• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... fingers crossed that they have it figured out by the time June hits. I mean I would think about seeing if I can get a cheap rental or use Uber instead but if it's construction related, seems like those would have issues too.

I have a question: Does anyone know what time they turn on the coffee at POP? My sister is an early bird and loves her morning coffee. I figure she will be up around 530-6a. Will coffee be ready by then?

I have a question: Does anyone know what time they turn on the coffee at POP? My sister is an early bird and loves her morning coffee. I figure she will be up around 530-6a. Will coffee be ready by then?

It opens at 6am so I wouldn't plan on earlier than that. It looks like the new rooms may have a coffee maker in the. So if you're lucky enough to get one, 5:30am it is...lol

Thoughts on car vs bus with the construction. My friend wants to rent a car because she hates the bus but if the construction is kinder to the buses I'd hate for her to waste her money on the rental. The buses have some special lanes if i recall correctly?

2 questions:
I'm so sorry, I know the answers to my questions are somewhere in this giant thread but I confess, I just don't want to weed through everything.
We booked preferred pool view at Pop and I understand that is by the lobby and such but can someone tell me if you get the benefit of maybe having a sliding door off the room if you are ground level to go right out to pool? I don't think so but thought I'd ask. If that's not the case, I'll probably request upper level to avoid just seeing backs of chairs.
secondly...should I bring a portable coffee maker or will there be one in room?
Thank you!

2 questions:
I'm so sorry, I know the answers to my questions are somewhere in this giant thread but I confess, I just don't want to weed through everything.
We booked preferred pool view at Pop and I understand that is by the lobby and such but can someone tell me if you get the benefit of maybe having a sliding door off the room if you are ground level to go right out to pool? I don't think so but thought I'd ask. If that's not the case, I'll probably request upper level to avoid just seeing backs of chairs.
Thank you!

No sliding doors to pool. All rooms have only the main entry exit doors. Preferred pool view might not be first floor so you would have to go to end or middle of building to take stairs or elevator if not first floor.
I would bring a small coffee maker because depending on when you go the room might not be refurbished yet. They haven't gotten to that section yet

2 questions:
Thank you!

No sliding doors. All rooms at Pop have one door: a regular door onto the sidewalk (on the ground level) or the exterior walkway (on higher floors). Rooms on the ground level may in fact see the chairs, because in some places there are tables and chairs on the other side of the sidewalk. In other areas, you'll see either the fence or shrubbery on the outside of the fence. The entire pool is surrounded by a fence that is about 4 or 5 feet tall.

Thoughts on car vs bus with the construction. My friend wants to rent a car because she hates the bus but if the construction is kinder to the buses I'd hate for her to waste her money on the rental. The buses have some special lanes if i recall correctly?
The only road in WDW with dedicated bus lanes is on Buena Vista Drive in front of Disney Springs.

Yup, AoA was having similar issues the first week of May. Long long bus lines.

I just got back from POFQ, and road construction was causing the same issues there. Buses were having to take longer and out of the way routes, so the waits on both ends were longer. But considering how messed up the roads were because of the construction, I was just as happy to leave the driving to Disney instead of tackling it myself.

Question about Pop Transportation??

My adult daughter and a friend are at Pop right now - it's a first time any of our family have stayed here. They've been there since Sunday and have had terrible luck with the buses. The average wait has been about 40 minutes both coming and going - never sooner than 30 minutes and many times over an hour. Is this typical with Pop? They're very discouraged :( They know their way around transportation (taught them well - tee hee!) so was just trying to figure out if this is the norm or they have just caught it badly each time. They're having a great time nonetheless - just never want to stay there again. Thanks for any input!

We just got back May 6 - 15. No problem with waits at POP - nothing more than 20 minutes tops and that includes first busses of the morning. Waited too long trying to get back once from HS mid-day but that was it.

Construction is definitely adding time to bus rides. But we also tried driving to parks and that it taking longer too.

I just got back today from a stay at Pop, and I have to say I wasn't prepared for all of the road construction (not really a bad thing)! Wow, they are working on a lot... Anyway, my impression was that it is very much like road construction everywhere else; busy times of day does mess up timing, Disney vehicles, MDE, and everyone else. In other words, it's not just a Disney transport problem, it's a road construction problem. However, I will say early morning transport was always fair to good. I waited 17 min one day, and about 10 the next, and made it to MK in about 15 min. I would say that I did wait longer than normal for a bus trip from MK to Pop, but it wasn't horrible.

Now, the rest of my fam did have big bad issues with buses, specifically between Animal Kingdom and the Grand Floridian, but it was at a busier traffic time and other circumstances that added to it. I was at the bus stop two days in a row at around 7:05/7:15 am and had good luck going to MK for rope drop entry (a little before 8), and the rope drop at the opening show (9).

2 questions:
Thank you!

No hallways here, your room door will be facing the pool.

Each room has a door and window facing out to pool in your category.

legendary_peaceman2009ww.jpg

images

Question about Pop Transportation??

My adult daughter and a friend are at Pop right now - it's a first time any of our family have stayed here. They've been there since Sunday and have had terrible luck with the buses. The average wait has been about 40 minutes both coming and going - never sooner than 30 minutes and many times over an hour. Is this typical with Pop? They're very discouraged :( They know their way around transportation (taught them well - tee hee!) so was just trying to figure out if this is the norm or they have just caught it badly each time. They're having a great time nonetheless - just never want to stay there again. Thanks for any input!
We were at POP 5/4/17 - 5/23/17, and had no problems with the busses. Maybe only twice did we have to wait about 15 minutes, but that is because we had just missed the bus.

Down to 5 weeks!

After hearing about the craziness at DAK, I'm extra glad we are staying onsite and I got those FP+ for the new Pandora. :)

We leave in two week for Pop, we've always enjoyed our stays there in the past, but are a little worried. I had heard somewhere with the room renovations, they were eliminating the mini fridge? Is that true? We usually stay in the 50's section, so I assume might still have one if that's the case. Also, I've seen some complaints as of late on the housekeeping, has anyone stayed recently to reassure me it's all clean, and bed bug free? And hopefully with the mini fridge?

We leave in two week for Pop, we've always enjoyed our stays there in the past, but are a little worried. I had heard somewhere with the room renovations, they were eliminating the mini fridge? Is that true? We usually stay in the 50's section, so I assume might still have one if that's the case. Also, I've seen some complaints as of late on the housekeeping, has anyone stayed recently to reassure me it's all clean, and bed bug free? And hopefully with the mini fridge?

The refrigerator isn't getting removed, it's getting upgraded to a real refrigerator with a transparent glass door. However, they won't be working on the 50's section for another several months, so your room will be just how you're used to it. I can't comment on housekeeping. I've never had a problem.

Just booked a VERY last minute July trip in a preferred room. I have never stayed at Pop, or a value resort. What would be the "most" convenient section to request for a shorter walk to the busses and Classic Hall? Based on the map, I was thinking the 50s?

Just booked a VERY last minute July trip in a preferred room. I have never stayed at Pop, or a value resort. What would be the "most" convenient section to request for a shorter walk to the busses and Classic Hall? Based on the map, I was thinking the 50s?

This year I was in room 0161, bldg 10 in the 70s, ground floor on the end closest to Classic Hall. Great location! If you look at a map, I think the only room that might be closer to the food court is Preferred Pool View 5161. I love the 70s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter