Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the food court has bananas and if so how much do they cost? Trying to decide if I should figure out a way to bring a few with me or just buy in the food court. Only 6 more days and I will be checking in. I can't wait.
All the individual pieces of fruit are $1.99 or a snack credit. You would be further ahead to bring your own.

That's the same furniture that they have had at the All Stars for years.
Thankss @dancin Disney style! I wasn't aware of this and another thread mentioned it might be coming to Pop too. Personally I like the furniture Pop has.

Staying at Pop again starting April 13th. Last stay was 3 1/2 years ago. What's changed recently? I think I saw where they fenced the hippy dippy pool? What about the other pools? Thoughts on the food court? I had always thought it was really good...any recent changes or things you don't like? The mugs are different since my last stay...does anyone have any issues with them?
  • All pools are either fenced in now or are in the process of being fenced in.
  • We enjoy the food court but must admit we enjoy the food court at Art of Animation more so when time permits we walk across the bridge and eat there.
  • We've never had any issues with the mugs. Depending on when you were last there they now have chips in the bottom of them so that old mugs cannot be brought back but we find the current mugs work great!

The mugs did not have chips in them on my last visit...it's new since I was there last. I have never brought old mugs back for another trip. Was just wondering if anyone has issues filling with the chip technology...like you can't fill the cup all the way if you don't have ice taking up space, or silly things like that.
I actually liked the Pop food court over AoA on my last trip. Maybe it was just what I had chosen for dinner, but I didn't care for it. May give it another try. I know people seem to love the pasta over at AoA.

I do l
The mugs did not have chips in them on my last visit...it's new since I was there last. I have never brought old mugs back for another trip. Was just wondering if anyone has issues filling with the chip technology...like you can't fill the cup all the way if you don't have ice taking up space, or silly things like that.
I actually liked the Pop food court over AoA on my last trip. Maybe it was just what I had chosen for dinner, but I didn't care for it. May give it another try. I know people seem to love the pasta over at AoA.
I do like the pasta at AoA (and that's about it) but we like the food court at Pop better for everything else. No problems with the chip mugs. I've did mine without ice and it let me fill it up.

Okay , new problem for me . We leave in 10 days and my DH just hurt his leg, BAD! He will need a scooter to use which we have reserved. Now the problem . . Is there enough room at Pop to park this scooter inside our room or are there places near our room to charge the battery overnight ? Is it safe to keep it outside ?

This is a whole new set of worries for me. I thought about calling the resort , and I still might have to , but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this . TIA !

Okay , new problem for me . We leave in 10 days and my DH just hurt his leg, BAD! He will need a scooter to use which we have reserved. Now the problem . . Is there enough room at Pop to park this scooter inside our room or are there places near our room to charge the battery overnight ? Is it safe to keep it outside ?

This is a whole new set of worries for me. I thought about calling the resort , and I still might have to , but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this . TIA !

We were there in October 2015 and stayed in the 50's section... I used a 500lb capacity scooter (I'm not that heavy but with this scooter we didn't have to worry about charging it.) I left my scooter right outside our door and there was a plug in there to charge it. I took the key out every time I got off the scooter and did so when it was sitting outside the room overnight. We never had an issue with it being out there. On the night it rained we did bring it into the room and put it right between the bed and the window... there was enough room for me or Hubby to get on and back it out of the room in the morning. Hope this helps!

On my stay at POP last month there were two scooters left outside in the corridor over night. Personally, I wouldn't do it. They are very expensive and in FL rain can come on very suddenly. Also, the way they were parked partially obstructed the room door for both doors. If I came back to my room and found that I'd be peaved.

Inside the room you can move the table and chairs over near the bathroom and then there would be plenty of space for the scooter.

We were there in October 2015 and stayed in the 50's section... I used a 500lb capacity scooter (I'm not that heavy but with this scooter we didn't have to worry about charging it.) I left my scooter right outside our door and there was a plug in there to charge it. I took the key out every time I got off the scooter and did so when it was sitting outside the room overnight. We never had an issue with it being out there. On the night it rained we did bring it into the room and put it right between the bed and the window... there was enough room for me or Hubby to get on and back it out of the room in the morning. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your quick response . That's exactly what I needed to know . I am a little nervous about it outside overnight .

On my stay at POP last month there were two scooters left outside in the corridor over night. Personally, I wouldn't do it. They are very expensive and in FL rain can come on very suddenly. Also, the way they were parked partially obstructed the room door for both doors. If I came back to my room and found that I'd be peaved.

Inside the room you can move the table and chairs over near the bathroom and then there would be plenty of space for the scooter.
Thanks for your quick response . I'm sure we can rearrange the furniture and make it fit . I'm not sure I would be comfortable leaving it outside .

Hi everyone! This is our first visit to Disney since 2005. We stayed off property that time. This is our first visit with kids. We're staying at Pop in August. I'm wondering what the critter situation is like in and around the lakeside rooms. (or any room for that matter!) Has anyone experienced a lot of bugs, gnats, etc? We booked a standard room and originally I was thinking of trying for a lakeside room in the 50's, but because of info I found here about the smoking sections, I am also looking at the 70's sections.

Hi everyone! This is our first visit to Disney since 2005. We stayed off property that time. This is our first visit with kids. We're staying at Pop in August. I'm wondering what the critter situation is like in and around the lakeside rooms. (or any room for that matter!) Has anyone experienced a lot of bugs, gnats, etc? We booked a standard room and originally I was thinking of trying for a lakeside room in the 50's, but because of info I found here about the smoking sections, I am also looking at the 70's sections.
Welcome to the Dis!

I don't think the bugs will be any worse lakeside(you may see a gator in the lake though!)-I think the main thing is to request a non-ground floor room-that will help keep the ground based bugs from your room.

I personaly have never had a big bug problem at POP or any WDW resort for that matter.:)

I've had both lakeside and non-lakeside and had no trouble with critters nor bugs at Pop. And we always stay ground floor. Might be lucky on that part, but still never had problems. Have seen several Disney Bunnies around the resort, and heard the frogs by the lake and saw turtles in the lake and the occasional squirrel on the grounds :squirrel:

Oh and :welcome: :disrocks:

Thank you for the warm welcome! :) I'd like a quiet room for nap time, etc, and we're driving so I'd like to be close to parking just in case we decide to take our car instead of the buses on certain days. On the other hand, we have 3 kids, and they like to run, so even though I'd like to be on the 4th floor, I don't want the neighbors below to be upset if the kids run. So, even though I really want the top, maybe the ground floor is better for us? I don't know. But I really want a top floor, quiet, lakeside room. :):)

Thank you for the warm welcome! :) I'd like a quiet room for nap time, etc, and we're driving so I'd like to be close to parking just in case we decide to take our car instead of the buses on certain days. On the other hand, we have 3 kids, and they like to run, so even though I'd like to be on the 4th floor, I don't want the neighbors below to be upset if the kids run. So, even though I really want the top, maybe the ground floor is better for us? I don't know. But I really want a top floor, quiet, lakeside room. :):)
I think all the rooms facing the lake would be quiet.

The parking lot wouldn't really be that much further from your room than the bus stop. There are multiple lots and you can park any place that you like. Your best bet if you want quiet and the closest parking is going to be 80/90's but then you are further from the bus stop and Classic Hall.

Staying at Pop again starting April 13th. Last stay was 3 1/2 years ago. What's changed recently? I think I saw where they fenced the hippy dippy pool? What about the other pools? Thoughts on the food court? I had always thought it was really good...any recent changes or things you don't like? The mugs are different since my last stay...does anyone have any issues with them?

The filling technology is generally pretty good. You can still mix and match flavors easily. It is capped pretty much 2 ways, by the amount (fl. oz) per use, and the time between uses. If you try to get a refill too quickly, it will display a timer when you can get your next refill. (the purpose of this is to discourage people from buying 1 Disney mug and then refilling their 44oz super gulp mugs they brought from home to share with their family). You can certainly fill up the cup to overflowing so it doesn't penalize the non-ice lovers out there. This is why there is a limit on fl. oz. that you can pour in any given use. It is intuitive and there is a readout that states what the issue is if you have one.

Will I be able to find organic milk anywhere on property? Prefer a half gallon, also a loaf of bread?
I have been staying on property for years and have not seen organic milk. POP typically doesn't sell bread buy the loaf.

I just got back from 9 days at POP and we were in the food court daily. I never saw loaves of bread in the food court or in the shop. You can buy single slices of bread. 2 slices for $0.70.

On the bottled water front. POP had no cases available and I asked 3 times. They all said its not sold by the case. However, the drink cooler at AoA had an empty slot and price tag for cases. They do sell it by the case but I was told that they only fill that slot in the morning. When it's gone, it's gone.
They do sell water by the case. It was available in February. You may have to ask for a food court mgr though. It's 24 12oz bottles for 12.99, IIRC. They are in the back. Very often the Front CMs don't realize this is an option, so they just say no. :/

Is there a map of where King beds with bathtubs are in the resort. We booked a preferred room but have a toddler who sleeps with us so would like a king size bed
A child under 3 may possibly be allowed in a king room but more than likely they will still put you in a double double. There are very few preferred King rooms that have tubs (meaning they aren't HCA) but they do exist.

There are only 6 rooms per building that are kings with a tub. They are rooms 03 and 22 on floors 1,2 and 3. They are right beside the building icon, one on the front and one on the back. They are also connecting to the room next door. In the 50's building 1&3, 60's and 70's half of the king rooms are preferred.

correction.... In 60's building 4 one of those rooms is preferred pool view per floor. Building 1 has one preferred kingw/tub and one preferred pool view per floor.
Actually 03 depending on bldg is HCA. I have stayed in 1103 and it was definitely HCA with no tub!!

Unless you will forego the tub there are no kings in the standard category in the 60's and 70's.
Sorry, this is Not true... they do exist but are EXTREMELY limited!!!!
The chart you are looking at is not a good one to gauge all of your comments by in all honesty. POP has a special chart showing where each type of HCA / King room is.... ;)

When we were there the last week of February, the 50's pool was fenced as well. I never had any reason to go over to the 80's /90's section but I would assume since those 50's and 60's pools were fenced, that would be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter