Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Pop have Surrey bike rentals? Thinking of renting one arrival night.
Yes,it is located over at AoA.:)

27448690315_5361a68b58_z.jpg

Last edited:

Has anyone noticed that when checking in online you can request the room to be "Connecting (guaranteed)?

Supposedly because "EVERYBODY" uses their smartphones as their "clock" nowadays.:)

Except that not everyone has a smartphone . . .

I do, and I have a white noise/clock app that I use. The display stays on, and can be dimmed or brightened to whatever level you prefer. Before I had a smartphone, I traveled with a combination white noise/travel alarm. I have had one too many unreliable hotel clocks. I stayed at BWI in July, and did not have a room clock. I had the power block, with several electric outlets and USB outlets. I really preferred that to having to bring my own power strip and find a vacant plug by the bed. I will be happy if my Pop room in December has a power block instead of a clock.

I do think they should keep clocks available by request for those who need them.

Except that not everyone has a smartphone . . .

I do, and I have a white noise/clock app that I use. The display stays on, and can be dimmed or brightened to whatever level you prefer. Before I had a smartphone, I traveled with a combination white noise/travel alarm. I have had one too many unreliable hotel clocks. I stayed at BWI in July, and did not have a room clock. I had the power block, with several electric outlets and USB outlets. I really preferred that to having to bring my own power strip and find a vacant plug by the bed. I will be happy if my Pop room in December has a power block instead of a clock.

I do think they should keep clocks available by request for those who need them.
That's awesome about the power block. It'd be cool if Pop got those. Until then though, I'd want the clock. I actually might want both haha!

I have booked preferred to be close to the restaurant buses etc but really like the area by the lake bridge?
What would be my best room request?

Hello, Pop People!! I'm coming over here to get you all's input on the upcoming refurb. Some friends are staying at Pop on October 12-13, and received an e-mail from Disney stating that during their stay the refurb would be taking place. Should they be concerned? Should they stay or move to another resort? They will be spending most of their time in the parks, so I'm thinking it will be OK to stay. Anyone know if/how the refurb is supposed to impact guests?

I had heard that this might happen, but wasn't sure. .. A person from Pop called yesterday to make sure that we were all ready for our arrival in a few days. I was able to go over our special requests, which was good because one of them wasn't recorded for whatever reason. I thought that it was a really nice touch.

Got my letter about the refurb :) Yay!!! Can't wait to see it actually in play, and what the final rooms look like!

Hello, Pop People!! I'm coming over here to get you all's input on the upcoming refurb. Some friends are staying at Pop on October 12-13, and received an e-mail from Disney stating that during their stay the refurb would be taking place. Should they be concerned? Should they stay or move to another resort? They will be spending most of their time in the parks, so I'm thinking it will be OK to stay. Anyone know if/how the refurb is supposed to impact guests?

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Disney announced that the room refurbs won't start until November so this refurb is probably just the pool. They've also stated that they will be doing the work from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (I think those were the hours) so most people will be at the parks while the work is happening. The only reason I might be concerned is if I had young children who would be napping during the afternoon and even in that case, I would just fax a room request and indicate that we would like to be in a room that is not near construction as we have children who need to nap in the afternoon. I guess the other issue might be if they plan to spend a lot of time swimming -- if one of the pools is closed for refurbishment, obviously the other 2 pools are going to be fuller. We don't tend to swim a lot while we're at Disney and if we do, it's usually at night after we get back from the parks so the pools aren't as full as they are in the afternoon.

Thanks for this concise and enlightening reply, bluezy!!! Exactly what I was hoping to hear!! Thanks for taking the time to respond...love this about the Disboards!!

I too am staying at Pop early October and I don't consider the refurbishment enough of an issue to change resorts.
Especially if most of their time will be in the parks I don't think they will even notice the refurbishment going on at Pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter