Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First stay at POP. I booked STANDARD - POOL View.

In order of importance here are my requests.... so those that know POP please let me know where I should request knowing that I only booked Standard, not preferred.

1.) First Floor - I will have a stroller and would rather not do stairs/elevator regardless of better views higher up.
2.) Pool View - My older DS's will want to swim alone (14,10) but I'd like to be able to "see" them from my window while my youngest naps. (Thus - I wanted/paid for pool view.)
3.) Closest to main food court as possible while still under standard category.

I care very little about anything else. Kids will really love any type of pool - so which set of "decades" should I request for Standard/Pool View/First Floor/Close to food/buses as possible without upgrading to preferred?

Any help is appreciated!

With standard pool view, you'll either be in the 50's section or the 80's/90's section. As already mentioned above, building 1 in the 50's is also a favorite of mine because you're relatively close to the main building/food court. Building 1 also has a nice short cut around the front of the main building to get to the bus area.

As for "seeing" the pool from your room, be aware there's a lot of variables on the room location and how much of the pool you can see, especially from inside the room. There are some standard pool rooms that technically you can "see" the pool but you don't have a direct view. Plus there is now a fence and additional landscaping in between the pool and the rooms further changing the view. In other words, you're not exactly at pool side with a pool view room.

question? does anyone know If I have friends that are in a preferred poolview, so I believe 60's, will it be possible for us in a standard room to request to be in the same section? Or would I be better to upgrade to a preferred room, but not preferred poolview.

question? does anyone know If I have friends that are in a preferred poolview, so I believe 60's, will it be possible for us in a standard room to request to be in the same section? Or would I be better to upgrade to a preferred room, but not preferred poolview.
I would request standard 60's. You won't be too far from them. Make sure you both request the same building in the 60's.

Oh, ok, thank you for the quick reply! Guess I will be packing my own after all.....lol

That's too bad. Going to Pop in August and I love the Disney shampoo (hate the conditioner). Guess I'll have to take my own this time. Glad you asked. Have a magical trip.

We are staying at Pop in 15 days!! But just for one night before heading to SSR. I'm so confused on how the luggage transfer works. Do they take it to our new room or do I have to pick it up from the lobby? We are doing DS and then DHS around 3-4. Will it be there before 4? I don't want to have to get my luggage from the lobby after 10 at night and then treck back to the room. SSR is huge and who knows where we all be. Will it be easier to just take a cab over in the morning and have bell services hold it until our room is ready? And then walk to DS? Anyone know about how much a cab is from Pop to SSR? Thanks!

We are staying at Pop in 15 days!! But just for one night before heading to SSR. I'm so confused on how the luggage transfer works. Do they take it to our new room or do I have to pick it up from the lobby?

Whichever you choose. You can pick it up or once in your room at SSR you can call and have Bell Services bring it to you.

We are doing DS and then DHS around 3-4. Will it be there before 4?

Most likely yes, but maybe not. We've done 6 split stays now and usually arrive at resort #2 around 5:00 and our luggage has always been at the resort.

Its been I think 9 years?? since I've been to the Pop, cast member booking our trip told us that they had the free QS dining just opened when we were in process (we were going to ASMu). Has anything really changed since then? I doubt it. Also, this might be in some post that I haven't seen, but does POP have the resort bus schedule screen? I know the All Stars do, but I'm not sure on the POP.

Its been I think 9 years?? since I've been to the Pop, cast member booking our trip told us that they had the free QS dining just opened when we were in process (we were going to ASMu). Has anything really changed since then? I doubt it. Also, this might be in some post that I haven't seen, but does POP have the resort bus schedule screen? I know the All Stars do, but I'm not sure on the POP.
The bar inside the food court is gone. Goofy's Pop Jets are gone. Mom's Night Out Dinners are gone. They have a lot more bookable categories than they used to have. The frozen Coke machines are gone, replaced by iced tea. The view across Hourglass Lake is the hideous Art of Animation Resort. Pool fencing is new, I'm not sure if they're all fenced in yet. The price of everything has far outpaced inflation. Other than that it's all the same.

From reports, the bus screens are there, but I'm not sure if they're working yet. The view of AofA from Pop looks great IMO. Much better than the half built abandoned buildings from before. You can also watch the HS fireworks from the bridge and visit AofA to eat, shop and take the buses. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter