• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am arriving in December for my 15th Anniversary trip with my husband. Leaving the kids at home (they would be so mad if they knew we were going without them). Since we are going to be there the week of the 20 - 26th we are renting a car from Alamo at the Disney Car Care Center has anyone every done this? I read somewhere they will pick you up or you can get transportation of some sort there is this true?

I am arriving in December for my 15th Anniversary trip with my husband. Leaving the kids at home (they would be so mad if they knew we were going without them). Since we are going to be there the week of the 20 - 26th we are renting a car from Alamo at the Disney Car Care Center has anyone every done this? I read somewhere they will pick you up or you can get transportation of some sort there is this true?

Hi DLM,

Yes, you will need to contact the Alamo office at least 24 hours in advance to arrange the courtesy pick up. They picked me up at the front of my resort and took me to the car care center. When I returned the car, they even gave me a ride back to my resort.

Hi DLM,

Yes, you will need to contact the Alamo office at least 24 hours in advance to arrange the courtesy pick up. They picked me up at the front of my resort and took me to the car care center. When I returned the car, they even gave me a ride back to my resort.

Thank you. I figured this might be easier with more guests at Disney for the holidays as a way for us to get around. Especially since we want to do somethings that aren't necessarily at the parks.

Thank you. I figured this might be easier with more guests at Disney for the holidays as a way for us to get around. Especially since we want to do somethings that aren't necessarily at the parks.
I'm sure it will! We used it 2 yrs ago for a 1 day trip to Universal and it worked well.

We are at the poly now. My kids said when we got here that it didn't feel like Disney. I Just booked BB for 2 weeks next Augst back at pop. My kids and DH love the new rooms! I'm excited to be going back as well. The poly is lovely but we have stayed at all levels and Pop seems to be home.

I just booked Pop Century for next month...my first trip to this resort. I got a standard room and my main concern is close proximity to the bus stop. Is this like the Coronado, where there are multiple bus stops, or is there just one? The diagram makes it look like there is just one. And, can anyone recommend a building or two for me to request based on my priority? Thanks!

I just booked Pop Century for next month...my first trip to this resort. I got a standard room and my main concern is close proximity to the bus stop. Is this like the Coronado, where there are multiple bus stops, or is there just one? The diagram makes it look like there is just one. And, can anyone recommend a building or two for me to request based on my priority? Thanks!
Like the poster above me said, just the one bus stop location. We always do standard view rooms, and none of the buildings are very far away. To be the closest to the bus transportation, 70's, 60's, and 50's are your best bets.

Thank you, MKArizona and PrettyPatchesMSU! I am excited. :) Do you have to stand in line a long time to get on the bus, with everyone congregating at one? I am going in 3 weeks. Last minute, "wild hair" trip.

When I was at Pop 3 weeks ago there was no bounceback offer in my room. I even went to the front desk to ask about it and they said that they didn't think there was one right now
There was an offer available. It was the room offer for the remainder of 2016. The 2017 free dining offer became available Aug 1.

Thank you, MKArizona and PrettyPatchesMSU! I am excited. :) Do you have to stand in line a long time to get on the bus, with everyone congregating at one? I am going in 3 weeks. Last minute, "wild hair" trip.
Well, I wouldn't say a long time. Some times of day are of course busier than others. Like early morning. Pop has good bus service, they run often. If you don't mind standing, then it's even quicker to get on the bus. If no seats are left we always let others go and we wait for the next one. It's normally just a few minutes or right behind it anyways haha! I'm sure you'll love Pop. They have the best bus service by far I think.

The bus service is very good at POP. Even during the busier times of day, like park opening, they have extra buses running. I can't tell you how many times I've seen another bus pull in for a park just minutes after the previous bus has left, that is, if they're not already there waiting for the first bus to pull out. And the resort isn't that bad for walking. Last trip there, I stayed in one of the 80's buildings (the farthest away from the dining hall and bus stops) and the walk was not that bad. Heck, there were even a couple of mornings when I walked over to the Art of Animation Resort for breakfast and even that wasn't that bad of a walk.

Just to clarify--in the new online check in options, there is no place to note a special event, correct? I'm not just missing something? If you want them to note what you are celebrating, you have to call?

Would anyone know or be willing to check what kind of diapers and price they sell? Also sunblock? We are traveling Sept carry on only and I hate ordering for those two things. No Amazon prime Membership either. Thanks!!!

Would anyone know or be willing to check what kind of diapers and price they sell? Also sunblock? We are traveling Sept carry on only and I hate ordering for those two things. No Amazon prime Membership either. Thanks!!!

Have you considered ordering from Garden Grocer? Or get a prime membership trial, then if you don't like it cancel (they used to offer a money back trial).

I've done carry on only to Hawaii (for 2 weeks) but we had a car, so stopped at Target first thing for toiletries and other things.

Garden Grocer may be cheaper than taking an Uber to the store (and save time).

The 23rd is sure to be a busy day for Pop with all these Dis bods checking in!

I know! The 23rd will be a great day! We land in the morning about 10:00, so hope we can hold off on lunch until we go over to Epcot! Maybe a snack at Everything Pop & pick up our refill mugs, but definitely some fun snacks at Epcot!

Hi Guys it is so close!!!

OMG so many of us arriving on the 23rd! I can't wait to see you all!

We are arriving on the 23rd!! What a busy day for POP. Does anyone know the window dimensions of the window in the room? Thank you

We get there too on the 23rd!:dance3:Too excited to sleep eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter