Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does POP or AOA have the frozen drink dispenser in the food courts (like the ones at 7-11)? If so, do they work with the Refillable Mugs?
Thanks!

Does POP or AOA have the frozen drink dispenser in the food courts (like the ones at 7-11)? If so, do they work with the Refillable Mugs?
Thanks!
POP used to have a frozen coke machine MANY many years ago. But it has been gone for a long time. AoA has never had one.

How is the wifi in the rooms at Pop? My husband has an online class that he will need to work on while we are there. Yes, it kinda of sucks, but we thought he'd be done with school...not quite done due to holiday breaks we hadn't accounted for. If it's not good in the room, is there somewhere else on property it's better? Lobby, food court?

How is the wifi in the rooms at Pop? My husband has an online class that he will need to work on while we are there. Yes, it kinda of sucks, but we thought he'd be done with school...not quite done due to holiday breaks we hadn't accounted for. If it's not good in the room, is there somewhere else on property it's better? Lobby, food court?

My husband had to work for 4 days during our trip in February, so he walked around the resort looking for the best WIFI signal. He found that the higher floors were better, facing the lake, so we requested a room in this area. Our room was in the 60's section, top floor, facing the lake (standard view category) and he had no problems with the signal. :) On a previous trip, we had a room on the 1st floor last year, and the signal kept cutting out. From now on, we'll always request a top floor room, facing the lake.

My husband had to work for 4 days during our trip in February, so he walked around the resort looking for the best WIFI signal. He found that the higher floors were better, facing the lake, so we requested a room in this area. Our room was in the 60's section, top floor, facing the lake (standard view category) and he had no problems with the signal. :) On a previous trip, we had a room on the 1st floor last year, and the signal kept cutting out. From now on, we'll always request a top floor room, facing the lake.
Well, that is the exact room I have requested...as I always do at Pop. So hopefully I get it and he can work without issue. Thanks!

Reactions: CJK

Keep in mind though...room requests are just that requests...you may get what you want, you may not. The signal also depends on how many people are trying to access it as well. Sometimes I have had good luck and sometimes it has been pretty bad. I was only using it for pleasure not a job though.....

Planing to use a twin air matters. Anybody with expirance using one in the room. Where does it fit.

It would probably fit best between the door and the first bed. If you can squeezethe table and chairs somewhere else then that corner would work too.

Yes, either right by the exterior door (between the first bed and the window). Or move the table and chairs to the other side of the entertainment center/dresser...down towards the bathroom -- where the connecting room door would be (or is...assuming you won't be using it) and there should be plenty of space to put the air mattress where the table usually is.

We're staying at POP for the first time in December and I just found out today our dates overlap with POP Warner. Now I'm worried about noise and lines/crowds. Should I think about booking elsewhere? We're booked in a preferred pool view, if that matters.

Just left Pop today after our first stay. We really enjoyed it! Yes, it is kind of busy and loud compared to POR (where we stayed last year). BUT, the food is good, the pools are nice, and our room was clean and comfortable. We will be back!
Thanks for your positive report ! Can you tell us where your room was located and what were your feelings about the bus service to and from the parks ?

Thanks for your positive report ! Can you tell us where your room was located and what were your feelings about the bus service to and from the parks ?

Sure! I can help you with one but not the other, actually.

Our room was 1331. This was on the third floor of building one in the 50s section. It faced the wooded area between the 50s section and the airline check in desk. It was a very short walk downstairs to the bowling pin pool and a short walk to Classic Hall. In addition, it was very close to the 50s section parking lot. This was perfect since we drove (all the way from Michigan!) and used our car to get around Disney.

We found the 50s section to be pretty awesome. The bowling pin pool was great for taking DD for a quick dip and much quieter than the Hippy Dippy pool (we did go to Hippy Dippy quite a lot, too, but my parents liked the quiet pool best.) Our room was pretty tiny, of course, since it is a value. There was just DH, DD (who is three), and me and we are pretty organized, so it worked fine. If we had two kids or DD was older, I would maybe want a bigger room, but it's hard to say.

Which I did online check-in, the only thing I requested was a lower floor. I then called and requested adjoining rooms with my parents. While we didn't get the lower floor thing, we did get adjoining rooms. The third floor ended up not being a problem - DD is full of energy and navigated the stairs just fine.

I only took the bus once this trip: back from Animal Kingdom after DH had taken our car to go golfing with friends. We were the second people in line for a Pop bus outside AK and waited about 15 minutes; I'm fairly certain this means that a Pop bus had just left when we got there. DD was really, really sick (we'd been in the first aid at AK for about three hours) but started to bounce back in line, so she was entertained by talking to people around us. The wait was no big deal.

My parents were with us (requested and got adjoining rooms!) and they flew down, so they used the buses quite a bit. I think they found the busing to be about par for the course - they've been to Disney a lot and know what to expect. They did ride with us to MK on the day we both went because even though the TTC parking lot to monorail to MK rigmarole is an odyssey, they had seen long lines for MK buses at Pop and didn't want to wait. In general, they didn't have any problems.

All in all, we give our stay at the Pop a thumbs up and would definitely recommend it to others looking to stay at a value resort.

Planing to use a twin air matters. Anybody with expirance using one in the room. Where does it fit.

We did this when we stayed in December 2014. Had no issues with room for the mattress. I think we slid the little table over and moved 1 chair and it fit just fine. We just propped it up behind the table during the day so it was out of the way for housekeeping.

Couple of changes reported at All-Star Sports that I hope will apply to Pop and the other value resorts:

1. Pool towels available at both the Sports pools.

2. Beverage stations in the food court open 24 hours.

Maybe they are being tested at Sports for now, but really interesting changes.

Couple of changes reported at All-Star Sports that I hope will apply to Pop and the other value resorts:

That would be a great change for all the values.

That would be awesome!!! We are always rushing off the bus to get our mugs and get back to the food court before they close. So this would be fantastic!

Oh, I see Sports people are also reporting the food court (not beverage refill island) shutting down at 11pm except for pizza delivery. Is that happening at Pop?

Last edited:
We will be staying at POP in July just my DH and myself, first visit. What are the best locations for couples? :love:
It's just my DH and me this trip for our anniversary. I'd recommend the 60's or 70's Lakeview areas. Still a short walk but away from the noise of the pools, and gorgeous view :love2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter