Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a microwave at the food court? I seem to recall one, but never having used it I cannot remember if I am imagining things.

Would anyone know or be willing to check what kind of diapers and price they sell? Also sunblock? We are traveling Sept carry on only and I hate ordering for those two things. No Amazon prime Membership either. Thanks!!!

I know they sell Huggies, though I don't know the price. I do recall looking last time and being happy I brought them with us because they were steep. :)

I think you can still order from 'regular' Amazon without a Prime membership (meaning not Prime Pantry or Prime Now) and have the package delivered to the hotel. Other retailers may also be cheaper (walmart, jet.com, target) and/or offer free shipping if Amazon doesn't (I can't recall what their free shipping threshold is if not a Prime member).

Or ship down yourself ahead of time?

Would anyone know or be willing to check what kind of diapers and price they sell? Also sunblock? We are traveling Sept carry on only and I hate ordering for those two things. No Amazon prime Membership either. Thanks!!!
That's also my suggestion, ship a box down yourself. We always go carryon only and send a box of things to the resort from home. I package it up and send it UPS.

How does it work, shipping something to the resort? What if you package arrives earlier than you do? How do you address the package?

I'm really thankful for those shots of the new rooms. I actually prefer them over the old style. But then again, we're a group of adults going. How early on is, in your experiences, "too" early to call the resort to make sure they have room request numbers and to put in an early check in request?

I'm really thankful for those shots of the new rooms. I actually prefer them over the old style. But then again, we're a group of adults going. How early on is, in your experiences, "too" early to call the resort to make sure they have room request numbers and to put in an early check in request?

When you do online check in, you can make a room being ready early as a priority. I would discourage requesting a specific room number, as the room assigner may not know exactly what you want in the event that specific room is not available.

The only reason we're wanting to request rooms is because one member of our party is purple phobic and there's so much purple at the resort lol

There is no way to call the resort directly. We usually call the Main Reservation line about a week out and ask the phone CM to read me the requests noted on our reservation. Reservations get sent over to the Resort about 3 days out and start getting assigned.

As @happymommy stated, if you do Online Check In you can inform them of your estimated arrival time. And you can check that you would like a room ready when you arrive but that will severely lessen your chances of getting your requests granted.

The only reason we're wanting to request rooms is because one member of our party is purple phobic and there's so much purple at the resort lol

Then I would word your request as "purple free room and area".

I have to say, looking at the new room pictures, I'm not a fan. I don't mind the layout concept, but the colors aren't my thing, and I really really dislike the blah brown slab of wood (looks like a blah brown shade in the pictures). They don't have to be gaudy, but some lighter/"prettier" colors would be nice. If it were up to me, I'd go with a cool retro mid-century vibe with a "blond wood" finish on the murphy bed wall slab and at least a little turquoise in there somewhere. But that's just me.

Hopefully they're still refining the final look of the new rooms.

I get the feeling that that may be an 80's room by looking at the decor. Maybe 70's. I'd like to see them do something slightly different with each time era to be honest.

Don't know if it has been mentioned here yet but the hard goods refurb for Pop has officially been scheduled from November 2016-February 2018.

First stay at POP in September - can't wait! We will be checking OUT on a Friday. Heard that there is a photo booth with silly props on Fridays. Anyone know if this still happens, and if so, what hours? PhotoPass photographers or selfies?

First stay at POP in September - can't wait! We will be checking OUT on a Friday. Heard that there is a photo booth with silly props on Fridays. Anyone know if this still happens, and if so, what hours? PhotoPass photographers or selfies?

That sounds awesome. I hadn't heard that before.

I get the feeling that that may be an 80's room by looking at the decor. Maybe 70's. I'd like to see them do something slightly different with each time era to be honest.

My first thought was '70s. (When were "earth tones" popular?) Looking at pics of the AOA suites, POP needs to do something decorative with the bottom of the Murphy bed. A collage of DL/WDW iconography/maps/posters covering the decades would be fun and in keeping with the resort theme and the Mickeys over the bed.

Just please do something more attractive than the Blah Brown Slab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter