Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what beverages are available at the food court? I'll need my caffeine fix on our trip and we are not a Coke family. Please tell me that they have Mr. Pibb! I can survive the week it they have Mr. Pibb. :thumbsup2

Here now and wanted to report that the cases of water (24 pack of 12 oz bottles) are 6.99 at the food court. You have to ask the cashier and they will bring a case out to you. Just bought one yesterday. Also pool towels have been available at hippy dippy pool and computer pool this weekend. I think I still saw the sign to bring towels from your room but they were at the pool. Bus service has been good despite construction. And the refillable mugs have the white handles with different colored lids. Hope this helps people.
Thank you! I could never understand why water was 2x the price there!!! Can't wait for them to run out of the white handle mugs and go back to matching colour handle & lid.

I am trying to do my online check in but I am having a small problem. I am wanting to request the 50's section but it is not allowing me. It is there as an option that I can choose but once I finalize everything and go back to review it keeps taking my 50's section request out. Anyone know what might be going on and why I can't choose the 50's?

I can mark 50's on my check in. Are you booked standard or preferred? I have preferred booked if that makes a difference and all buildings are choices

Hmmmmm... When are you going? We're going in a week & selected 50's. I just checked & our request is still showing.

What other requests have you made? I think it may limit you to only two. However, there was one trip I took everytime I went back in it ADDED options!

We check in June 16th. I have tried several time today but it won't save my selection. 50's section is there and it lets me select it but then when I go back and review my selection it is gone.

Are there no Standard Pool View Rooms in the 50's section, maybe?

There are lots of Standard Pool View rooms in the 50s all facing the bowling pin pool.

Here now and wanted to report that the cases of water (24 pack of 12 oz bottles) are 6.99 at the food court. You have to ask the cashier and they will bring a case out to you. Just bought one yesterday. Also pool towels have been available at hippy dippy pool and computer pool this weekend. I think I still saw the sign to bring towels from your room but they were at the pool. Bus service has been good despite construction. And the refillable mugs have the white handles with different colored lids. Hope this helps people.

THANK YOU!

What is Mr Pibb?

Mr. Pibb is basically Coca-Cola's version of Dr. Pepper.

Coca-Cola is the sole provides of Disney beverages and for that right, I believe they give all these beverages to Disney for free. Mr. Pibb is very difficult to find at WDW, or it has been in the past. I believe we did find it at one or two restaurants in the past though. Coke also distributes Mello Yellow, which is basically a Mt. Dew ripe off. Does anyone know if they can be found anywhere on site?

Actually, does anyone know of any Disney locations that have the freestyle machines? I believe all of those machines offer all coke products.

I think I read GF, Gaspys now has one?
Yes, I can confirm this as I have used it there! Also, the Yacht Club now has one and so does the DVC Member Lounge in Epcot. I am guessing RF will have it as well once WL is done with its construction.

Hi everyone. I'm sure my question has been answered within this thread, so please have mercy on me! I have a standard room booked for October and am really interested in staying in the 80s section, since I was an 80s kid. Is it that far of a walk from the 80s section to the main building/buses? Nobody in my family has any mobility issues so walking a few minutes wouldn't be that big of a deal. Is it really far away or is it manageable? Any help or advice you all could give me is appreciated!

So they are doing the towel animals again? I thought I read that they stopped doing them.
Nothing when we were just there. Not even a Mickey head on the bed to greet you Can't wait for our next trip...back to AllStars for us!

Question about Pop Transportation??

My adult daughter and a friend are at Pop right now - it's a first time any of our family have stayed here. They've been there since Sunday and have had terrible luck with the buses. The average wait has been about 40 minutes both coming and going - never sooner than 30 minutes and many times over an hour. Is this typical with Pop? They're very discouraged :( They know their way around transportation (taught them well - tee hee!) so was just trying to figure out if this is the norm or they have just caught it badly each time. They're having a great time nonetheless - just never want to stay there again. Thanks for any input!
We just got back Wednesday and our Pop bus experience was less than great. It was our first time there so I can't compare to previous visits there, but we were less than impressed.

@MrsHanSolo, the 80's section isn't too far from the buses. A reasonable walk for sure.

We just got back Wednesday and our Pop bus experience was less than great. It was our first time there so I can't compare to previous visits there, but we were less than impressed.
There is a lot of road construction happening near Pop which is affecting some of the buses currently.

Does anyone know what beverages are available at the food court? I'll need my caffeine fix on our trip and we are not a Coke family. Please tell me that they have Mr. Pibb! I can survive the week it they have Mr. Pibb. :thumbsup2
No Mr. Pibbs. Sprite, Sprite 0, Coke, diet Coke, blue Gatorade, Hi-C orange.....I think that's it. There's also Gold Peak ice tea in 4 options.

Hi! We are in the planning stages for our 3rd trip to WDW and have stayed at AoA in a family suite in the past. We would like to do Pop but with 3 adults, 1 child, stroller, our stuff, etc would we be better off with adjoining rooms at Pop or going to a moderate?
We've always been spoiled at AoA with 2 bathrooms in the suite but we're looking for a change next trip but still want to be comfortable.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter