Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stayed at pop four times now and I am at 50/50 on room cleanliness. 2 times we had to move for dirty rooms. Then the other 2 times they were clean. One of the dirty rooms the refrigerator was never cleaned out. People's left overs was in the fridge other problems was air conditioner didn't work and small flys in the room that maintenance came with a vacuum to suck up. Going to try a moderate resort next time.

One of the worst experiences regarding an unclean room happened at Port Orleans French Quarter in 2010. We had checked in but had to wait for our room assignment. When we returned from the parks that evening is when we saw our room for the first time. Like you, we also found leftovers in the fridge, along with hairs in the sink and bathtub and someone's dirty socks between the second bed and the wall. Our son had laid down on the bed closest to the door when we first walked in, and when he stood up, he had about a half dozen star-shaped cereal pieces sticking to him, which had obviously been on the bedspread. I was totally skeeved out and shocked because we'd stayed at POFQ a number of times and had never had any cleanliness issues before. I went straight to the front desk and they apologized profusely, comped our night's stay and moved us to a different room. Deluxes are also not immune to cleanliness issues - we have friends who stayed at the Contemporary 2 years ago and found someone's toenail clippings on the bedside table. The one and only time we stayed at Pop prior to our upcoming stay I remember being very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and I distinctly remember it smelled fresh and clean when we walked in.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that this sort of thing can happen in any resort, regardless of category. We stayed at POFQ four times since 2010 and have never had another issue, I hope we have the same luck at Pop. :-)

I would say that until my last stay I've never had any issues with room cleanliness. Last month at POP the room was ok but could have been a little cleaner. Usually I bring Lysol wipes and give the room a wipe down....of course this time I forgot them. The room it self appeared to be clean but the bathroom need a little more work. There were a couple hairs on the floor and 1 or two in the tub. The wall in the tub/shower had a noticeable film on it. As well there was a shoe print on the floor. I opted to take a hand towel, soap it up and wash all these areas down. Should I have called housekeeping....probably, but I just wanted to get settled and get on with my VERY short weekend trip.

I don't see how it's unfair to tell people the cleaning is horrible and the room was unsanitary, but we shall just have to agree to disagree.

It is not unfair to let others know of your dissatisfaction. I do think it is unfair to say "Do NOT stay here unless you like a completely unsanitary room"

Over 2800 rooms, 100's of Mousekeeper's, one makes a poor decision NOT to do their job and you write off the entire resort?

It is not unfair to let others know of your dissatisfaction. I do think it is unfair to say "Do NOT stay here unless you like a completely unsanitary room"

Over 2800 rooms, 100's of Mousekeeper's, one makes a poor decision NOT to do their job and you write off the entire resort?

SPOT ON.

Does anyone know what the current evening movies are at Pop? We arrive january 18 (woot!). Thank you!!

I hope Pop gets the bus boards soon, I do not understand why they have not gotten them yet. I liked them when we stayed at All Star Sports this past year. I just wonder why it is taking so long for them to get installed at Pop.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the bus schedule at Pop recently? I'm interested to see how frequently the busses come.

I hope Pop gets the bus boards soon, I do not understand why they have not gotten them yet. I liked them when we stayed at All Star Sports this past year. I just wonder why it is taking so long for them to get installed at Pop.

Same here. I was hoping they would have them by the time my trip came around. Only 9 days to go now and still no bus boards. :(

Sorry to hijack , but what exactly is a bus board ? TIA
They are boards located at the bus stop giving an approximate time until the next bus arrives. Helps with the wondering how long the wait will be when waiting in lines for the parks.

Yes I do. I pay a lot of money to spend time at the world. If they cant do the simplest thing like provide me a clean room then yes I do write that resort off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter