Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
SATG= South American Tour Group
Thanks.

We were there in Jan and although we saw a number of the '15's girls' (sorry, not sure of the name) in our building and the buildings close by, they were nothing but respectful even when sitting in larger groups waiting to go somewhere. Hopefully your experience will be the same.

Don't be afraid to call Guest Services should the need arise.

I have a 15 year old son. He’s A-OK with the 15s being around :love:

We just always stay standard at Pop (and have always gotten a lake View) so I’m just not sure how noisy pool area is at night. I did request top floor, which hopefully will help. And we also travel with a white noise machine so hopefully that will help. But we are typically late to bed and early to ride because we are park people, not resort people :)

Thank you! That's exactly what I am asking just for buildings 5, 6, 9, or 10. Looking to request a good location that would give us the shortest walk to Classic Hall in the mornings for coffee and a from the buses at the end of the day when we're tired.

I understand that standards are the furthest away but I'm sure some are in better locations than others. We booked a BB offer last year and preferred rooms weren't available to book so switching to that category is not an option for us.
We've stayed in several of these, and we only pay for standard view. For walking to the food court and buses, we love buildings 5, 4 first. Short, short, walk to classic hall and buses, and easy to go over to AoA too. The walk from 6 and 10 are also short to classic hall and the buses, just a tad longer. Now 9 on the other hand we did not like the walk to classic hall, seemed very long to us, especially if we went to the food court in the evening after getting off the bus, then going to our room. I was so tired, seemed like forever (but it's not, just seemed long). 9 though is a short short walk to the buses when you cut through the parking lot. It's not that "magical" of a view of course. I wasn't a huge fan.

For standard view we always request 60's buildings 4 or 5, then 70's building 6 or 10. In the evenings I don't want to walk any more than I have to.

Just booked a quick last minute trip at the end August and staying at POP! Been years since I stayed her but with the Passholder rate I couldn't resist! Booked a standard room and requested the 70's section. All rooms in that section have been refurbed correct?

We've stayed in several of these, and we only pay for standard view. For walking to the food court and buses, we love buildings 5, 4 first. Short, short, walk to classic hall and buses, and easy to go over to AoA too. The walk from 6 and 10 are also short to classic hall and the buses, just a tad longer. Now 9 on the other hand we did not like the walk to classic hall, seemed very long to us, especially if we went to the food court in the evening after getting off the bus, then going to our room. I was so tired, seemed like forever (but it's not, just seemed long). 9 though is a short short walk to the buses when you cut through the parking lot. It's not that "magical" of a view of course. I wasn't a huge fan.

For standard view we always request 60's buildings 4 or 5, then 70's building 6 or 10. In the evenings I don't want to walk any more than I have to.

Thank you...this was very helpful!

Just booked a quick last minute trip at the end August and staying at POP! Been years since I stayed her but with the Passholder rate I couldn't resist! Booked a standard room and requested the 70's section. All rooms in that section have been refurbed correct?

Correct. Refer to post 2 for updated information. Scrappingontario and Hopperfan are amazing at keeping that up to date. So helpful- thanks very much guys!

Thanks.

We were there in Jan and although we saw a number of the '15's girls' (sorry, not sure of the name) in our building and the buildings close by, they were nothing but respectful even when sitting in larger groups waiting to go somewhere. Hopefully your experience will be the same.

Don't be afraid to call Guest Services should the need arise.

The 15s and SATGs are interchangable terms. They refer to the same groups.

For those of you who have stayed in buildings 5, 6, 9, or 10 in a standard room, about how far did you feel from Classic Hall and the buses?
We stayed in building 10 and it was SUPER close to the buses. We were right on the end by the parking lot. I would definitely stay in that spot again. It was nice for my 9 yo niece to have a short walk after being at the parks all day.

What grocery delivery services has everyone used at POP? We have used Garden Grocer in the past and been VERY happy - however, their prices seem quite high. We use it to order fresh fruit, breakfast and snack foods. I am a little nervous to try something else with the fresh fruit.

What grocery delivery services has everyone used at POP? We have used Garden Grocer in the past and been VERY happy - however, their prices seem quite high. We use it to order fresh fruit, breakfast and snack foods. I am a little nervous to try something else with the fresh fruit.

We have used Amazon Prime Now and have had great results. Every thing was really fresh and the dates were far out for our perishables

My husband and I booked a last minute trip on Expedia (using Expedia for Disney for the first time). We booked a preferred pool room as that was the cheapest option. Does anyone have any idea what building this could be in? Wondering if we'll get a refurbished room.

My husband and I booked a last minute trip on Expedia (using Expedia for Disney for the first time). We booked a preferred pool room as that was the cheapest option. Does anyone have any idea what building this could be in? Wondering if we'll get a refurbished room.

Check out post #2 of this thread for a map showing where the Preferred Pool roons are along with the most updated information on the refurbishment progress.

www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

We are debating between Pop Century Preferred room or POR royal guest room for our visit the 1st week of May 2020 to celebrate our daugther's preschool graduation.? Does Pop share buses with any other resort or do they have their own buses? Does the pool have a water slide?

We are debating between Pop Century Preferred room or POR royal guest room for our visit the 1st week of May 2020 to celebrate our daugther's preschool graduation.? Does Pop share buses with any other resort or do they have their own buses? Does the pool have a water slide?

Pop does not share buses and the pools do not have waterslides.

This will be our first time at Pop since the pool fences went in. We are booked in pool preferred (simply because it was the only category left with AP discount). We are also going in the heart of SATG season (mid July). Since there’s a fence there, does that mean people can’t hang out in the 60s courtyard all night? We aren’t early to bed people, but noise at 2am isn’t optimal either, lol.
Thoughts? TIA
My thoughts are if Brazil or Argentina win the World Cup NOBODY at WDW will be able to sleep that night-The 15s' "celebration" that night would register on the Richter Scale!lol:)

My thoughts are if Brazil or Argentina win the World Cup NOBODY at WDW will be able to sleep that night-The 15s' "celebration" that night would register on the Richter Scale!lol:)

Just had to look up when the final is and we won’t be there then. I didn’t even think of this. I know we will be surrounded by tour groups but we can deal on a normal day but wow that would be insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter