Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I should plan to pack both my winter coat and light jacket? I'll be there January 12-17. This is my first time going in January.

As well as T shirts and shorts! :)

You may need all of it!

This might not seem like great advice, but as someone who has been down for Marathon weekend, I can attest to the fact that it actually is. Just looking at my MM photos from early January 2018 is a perfect representation of it. Our first day there I was legitimately wearing my winter coat (from PA) and hat and by the photos from 3 days later, I was in shorts and a T-shirt.

As well as T shirts and shorts! :)

You may need all of it!

Thanks! I was already bringing T shirts....I will plan to throw some capris in too. I was able to layer up at home in November 2018 when I went to WDW and leave the winter coat in Cleveland. I was hoping I might be able to do the same this time, but I'm not sure if that is a great idea in January!

So I should plan to pack both my winter coat and light jacket? I'll be there January 12-17. This is my first time going in January.
We were there in the record cold of 2010. I had my winter coat along but never could bring myself to wear it. I did dress in many layers, including thermal underwear, several tops and a couple of heavy hoodies.

We'll be there 1/6 to 1/15. I'm bringing scarves, gloves, hand warmers, jeans, shorts, hand warmers and hats. But I'm probably not bringing a winter coat.

With the pool bar closing for January, does anyone have info on if any additional alcoholic drinks options will be added at Pop during construction?

I know there are a few bottled and canned alcoholic beverages at the food court, but those don’t hold much appeal.

With the pool bar closing for January, does anyone have info on if any additional alcoholic drinks options will be added at Pop during construction?

I know there are a few bottled and canned alcoholic beverages at the food court, but those don’t hold much appeal.
There will be a temporary Bar-most likely in Everything Pop.

(And The Drop Off Pool Bar at AoA is a quick walk across Generation Gap Bridge.)

Hi all. I’m staying at Pop soon for Marathon weekend. It’s my first visit to WDW and thus my first stay at Pop. My first day there I have reservations at Ohana for dinner. I will not be in the parks on this day. How do I get from Pop to Poly? And how much time should I allow for traveling there? Thank you!

Hi all. I’m staying at Pop soon for Marathon weekend. It’s my first visit to WDW and thus my first stay at Pop. My first day there I have reservations at Ohana for dinner. I will not be in the parks on this day. How do I get from Pop to Poly? And how much time should I allow for traveling there? Thank you!

quickest would be Lyft or Uber, maybe 20 minutes or so . Could get bus to MK then Take resort boat or monorail, would figure at least an hour for wait time if you miss any of the connections.

hello-

I have a question.....

I have a reservation for pop and I was trying to add an additional day on to the reservation however, when I called there is no availability. When I put the date in online there is availability. If I book a room only reservation online can this be merged into my current package so we can have access to our tickets a day early? any suggestions would be great. thank you.

would figure at least an hour for wait time if you miss any of the connections
Disney suggests 90 minutes, especially when connecting transportation.
If I book a room only reservation online can this be merged into my current package so we can have access to our tickets a day early?
No. You can reserve the room in the same category, then call Disney and have them note it's a continuing reservation. Remind the resort when you check in.

See the Tickets thread pinned under Theme Parks Advice & Strategies for whether you can access tickets before your package starts.

Bus to MK then monorail It boat to the Poky. As long as you have enough time (agree with the recommended 90 mins) you won’t need to pay additional fir transportation. We’ve been to Disney more than 30 times snd I’ve only paid for transportation once. It’s just not how I choose to spend our Disney money.

Disney Skyliner to Hollywood Studios from Pop Century----15 minutes

Wait for Polynesian bus at Hollywood Studios----0-20 minutes

Travel time from Hollywood Studios to Polynesian----15 minutes :)

(If you do the Bus to Magic Kingdom route,you will have to go through security at MK before accessing the Monorail or boat.)

Disney Skyliner to Hollywood Studios from Pop Century----15 minutes

Wait for Polynesian bus at Hollywood Studios----0-20 minutes

Travel time from Hollywood Studios to Polynesian----15 minutes :)

(If you do the Bus to Magic Kingdom route,you will have to go through security at MK before accessing the Monorail or boat.)

While you have to go through security at Magic kingdom, you do NOT need to worry about having a ticket. I would personally take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly.I absolutely agree with allowing 90 minutes travel time if using Disney transportation.

I didn't see any buses directly to the monorail resorts when I had a 1900 Park Fare ADR in November 2018 from Studios. I had to take the MK bus and barely made it.

I didn't see any buses directly to the monorail resorts when I had a 1900 Park Fare ADR in November 2018 from Studios. I had to take the MK bus and barely made it.
There is bus service to/ from Hollywood Studios for the Monorail Resorts.

For Epcot,there is no bus service to/from the Monorail Resorts.

Honestly, resort to resort transportation is generally when I spring for Uber. It's just too much hassle otherwise.

Last edited:
I’d take the bus to MK and boat or take the monorail to the Poly as others have said, but I’d leave Pop two hours before your ADR.

You’re going to want to relax, grab a Lapu Lapu or Backscratcher from the Tambu Lounge once you get to the Poly, and explore the place. :)

AAAHH! 😱 we have a lot of money on giftcards on that site! now I'm worried!

Combine the funds on to one card (or more if necessary) and once that's complete remove the information from the website and you'll be fine. The funds will still be attached to the physical cards but won't be on the website where they could be vulnerable. I go one step further and write the $$ amount on the card and then take a picture of it so I have the number just in case the card gets misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter