Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I can't seem to figure this one out, and thought someone around here might have better info....

We'll be checking in Oct 13, and we usually pick our pool view room near the Computer pool (just feels like home after all these years). There is a referb, I know, that is supposed to be happening, including the closing of the computer pool. Every place I look, I see a different date (ranging from Oct 12 - Oct 31). When I call Pop to ask, I just get the answer of "mid-October".

I'd like to try to figure this one out to see if we should be trying for our "normal place" on the resort, or if we need to suck it up and head to the Bowling Pool side. Obviously, we have a first choice in the matter, but don't really want to be paying for a pool view and have a view of a pool that is out of commission :)

So, I can't seem to figure this one out, and thought someone around here might have better info....

We'll be checking in Oct 13, and we usually pick our pool view room near the Computer pool (just feels like home after all these years). There is a referb, I know, that is supposed to be happening, including the closing of the computer pool. Every place I look, I see a different date (ranging from Oct 12 - Oct 31). When I call Pop to ask, I just get the answer of "mid-October".

I'd like to try to figure this one out to see if we should be trying for our "normal place" on the resort, or if we need to suck it up and head to the Bowling Pool side. Obviously, we have a first choice in the matter, but don't really want to be paying for a pool view and have a view of a pool that is out of commission :)

All ears news letter that came today said computer pool refurb dates moved to Oct 31-Jan 3

No, they haven't changed the outlets, but last week we didn't have an alarm clock :)

I think the alarm clocks vary from room to room. We just got home last night and there was an alarm clock in our room the entire time.

When you are at the resort, how do you know the pool times? I couldn't find it online when they are open and when they close in Sept & Oct. is there a site? Or do you have to look somewhere at the resort? Is it on the app? I couldn't find any specifics except what's on this thread.

Pool hours last week were 9:00am - 10:00pm. Found it much more challenging to fit in resort swims this year as we used to go for a quick swim when we returned from the parks but this year with them now bring gated, they were closed when we got home or, it was raining so the pools were closed.

Did you ever see the refillable mugs with handles come back for sale?

No, the mugs are still handleless but I will say we liked these much more! Normally I don't even bring the mugs home but this year they came home and have been added to our Disney box to take back on future visits! They fit more easily into both the pockets of our backpack as well as the cupholder on the stroller. didn't miss the handles at all!

for those who go to the food court to pick up beverages for numerous people, bringing a cardboard drink carrier provided by places like McDonald's or Tim Hortons might be helpful to you. Just a thought.

We just returned from a 9 night stay at Pop yesterday. Happy to answer questions.

We're the rooms clean? Could you hear your neighbors above or below you? How are the elevators? What building were you in and how long was the walk to the busses? How was the food in the food court?

We're the rooms clean? We had 1 gal who was fabulous at cleaning and preparing our room. On her days off we had a different one(s) and they were okay but nothing special.

Could you hear your neighbors above or below you? A couple of times we heard people walking by outside our room and rarely we heard noise from next door but it was faint.

How are the elevators? The elevators worked well and came quickly.

What building were you in and how long was the walk to the busses? We were in the 60's building, lake view. Walk was reasonable. It was where I requested to be as we like to visit the food court at AoA so that was also close and we also used AoA buses when their lines were shorter than ours.

How was the food in the food court? The food was good. No complaints but also not exceptional.

Thank you so much for your reply! This will be our first time at Pop. I was thinking of requesting a room in the 70's, top floor. We're driving so I wanted to be a little closer to a parking lot. I hope we have a good experience too. And that was a great idea about bringing a cardboard carrier for drinks. Thanks again!

We just returned from a 9 night stay at Pop yesterday. Happy to answer questions.
Hi! This will be our first stay at Pop Century. It is an extended family group of 6 rooms. Can you tell me if there are coffee makers in the rooms? And is the refrigerator really a fridge or does it not keep things cold? Thanks!

Hi! This will be our first stay at Pop Century. It is an extended family group of 6 rooms. Can you tell me if there are coffee makers in the rooms? And is the refrigerator really a fridge or does it not keep things cold? Thanks!
There is a small fridge, but no coffee maker.

When are you going? They will be adding coffee makers to the rooms when they do the renovations but those renos will take over a year starting in October 2016. The fridges are small but do a great job of keeping things cold.

No, the mugs are still handleless but I will say we liked these much more! Normally I don't even bring the mugs home but this year they came home and have been added to our Disney box to take back on future visits! They fit more easily into both the pockets of our backpack as well as the cupholder on the stroller. didn't miss the handles at all!

for those who go to the food court to pick up beverages for numerous people, bringing a cardboard drink carrier provided by places like McDonald's or Tim Hortons might be helpful to you. Just a thought.

They had cardboard cup holders - by the pizza station in the food court! I also like the new ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter