• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked 2 rooms with free dining for the same price and dates! There were only few weeks that work with my brothers family schedule without any conflicts this summer and was one of them, so figured free dining savings were probably worth paying rack rate. Won’t know for another week or two, but still I very slight chance we might need to change it to late June. He really liked the idea of free dining, so I convinced him to lock in the free dining NOW, since we can always chance the dates later if we needed to. Does that make sense?
Yes makes total sense! I am not locked into these dates either. If another dining promo opens up with better availability come April (or whenever), I may change things around. If you can get a better rate for your room that is more than what the QS plan is for you, totally jump on it. Your brother can definitely purchase food for you with his credits (child credits can only be used for child meals, now though).
In general, July would be a tad bit more rainy than June. Peak Hurricane season is mid-late August, so the closer you get to that time, expect more rain (all Summer is bad, though).

I am very excited about the Skyliner (not excited that I have to fold a double stroller though.
No! I think you can roll it right on, fully loaded with children.
As @jessiegirl1982 thought, all double strollers must be folded prior to boarding the Skyliner.
Pretty sure I saw a sign at the CBR station along the lines of « all large/double strollers are to be folded » 2 days ago. Saw several families with double strollers boarding over 3 days. All folded the stroller.

As @jessiegirl1982 thought, all double strollers must be folded prior to boarding the Skyliner.
Boo! Hoping it had changed. I have a feeling with the ease of access to Epcot/HS with the Skyliner, we will have more shorter trips so we can just take the single small stroller for my toddler and have my son walk.

What is the 15s? Sounds ominous! I just booked Free Dining and am worried about the heat and crowds.

They‘re large groups of 15ish year old girls, mostly from South America, who come to celebrate there quinceañera (Sweet 16) at Disney World. Think someone posted a picture of a group of them with there matching shirts and backpacks a few pages back.

(Pssst! @mikegood2! Over here! I think it's Sweet 15 - quince is 15i :))

I guess my 2 years of High School French didn’t come in to handy, but even that shoulda helped. :rotfl:

In my defense I actually knew it was 15 :teacher:, but when I looked up 15s, so I didn’t misspell quinceañera It mentioned that it was “equivalent of a sweet 16 in the U.S. or a bar/bat mitzvah for Jewish kids” and I guess just shortened things a little farther than I shoulda. :rotfl:

@kaytieeldr Just remember, next time you read a long winded post of mine and think to your self, will this guy ever shut up, your to blame! :thumbsup2

Hopefully something changes. I had to change from a preferred room to a standard room to get the free dining, but I saved $900 which was a huge savings.
Last year I couldn’t get Free Dining with a preferred pool view even though I had seen online that other people did but this year my travel agent was able to get it with all 3 of our preferred pool view rooms. Not sure how some get it but others don’t.

Last year I couldn’t get Free Dining with a preferred pool view even though I had seen online that other people did but this year my travel agent was able to get it with all 3 of our preferred pool view rooms. Not sure how some get it but others don’t.
Each offer the inventory of rooms is different based on what has sold and what has not. Depending on what time your TA got through compared to others may have made the difference. Also, just shifting a vacation by 1 day can make the difference as well as length of stay. There are so many variables that can change availability.

Preferred pool view rooms are the smallest category of rooms that Pop has to offer so there is less flexibility. Out of Pop’s almost 3000 rooms, only 96 are Preferred Pool View rooms so that greatly reduces the availability from the start.

Each offer the inventory of rooms is different based on what has sold and what has not. Depending on what time your TA got through compared to others may have made the difference. Also, just shifting a vacation by 1 day can make the difference as well as length of stay. There are so many variables that can change availability.

Preferred pool view rooms are the smallest category of rooms that Pop has to offer so there is less flexibility. Out of Pop’s almost 3000 rooms, only 96 are Preferred Pool View rooms so that greatly reduces the availability from the start.
when my TA booked us at POP last fall under the Gift of Magic promo she mentioned later that the available rooms types kept changing all day as she tried to secure 2 rooms for us. Ended up with a split stay for both rooms, and we did have to move from Standard to Standard Pool View. for awhile there were not rooms at POP at all.

when my TA booked us at POP last fall under the Gift of Magic promo she mentioned later that the available rooms types kept changing all day as she tried to secure 2 rooms for us. Ended up with a split stay for both rooms, and we did have to move from Standard to Standard Pool View. for awhile there were not rooms at POP at all.
I can't imagine how difficult it is for TA's who are trying to secure more than one room at a time. As people update and change their carts the inventory fluctuates by the second!

Even though there is a max capacity of 4 people in a room at Pop, I wish there was a way to look for 2 rooms at the same time, online. I book trips often for family and friends and it's a challenge to see actual availability for more than 1 room. I normally end up opening 2 browsers at the same time (using 2 different search engines - i.e. IE and Chrome) and try searching that way.

Pop is extremely popular these days and often runs at full capacity. I tried to book just 1 night in Jan and could not find a single room from Jan - early March at any room category, and this was way back in October! Booking early is the key for securing a Pop reservation for sure!

I can't imagine how difficult it is for TA's who are trying to secure more than one room at a time. As people update and change their carts the inventory fluctuates by the second!

Even though there is a max capacity of 4 people in a room at Pop, I wish there was a way to look for 2 rooms at the same time, online. I book trips often for family and friends and it's a challenge to see actual availability for more than 1 room. I normally end up opening 2 browsers at the same time (using 2 different search engines - i.e. IE and Chrome) and try searching that way.

Pop is extremely popular these days and often runs at full capacity. I tried to book just 1 night in Jan and could not find a single room from Jan - early March at any room category, and this was way back in October! Booking early is the key for securing a Pop reservation for sure!
and the day the discount dropped I had to work so no way I could have spent hours trying to get the discount. TA sent me the confirmations the next day at 2AM
we have never stayed at POP and my 2 DGDs are so excited to stay there and ride the Skyliner.

Last edited:
and the day the discount dropped I had to work so no way I could have spent hours trying to get the discount. TA sent me the confirmations the next day at 2AM
we have never stayed at POP and my 2 DGDs are so excited to stay there and ride the Skyliner.
We love Pop!!! 30+ stays there and counting! Hope you and your DGDs enjoy it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter