Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read today that Disney is now supplying insect repellent free of charge. It will be in the parks as well as resort rooms.

Until last year we had never seen a mosquito in Florida but we did get quite a few bites one evening when we went to the sing-along at the camping area near Hoop-Dee-Doo. While I'm not 'scared' of getting Zika we will still be cautious and careful.

We are doing Hoop-dee-doo one night and that was my one area of concern really being at the campground. I'm not overly worried but we will be prepared.

We didn't see any mosquitoes while at HDD, it wasn't until we took the bus into the campground and then later waited about 20 mins for a bus back to the dock. We will be skipping that part this year when we go to HDD in 2 weeks.

We didn't see any mosquitoes while at HDD, it wasn't until we took the bus into the campground and then later waited about 20 mins for a bus back to the dock. We will be skipping that part this year when we go to HDD in 2 weeks.

OK good to know. It's our first time doing HDD and I wasn't sure how it was situated. Thanks!

Yayyy, awesome! Also, I am going to fax to request a room in the 70's section, as close to the main building as possible (my DBF had back surgery last year, so all the walking will be a killer) while I know it is only a request, figured might as well try. Should I request a certain block of room numbers, or just put 70's section close to the food court/transportation if possible? Also, looking at the map,, not sure what room numbers I would request...

Yayyy, awesome! Also, I am going to fax to request a room in the 70's section, as close to the main building as possible (my DBF had back surgery last year, so all the walking will be a killer) while I know it is only a request, figured might as well try. Should I request a certain block of room numbers, or just put 70's section close to the food court/transportation if possible? Also, looking at the map,, not sure what room numbers I would request...

I would just put in your request of location, but not necessarily use specific room numbers. That way they can try to get you close to where you want to be.

Don't hesitate to rent a wheelchair in the parks! It doesn't cost a lot, and may provide relief from pain. No one will judge you or him. I did it with my DD when her joint pain worsened; now we use one all the time in the parks. Vacation isn't fun if you're in pain!

You could even call and explain to the resort how being close will help. They have been so kind and helpful to us this trip!

25 days till we are Home at Pop! :stitch:

And we got our MagicBands today!! :dance3: So excited!

Hoping by the time we get there that the mugs with handles will be back and both bus boards will be working! I'd settle for one though haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter