Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe there is an outlet by each bed plus the one by the sink, but we always take a power strip just in case. depends on how many people you have and how many things each person needs to charge.
There is also one by the table which I used to put my powerstrip.

We just booked our package yesterday, and after having to backpedal a month to get the special offer, I realized we'll be there for our anniversary. I couldn't find any place in My Disney Experience to declare a special occasion, unless I am just missing it. What's the best way to make a note to Disney it's a special occasion?

Also, I need to try to request a folding cot (we have a 15 and 13 year old, and are hoping to let one use the cot - or bring a small inflatable mattress). Is the best way to do this contacting the hotel? Or is there a place online to request one?

Thank you in advance!

Question:
If I get in around 9:30 am on my first day, would I be able to eat breakfast at the resort using one of my dining credits?

We just booked our package yesterday, and after having to backpedal a month to get the special offer, I realized we'll be there for our anniversary. I couldn't find any place in My Disney Experience to declare a special occasion, unless I am just missing it. What's the best way to make a note to Disney it's a special occasion?

You can call the Main Reservations line and add the special occasion to your reservation.

Also, I need to try to request a folding cot (we have a 15 and 13 year old, and are hoping to let one use the cot - or bring a small inflatable mattress). Is the best way to do this contacting the hotel? Or is there a place online to request one?

Thank you in advance!

No Roll Aways or Cots available. We usually bring an air mattress.

:flower1: I just booked my DH and I in a preferred room December 11-18. I really didn't think it would be possible for us because we have been through some really rough times the past year but things are getting better now.

Does anyone know how I can request a handicap room for DH?
You need to call ASAP and let them know that you need a handicap room. Also, let them know if you need a roll-in shower room. Not all handicap rooms have a roll-in shower. Handicap rooms fill up fast, so the sooner you get your request in the better you chances are of getting what you need.

How do you request a king bed as opposed to 2 double beds?
Call and use the king bed as your only, or primary request. I requested a king bed in March and got a handicap room with a roll-in shower. If you do not want a handicap room, also tell them that when making your request. There are not many king rooms that are not handicap rooms.

Call and use the king bed as your only, or primary request. I requested a king bed in March and got a handicap room with a roll-in shower. If you do not want a handicap room, also tell them that when making your request. There are not many king rooms that are not handicap rooms.

Great, thanks!

I have a question.. We are doing a last minute extremely short trip over to Disney in June. We are two adults and two children (2yo and 1 yo) before our third comes in September. Ive never stayed at Pop before and have been trying to read the 191 pages. Our plan is to relax by pool on the first day and then Disney Springs in the evening and the next day Magic Kingdom. What requests would you put in? There are way more requests then I feel other resorts. We booked a standard view room and I don't really know what to click.

There are all the different levels, lake view, landscape view, near elevator, near transportation,and then each section... I was thinking near transportation? What would you pick? I know this is a personal preference to some but I will gladly take opinions.We are okay with walking over to the pool on the first day and am thinking in the am on MK it might be nice to be a little closer to transportation? I'm starting to think my pregnancy brain is making me over think this a little. :crazy::crazy:

I have a question.. We are doing a last minute extremely short trip over to Disney in June. We are two adults and two children (2yo and 1 yo) before our third comes in September. Ive never stayed at Pop before and have been trying to read the 191 pages. Our plan is to relax by pool on the first day and then Disney Springs in the evening and the next day Magic Kingdom. What requests would you put in? There are way more requests then I feel other resorts. We booked a standard view room and I don't really know what to click.

There are all the different levels, lake view, landscape view, near elevator, near transportation,and then each section... I was thinking near transportation? What would you pick? I know this is a personal preference to some but I will gladly take opinions.We are okay with walking over to the pool on the first day and am thinking in the am on MK it might be nice to be a little closer to transportation? I'm starting to think my pregnancy brain is making me over think this a little. :crazy::crazy:
I second the 70's section. We really like it, and it's a short walk to the food court and buses from pretty much any 70's room. We also like ground floor because we don't want to ride the elevator or take the stairs. Some prefer top floors for less overhead noise. We've never had bad "neighbors" so it's never been a problem for us.

I want to request 70's lakeview for my Sept trip but I REALLY need to have my 3 rooms connecting/next to each other. Am I asking for too much?

I always like "close to transportation" regardless of what resort I'm staying at. I try to think about the things that will have the biggest impact on our daily routine while at the resort. A lot of people like to be close to a pool but we only use the pool 2 or 3 times during a 7 or 8 day stay so that's not critical to us. We go to the parks every day and often take an afternoon break before going back to a park at night so being close to transportation is important to us as we make the walk from our room to the bus stops and vice versa at least four times *a day*. We also like that "close to transportation" means close to the food court as well because we use the refillable mugs frequently during our stay. So "close to transportation" is always an easy pick for us.

Our other choice is usually "top floor" (or however they word it) because that floor tends to be the quietest -- no one above you and often no one next door. However, you mentioned that you have 2 small children so I'm thinking you're going to have a stroller or two with you so maybe "ground floor" would be a good choice. Or, "close to elevator" if you don't care which floor you're on.

Checking into POP 2 weeks from today!! I'm looking for some feedback on room location. On previous stays we've been in 70's, Building 10 and 50's, Building 3. I liked both areas just fine, but am thinking about trying something different this time and requesting 60's lakeside. I like the idea of being closer to the bridge to AoA while still being relatively close to Classic Hall. What do you guys think of this location?
Just got back from Pop, and we had 60s section room 5128 right behind the Jungle Book characters with a lake view and absolutely loved it ! It was not a preferred room but we were only 2 minutes from the Hippie Dippie pool, less than 5 minutes from food court and 7 minutes from the bus stop ! We normally stay at CSR or Contemporary but would not ever hesitate to go back to Pop ! Our only problem was a crazy busy food court at breakfast time with school groups . We simply decided to go eat at the parks.

Just switched my ASSp reservation to POP for my birthday. Is lake view available as a request? I've seen it mentioned as an option. Ive a standard room booked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter