Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
where can i purchase a bottle of vodka or scotch for in-room cocktails? POP gift shop??
staying at POP, no rental car. Read somewhere that EP world showcase has a couple of stores... is that true? will they deliver to resort?

thanks. 14 days to our 25th anniversary trip

where can i purchase a bottle of vodka or scotch for in-room cocktails? POP gift shop??
staying at POP, no rental car. Read somewhere that EP world showcase has a couple of stores... is that true? will they deliver to resort?

I don't believe they have liquor in the POP shop. My suggestion would be to pack it from home and bring it with you. You can put it in your checked bag at the airport. The clothes should keep it protected if packed right. We brought some back from a Mexico trip that way and even through airport handling it made it just fine. Much cheaper that way as well.

I've bought bottles of wine at the Everything Pop store. They have it in a locked cabinet behind one of the cash registers. I've never paid attention to the other bottles behind the cash, but I *think* they sell other types of liquor.

I started a new thread but didn't get much in the way of responses. Does anyone know if they place cheer/twirl groups in the preferred section of Pop? We are planning a visit that coincides with Twirl Mania and Pop is a host resort. We don't mind the impact on the food court and the busses but just don't want to be placed in the middle of a large group. I would think they put them in standard rooms but I have no idea. I'm thinking of jumping ship for a Little Mermaid room but we would prefer Pop. Thanks!

I started a new thread but didn't get much in the way of responses. Does anyone know if they place cheer/twirl groups in the preferred section of Pop? We don't mind the impact on the food court and the busses but just don't want to be placed in the middle of a large group. I would think they put them in standard rooms but I have no idea. Thanks!

Not usually, no.

Trying this resort for the first time next month. We usually stay at Port Orleans - French Quarter. We'll miss the boat to go shopping, but it sounds like there will be plenty to keep us occupied when we are not at the parks.

Just booked! Staying March 3-7 at Pop for the first time and by myself. Sorry if this has been explained before, but I didn't want to go through the whole thread. Any suggestions for a first timer at the resort. I have stayed in many other places, but never Pop. Would like a mixture of proximity to bus stops and quietness...though I know those two things never go together at Disney. Any and all suggestions are welcome on location as well as resort activities for someone in their 20s, I am open to it all! :thumbsup2

Just booked! Staying March 3-7 at Pop for the first time and by myself. Sorry if this has been explained before, but I didn't want to go through the whole thread. Any suggestions for a first timer at the resort. I have stayed in many other places, but never Pop. Would like a mixture of proximity to bus stops and quietness...though I know those two things never go together at Disney. Any and all suggestions are welcome on location as well as resort activities for someone in their 20s, I am open to it all! :thumbsup2

I would word your request as "close to bus stop" and "quiet location". The room assigners know their resorts like the back of their hand and will know of multiple locations to fill your requests if possible.

Trying this resort for the first time next month. We usually stay at Port Orleans - French Quarter. We'll miss the boat to go shopping, but it sounds like there will be plenty to keep us occupied when we are not at the parks.

We stayed there for the first time in September and really enjoyed it. My favorite is Riverside. I'm coming to the decision that I'm not a WDW food court fan though. I don't mind the hustle and noise in the courts, but it always seems to take so long to get the food. If family goes to a different kiosk, then we check out at different times and have to find each other. We really try to go at less busy times, but can't avoid it. Doesn't matter, I still love WDW.

No issues with the busses either. One night leaving Epcot there were soooo many, they brought in an extra bus.

JELLY HERE!!! I want to go by myself! Lucky duck.

We were in building 20 (10? I don't recall), but we overlooked the foosball, large phone Mickey, and the Big Wheel. Suprisingly, it was perfect. 3rd floor, no noise issues at all. Close to main pool and food/shopping and took the outside sidewalk to the busses. We had a car and parked as close as anyone can, practically, at a value.

Great resort! Walk over to AOA. It's a pleasant walk!

I bought a small bottle in the gift shop last trip, and it was fine for just a couple drinks (vodka).

Also in Norway at Epcot they have large 1L bottles of vodka for around $20. You buy it there in the gift shop, then they deliver it to one of the shops at the entrance of Epcot (either International Gateway gift shop or the one closest to the front entrance). It takes at least 3 or 4 hours for the delivery, so if you do it early in the day you can pick it up on your way out later (just specify which way you're exiting). It was decent and much cheaper. I've seen tequilas in Mexico as well, but didn't purchase any.

JELLY HERE!!! I want to go by myself! Lucky duck.

We were in building 20 (10? I don't recall), but we overlooked the foosball, large phone Mickey, and the Big Wheel. Suprisingly, it was perfect. 3rd floor, no noise issues at all. Close to main pool and food/shopping and took the outside sidewalk to the busses. We had a car and parked as close as anyone can, practically, at a value.

Great resort! Walk over to AOA. It's a pleasant walk!

Thank you! I'm pretty nervous to go alone for the first time but I'm a big girl now :rotfl2:Will report back after!

I started a new thread but didn't get much in the way of responses. Does anyone know if they place cheer/twirl groups in the preferred section of Pop? We are planning a visit that coincides with Twirl Mania and Pop is a host resort. We don't mind the impact on the food court and the busses but just don't want to be placed in the middle of a large group. I would think they put them in standard rooms but I have no idea. I'm thinking of jumping ship for a Little Mermaid room but we would prefer Pop. Thanks!
What are the dates of the Twirl Mania? We are at POP Feb 27-March 3. First time going to this resort. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter