Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, just one more question I can't seem to find any specific info on. Would the concierge desk be able to handle my AP upgrade? I'd plan on visiting a park prior to upgrade so tickets are activated. It's just I'd rather not waste park time by upgrading at a Guest Relations. My family sleeps in (we compensate by night owl closing parks down), and I'll have tons of free resort am time before they roll out lol. It'd be awesome to handle upgrade then. And if any early risers with family that sleeps in has any suggestions to enjoy the resort it'd be fun to hear. I plan on of course walking the grounds for photos of the cute icons, the trail around the lake, over the bridge to view AoA icons, enjoy coffee at a (hopeful) bench with a lake view. That one I'm most happy about. We're so busy in the parks, thankful for lazy am time since first Pop visit to soak in the cute resort atmosphere.( Bc we're not the "midday break" people since getting to parks late. Once we leave, we won't see resort til midnight or after lol).
when I upgraded (bridged) my 2 day park tickets (I had them unused from a previous free dining trip) to an AP I had to go to a guest relations window. either in the park or at disney springs. I don't know your situation... what you are upgrading.

if the tickets you are using were purchased before a price increase, you will want to "bridge" them anyway. use them once to enter the park. go to GR. the ticket you currently have has now been bridged to the current value of a ticket and that is the amount you will get credit for in buying the AP> otherwise it will only be worth the price you paid.

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but I got behind on keeping up with the last 10 pages or so. We arrive in 3 days :dogdance: 1st stay at Pop, 3rd on property stay. I did online check in when it became available (We have a non water pref room. 50's close to elevators were our requests, we'll see if we get them. I'll be happy no matter :cloud9:) I got the email 2 days ago about confirming the online check in. After completion, it gave me check in instructions that include "presenting my ID to the online check in desk"?? :confused3 I don't remember getting this before, and we've gone straight to our room both times. However, I also updated the expiration date for my payment card on file this time. Is that statement generic for all online confirmations, or does it really mean we'll need to go to the lobby before our bands will allow us in the room? And if so, is there a designated online check in desk (and if so, location?) in the lobby, or just the general check in desks? Sorry to ask again, I know we could just wait and see. But, we're heading off to AK right after getting settled so I just want to be prepared. :disrocks:
I received the same email notification when I did the online check-in. My card on file has an expiration date that is 4 years from now and is the same card I have had on file while paying for my package. I'm not sure the card has anything to do with it. I did ask for text notification, so we will see what happens!

]No, I got back Wednesday and they were not working yet. It was our first stay at Pop, and we stayed in the 50's building, 4th floor - great location. Rooms were fine. We got a box fan and that really helped with noise. Housekeeping was great and everyone was super friendly and helpful. Food court was not our favorite. There was not enough variety for us. Bus service was not good the first few days. We had several waits over an hour. I did talk to transportation along with several other guests, and it did get better during the latter part of our trip. We used the main pool and the bowling pin bowl daily. They were nice and helped us feel refreshed after a long, hot morning at the park. I'm glad we tried Pop but probably will go back to CBR in the future.

Oh no Linda T. I'm glad everyone was friendly and helpful... I hope the buses are better when we get there...

Anyone take note of the beer selection and prices in gift shop???:ssst:

I have bypassed the front desk the past 10 or so times I have visited the value resorts. As long as you have a credit card on file and do the online check in before your trip, you should get an email or text the day of check in letting you know if your room is ready. If it's not ready and you have park tickets, you can go on to the parks until you are notified that your room is ready.

That's been your experience. But it won't be the same for everyone. Some people will have to stop by the front desk.

Booked a last minute "pick me up" trip to the World the week before Labor Day and staying at Pop. This won't be my first time staying there it will be my first time using DME. For those who have arrived late morning/mid afternoon, what was your experience with the wait and number of stops getting to Pop? i realize that not every trip from MCO to Pop is the same but I'd just like a little heads up. I've only used DME once to go to Wilderness Lodge. TIA

We are also going that week, arriving late morning and using DME. I am also wondering about the interval between trips leaving MCO and approximate time to get to POP?

We are also going that week, arriving late morning and using DME. I am also wondering about the interval between trips leaving MCO and approximate time to get to POP?
In February it took the bus 25 minutes to reach the Art of Animation once the bus left the airport. The next stop was Pop Century. I would guess another 15 minutes since everyone at the first stop has to get off and get their luggage.
If this helps, time from getting off the plane to AoA was one and a half hours with stops for bathroom and baggage carousel.

:):)
In February it took the bus 25 minutes to reach the Art of Animation once the bus left the airport. The next stop was Pop Century. I would guess another 15 minutes since everyone at the first stop has to get off and get their luggage.
If this helps, time from getting off the plane to AoA was one and a half hours with stops for bathroom and baggage carousel.

Thanks for the response. I'll be making those same stops before getting down to DME.

Oh no Linda T. I'm glad everyone was friendly and helpful... I hope the buses are better when we get there...

Anyone take note of the beer selection and prices in gift shop???:ssst:

I don't recall the selections from last visit, but for individual ones, it isn't much of a savings over the bar! I think it was $15 for a six pack of Bud?

If you do like beers, it may be worth ordering from Garden Grocer! We've done that a few times.

So I've been reading threads here about the new expanded room request options in online check-in. Does anyone know what additional choices (if any) are available for POP?

Any chance we can now request "courtyard view" in the online check-in?

Does anyone know how far in advance Pop will accept packages for incoming guests? I have friends who are leaving 3 weeks before we arrive and I would love it if they could leave a case or 2 of water for me. It's the only thing we want so Garden Grocer wouldn't work. I've read mixed experiences about weather or not a case of water can be purchased at Pop. If cases are available, does anyone know the cost of them?

Does anyone know how far in advance Pop will accept packages for incoming guests? I have friends who are leaving 3 weeks before we arrive and I would love it if they could leave a case or 2 of water for me. It's the only thing we want so Garden Grocer wouldn't work.

They really like to keep it under 7 days, so 3 weeks might be a bit much. But your friends could always ask.

I've read mixed experiences about weather or not a case of water can be purchased at Pop. If cases are available, does anyone know the cost of them?

$6.99 per Case.

Does anyone know how far in advance Pop will accept packages for incoming guests? I have friends who are leaving 3 weeks before we arrive and I would love it if they could leave a case or 2 of water for me. It's the only thing we want so Garden Grocer wouldn't work. I've read mixed experiences about weather or not a case of water can be purchased at Pop. If cases are available, does anyone know the cost of them?

My son paid $16.99 for a case of water at Pop last month. He had to ask for it, though. They were also available for the same price at AoA (where they were available in the coolers in the grab-n-go section of the food court).

Hmm... That's a big difference!! I wouldn't mind paying $6.99 for a case of water but for $16.99 I would suck it up and drink FLs smelly water.

Hmm... That's a big difference!! I wouldn't mind paying $6.99 for a case of water but for $16.99 I would suck it up and drink FLs smelly water.

Agreed. I don't know why Pop, and only Pop, has such an "issue" with the Cases of water. All other resorts have them out in the open for $6.99.

My best friend and his family checked into Pop Friday night and bought a Case for $6.99 but they had to ask the gift shop manager who brought one out as they were not displayed. I have read many people here on the DIS that tried and were told they don't carry them. Then I read many others that were able to either find them out on the floor or were able to ask for them.

I will say that @bluezy is the first post I've seen with a price of $16.99.

Agreed. I don't know why Pop, and only Pop, has such an "issue" with the Cases of water. All other resorts have them out in the open for $6.99.

My best friend and his family checked into Pop Friday night and bought a Case for $6.99 but they had to ask the gift shop manager who brought one out as they were not displayed. I have read many people here on the DIS that tried and were told they don't carry them. Then I read many others that were able to either find them out on the floor or were able to ask for them.

I will say that @bluezy is the first post I've seen with a price of $16.99.

I wonder if it's a difference in the "type" of case. Maybe there were more bottles or larger bottles in the $16.99 than the ones that are $6.99. I can't imagine why else the cases would be $16.99 at AoA (and that's right on the shelf) and sometimes $10 cheaper across the bridge. I also saw them for $16.99 at another resort but for the life of me I can't remember which one. $6.99 for a 24 pack of 12 oz bottles of name-brand water would be a normal retail price around here (though you can get them for less than that when they're on sale) so I'm surprised that Disney would sell them for anywhere close to a typical retail price. The $16.99 price sounds more "Disney". :D It's great that some people are able to get them for $6.99 but that has not been our experience at Pop or AoA in our last two trips -- it's always been $16.99 so I just want people to be aware that they *might* get the case for $6.99 but they should be prepared for it to be $16.99. I've definitely seen other reports (on other threads/message boards) that the water was $16.99 at some resorts and $6.99 at others.

Thanks @dansdad and @bluezy for your help with this. We arrive mid-September and I will attempt to purchase a case from the gift shop at Pop. Will let you know what my experience is. If it's $6.99 I'll be buying one. If they want $16.99 we'll be using our Brita Filter bottle and getting it refilled in the parks.

I like to keep us well hydrated to taking water with us to the parks makes it easier to do so than having to refill a bottle throughout the day, especially with water that doesn't smell the greatest! ;)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter