know the answer that's fine, but it's a valid question.

Using the previous pic as an example...once your order is "ready," do you just bypass that line of ppl. to "checkin" with the cast member and pick up your order immediately...or do you then have to go wait in that line.

Also, what if you just want to refill your mug (I know a cm does it) but you obviously wouldn't have an order. so can you just tell them you're there to refill and go right in???

They're asking about the process and what the line in the picture is for. That seemed pretty clear in the question asked. The information that you bolded was not clear in the answering of that question (not sure what you bolded was even directed to the question of the pp) to me either. - If you don't know the answer that's fine, but it's a valid question.

Using the previous pic as an example...once your order is "ready," do you just bypass that line of ppl. to "checkin" with the cast member and pick up your order immediately...or do you then have to go wait in that line.

Also, what if you just want to refill your mug (I know a cm does it) but you obviously wouldn't have an order. so can you just tell them you're there to refill and go right in???
In my experience, once I was notified my order was ready, I did bypass the line. There isn't a lot of room to wait in the lobby and stay distanced, so perhaps not everyone was actually standing in a single file line there, who knows. This is a new process for everybody, and once there, everyone will figure things out. I feel like comments have gotten snarky about a line, which I don't understand. It will be ok. :) I did not do refills but like you suggested, I would have gone up to the cast member 'gatekeeping' and let them know I only needed a refill. They will probably direct you to the second cast member inside who is helping direct people who have their orders ready to the correct pick up point. There are circles stickers on the floor so if there is a lot of ready for pick up traffic, you will wait in a line inside to pick up your food.

In my experience, once I was notified my order was ready, I did bypass the line. There isn't a lot of room to wait in the lobby and stay distanced, so perhaps not everyone was actually standing in a single file line there, who knows. This is a new process for everybody, and once there, everyone will figure things out. I feel like comments have gotten snarky about a line, which I don't understand. It will be ok. :) I did not do refills but like you suggested, I would have gone up to the cast member 'gatekeeping' and let them know I only needed a refill. They will probably direct you to the second cast member inside who is helping direct people who have their orders ready to the correct pick up point. There are circles stickers on the floor so if there is a lot of ready for pick up traffic, you will wait in a line inside to pick up your food.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you...I think that's what ppl. weren't sure of. Your experience is greatly appreciated:)

That one person that two of us quoted said something about when you get notified your order is ready, you bring that notification to the CM staffing the entrance, tell them your order is ready, and get directed where/how to pick it up - but not when, because that would be then because it's ready :D

Does anyone know if the "Grab & Go" section is open at the pop food court, on our first day we usually grab enough yogurts for the week.

No, the "Grab & Go" section isn't. There is a white wall blocking the entrance to that area. But I think you can moble order yogurt. There is one listing in the MDE app for Pop for a "Dannon Oikos Blueberry Greek Nonfat Yogurt.

Disney’s Newly-Reopened Pop Century Resort Long Lines, Mobile Order Only, and Temporary Drink Refill System in Everything POP Shopping & Dining - PHOTOS - July 27, 2020

Last edited:
No, the "Grab & Go" section isn't. There is a white wall blocking the entrance to that area. But I think you can moble order yogurt. There is one listing in the MDE app for Pop for a "Dannon Oikos Blueberry Greek Nonfat Yogurt.

View attachment 514466

I’m not sure this was ever answered but was the microwaves and toasters available, or can you not go inside cafeteria without a mobile order.

Also curious, I couldn't see in the pictures if they have the Gold Peak iced tea along with the fountain drinks? Do you buy the refillable mugs in the gift shop?

I’m not sure this was ever answered but was the microwaves and toasters available, or can you not go inside cafeteria without a mobile order.

The microwaves and toasters and store type pancake syrup bottles removed leaving only individual condiment packets. You have to show MDE app mobile order for now and like the WDW park restaurants, many menus have been reduced.

Is there still a coffee maker in the room? I know they were added during the renovation, but thought I read/heard they were removed for the reopening. Trying to figure out if I need to bring an electric kettle and some instant coffee.

As someone who likes to get water before heading to the parks (putting in my water bottle) or at the end of day to use in coffee maker the next morning, I'm assuming that is not possible without making an order, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter