• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! And yes, it's been quite a summer! From early on in the recovery process she has said she wants to use part of her settlement to take us both on a Disney trip. She is determined! :cloud9: I thought a cruise would be a little easier for her but she really wants to see Epcot and Animal Kingdom. She should be back to her usual form, for the most part, by next spring.

So wonderful that she is recovering so well! You are so right about planning for WDW...it is like planning for a small country :D Setting up apps, looking at touring plans, checking the boards daily, etc...I never spent this much time with DL. The most I had to do was make sure i made my reservations fro blue bayou. It feels so strange to have to plan so little after planning a WDW trip. I think your research will really make the difference for you. My coworker came back from WDW and did not like it...she preferred DL as she did not know she had to plan so much out in advance. Felt badly for her!

Ok, we are seriously down to the crunch....8 days until we depart for our 14 nights @ Pop and 9 days until we arrive!! I'm so freaking excited, I wasn't sure we would be able to make it back since the Canadian dollar is in the toilet lol. It only took almost three years!

Tell me your "must not forget" item. Last time @ POR my must not was a power bar but I don't think outlets will be an issue with all those yummy usb ports in the new rooms at Pop!

My must not forgets are a powerstrip with USB ports, clothes pins to hang swim suits to dry, blister band aids, body glide and a pop up laundry hamper. I use to love the purell laundry sheets with soap/fabric softener all in one but they are no longer available. Wonder if anyone has any other suggestions as those sheets were sooo easy!

My must not forgets are a powerstrip with USB ports, clothes pins to hang swim suits to dry, blister band aids, body glide and a pop up laundry hamper. I use to love the purell laundry sheets with soap/fabric softener all in one but they are no longer available. Wonder if anyone has any other suggestions as those sheets were sooo easy!

Oh they still sell them on Amazon and Ebay....for a price! :) There are several other "no name" brands of laundry sheets available on Amazon and other sites. I've never used them so I don't know how well they work. I haven't done laundry at Disney in years, but I do still take some supplies along with me just in case. I take sample/travel size detergent; Shout color catchers; and dryer sheets. I've also seen people say they put powdered laundry detergent in zip lock bags to take along.

Oh they still sell them on Amazon and Ebay....for a price! :) There are several other "no name" brands of laundry sheets available on Amazon and other sites. I've never used them so I don't know how well they work. I haven't done laundry at Disney in years, but I do still take some supplies along with me just in case. I take sample/travel size detergent; Shout color catchers; and dryer sheets. I've also seen people say they put powdered laundry detergent in zip lock bags to take along.

I pick up the Tide laundry liquid in a disposable bag. Tear it open and pour it in. Super easy and flat to pack.

I have taken the Tide Pods. I put some in a ziplock and toss them in a zippered section on my luggage. Super easy to pack and you know exactly how much laundry you have covered.

76 days! We were just at wdw but for a short weekend. It’ll be nice to go back to pop and try out October for the first time!

27 days for us! Plans were pretty much set until they released of the FEA dessert party dates. Now I am hoping I can move my 'Ohana ADR up or do a different day so we can attend the party. But aside from that small blip we are VERY EXCITED for our first stay at POP.

Last edited:
We just returned from 7 nights at Pop, our first stay there. We were in building 5 room 5113. I requested and received this exact room using touring plans. We had a beautiful lake view that gave me life each morning when I looked out. Very quiet with no problems at all from noise of passers by or anything else. Great to be right next to the path around the lake and the bridge to Art of Animation.
I loved our room. Organization was the best I’ve seen on any hotel room. We had lunch and breakfast items that fit in the fridge and shelving above the fridge. Everything else fit easily into its own spot around the room including our suitcases under the bed. Beds and bedding were comfortable with several pillows for each person. We called and requested housekeeping each morning before we left and our room was always clean when we came back for an afternoon break except our last day. I then called and asked if they could clean it in the next 45 minutes since we were going to swim for a little while. They said yes, and indeed our room was clean when we got back from swimming.
We used the food court a little more than I though we would, eating there three times for supper. Food was fine. I recommend the wood fired pizzas. That’s the standout of the items we tried. Also, we used the toaster each morning for toasting our bagels we brought from home.
Buses were efficient and often we had no wait. The one downside was the packed buses coming back at night from MK. Overall, a wonderful stay and I want to go back!!

We just returned from 7 nights at Pop, our first stay there. We were in building 5 room 5113. I requested and received this exact room using touring plans. We had a beautiful lake view that gave me life each morning when I looked out. Very quiet with no problems at all from noise of passers by or anything else. Great to be right next to the path around the lake and the bridge to Art of Animation.
I loved our room. Organization was the best I’ve seen on any hotel room. We had lunch and breakfast items that fit in the fridge and shelving above the fridge. Everything else fit easily into its own spot around the room including our suitcases under the bed. Beds and bedding were comfortable with several pillows for each person. We called and requested housekeeping each morning before we left and our room was always clean when we came back for an afternoon break except our last day. I then called and asked if they could clean it in the next 45 minutes since we were going to swim for a little while. They said yes, and indeed our room was clean when we got back from swimming.
We used the food court a little more than I though we would, eating there three times for supper. Food was fine. I recommend the wood fired pizzas. That’s the standout of the items we tried. Also, we used the toaster each morning for toasting our bagels we brought from home.
Buses were efficient and often we had no wait. The one downside was the packed buses coming back at night from MK. Overall, a wonderful stay and I want to go back!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your first stay at Pop! May I ask if your room had a tub/shower combo or only a shower? Always gathering data to update the other thread and your room is one we're still waiting to hear about. Thanks!

Oh bummer. It'll be me and my 23 year old daughter and I don't think either of us relish sleeping on the table top bed. Maybe we'll look at Art of Animation instead.

And yes! Disneyland is so much less complicated but we are so eager and excited to see things we haven't seen yet.

Don’t be afraid of the Murphy bed. It is just as comfortable as the standard bed (I have used both, sometimes during the same trip). In fact, on one solo trip, I actually chose the Murphy over the regular bed because I like the light for reading in bed.

I'm actually specifically requesting the rooms with the Murphy beds because they're Queen sized beds and my DW is a restless sleeper, so I like my space :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter