Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but 278 pages is too many for me to search......I just made my RO reservation yesterday and nowhere did I see the opportunity to request a specific location of building. The only option was if I wanted a crib or adjoining room. I know Disney cannot guarantee anything, but was under the impression that I could identify the building location I wanted? I'm looking to get Building 4 or 5 (overlooking the lake). Is this something I can request now or wait until I get closer to my arrival (May 2017). Thanks for your replies.

You make the room location requests when you do online check-in at the 60 day mark.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but 278 pages is too many for me to search......I just made my RO reservation yesterday and nowhere did I see the opportunity to request a specific location of building. The only option was if I wanted a crib or adjoining room. I know Disney cannot guarantee anything, but was under the impression that I could identify the building location I wanted? I'm looking to get Building 4 or 5 (overlooking the lake). Is this something I can request now or wait until I get closer to my arrival (May 2017). Thanks for your replies.
You can call in to make your room requests and the CM will note it or you can wait until the 60 day mark when you do online check in. When you do online check in, that's when you'll see the location requests

We've had very good success at having our room ready by the time we arrive (or very close to it) when we've used online check-in and indicated our arrival time. We typically arrive at Disney by about 11:30 a.m. Two of our last 3 visits I indicated that early check-in was our top priority (over room location requests) and we got our room-ready text about an hour before our anticipated arrival and also got our room requests. On our trip this summer I didn't indicate that early check-in was a priority (because I very much wanted a specific room location) but did still indicate our arrival time. I had said we'd be arriving at 11:00 and at about 10:15 I got a text indicating our room wasn't ready yet but we'd receive a text as soon as it was. We needed to make a stop for water and snacks at Walmart so we just took our time there. We didn't arrive at Disney until about 11:45 and we got the text a few minutes later that our room was ready (and we got the specific location I had requested).

I didn't see a place when doing on line that you could put time of arrival. Or do I need to fax that in?

Just got back from a week at Pop. While everything was pretty much fine, I was just boggled with the lack of variety at the food court.
In April, they changed the menus daily. This trip it was pretty much the same things every day at each station.
The far right station (forget the name) almost never had anyone in the line.
It was still good though, and two food court cm's made me smile every time. Jerry from Las Vegas and Julieann from Tennessee were always smiling and genuinely kind.

It was still good though, and two food court cm's made me smile every time. Jerry from Las Vegas and Julieann from Tennessee were always smiling and genuinely kind.

Make sure you pass on that they were great to Disney! Send them an email with their names, location and dates and they will get credit for it!

Were the bus boards working? We arrive in 28 days!

Make sure you pass on that they were great to Disney! Send them an email with their names, location and dates and they will get credit for it!

Were the bus boards working? We arrive in 28 days!
The bus boards were up and working, but honestly I find them a non factor.
Never really paid attention to them and either got on the bus or waited for it to get there.
The busses from Pop were always fantastic. The busses back were almost always awful, except for the one where the whole bus sang to the sound track being played :)

The bus boards were up and working, but honestly I find them a non factor.
Never really paid attention to them and either got on the bus or waited for it to get there.
The busses from Pop were always fantastic. The busses back were almost always awful, except for the one where the whole bus sang to the sound track being played :)
I like them it was nice to see when the next bus was in instead if wondering and guessing all the time

DS21 and I will be at POP the week before Christmas, first time staying here. Little nervous our favorite is CBR. Looks like a fun place to stay and walk around. I have gotten 3 letters from Disney about the pools, and saw different posts about pools being open or closed. Could someone tell me if the main pool is open right now?

except for the one where the whole bus sang to the sound track being played :)
Definitely!:)

Everybody singing along to the POP Bus Soundtrack is one of my favorite things at POP-last trip coming back from Magic Kingdom really late one night,for Bohemian Rhapsody,we even had different parts of the bus doing the different parts of the song!lol:)

(It is REALLY fun for a WHOLE Slinky Dog to be singing along!):)

I apologize if this has been asked on here already...

Has anyone requested a king room and not been given one? I see that you can request but it's not guaranteed. I wish they offered them as a selection. My husband is a big guy so it's almost a deal breaker for us.

Also, how hard is it to get connecting rooms? I know I had one there when I didn't want it, so I'm hoping that's easier. We're hoping for 2 sets of connecting rooms, with a king connecting to a double for both.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter