Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the 24 hour May 22nd party. I'm considering flying in night before (may 21) around 10:30pm to stay at POP until a 5:55pm departure on Sat 23rd. I have a few questions...
1. Will Magic Ex. still pick me up after my 10:30pm arrival (Southwest) and take me to Pop? (I will only have my backpack)
2. If Magic. Ex. requires me to leave POP 3 hours prior to my departure time, will there be a 3pm Magic Ex. bus to MCO from POP? And who/where do I set up my reservation to be on said bus? Front Desk?
3. I wanted to take advantage of SW days for a few hours prior to my departure. What is the average bus travel time from HS back to POP for me to catch the Magic Ex. bus to MCO?

I know it's a lot. I've been countless times but NOT using Magic Ex. and NOT by myself. THANK YOU THANK YOU in advance! :flower1:

Hi guys, we will be staying at Pop Century in October and this will be our first time staying here (very very excited about it :woohoo:). We are booked in a Standard room and even though I know this question has been asked many many many many many times, I want to know from the Pop experts, which decade is your favorite and why? I thought the 80's/90's area would be fun since DH and I lived through those decades, but then DH saw the map and said it seems really far away from the main building. My DD11 loves dogs so then I thought the area with Lady and the Tramp would be cool too, but then again any of the decades look like they have fun icons in them. Oh who knows....can anyone help a fellow DISer out? DH would like to be closer to the main building/bus stops as possible but without paying extra by upgrading to a prefered room, but if I have to, I will. Thanks guys or your help.

1. Will Magic Ex. still pick me up after my 10:30pm arrival (Southwest) and take me to Pop? (I will only have my backpack)
2. If Magic. Ex. requires me to leave POP 3 hours prior to my departure time, will there be a 3pm Magic Ex. bus to MCO from POP? And who/where do I set up my reservation to be on said bus? Front Desk?
3. I wanted to take advantage of SW days for a few hours prior to my departure. What is the average bus travel time from HS back to POP for me to catch the Magic Ex. bus to MCO?

Yes, Magical Express buses run 24 hours a day, so you can use it with a 10:30pm arrival. The luggage service doesn't run 24 hours, so if you did check bags you'd need to retrieve them yourself and take them with you on Magical Express.

Magical Express will tell you what your Pop pickup time will be based on your departing flight information, so your Magical Express reservation will need to include your flight number either when you make the reservation or later when you know your flight. A day before you depart your pickup time letter will be delivered to your room.

Once on the bus, it only takes 7-10 minutes to travel from DHS to Pop, however, I'd recommend being back at Pop at least 30 minutes prior to Magical Express pickup, just to be safe.

We are booked in a Standard room and even though I know this question has been asked many many many many many times, I want to know from the Pop experts, which decade is your favorite and why? I thought the 80's/90's area would be fun since DH and I lived through those decades, but then DH saw the map and said it seems really far away from the main building. My DD11 loves dogs so then I thought the area with Lady and the Tramp would be cool too, but then again any of the decades look like they have fun icons in them. Oh who knows....can anyone help a fellow DISer out? DH would like to be closer to the main building/bus stops as possible but without paying extra by upgrading to a prefered room, but if I have to, I will. Thanks guys or your help.

With a standard room, my favorite is the 50's section, especially building 1.

Slowly making my way through this thread. I have a couple of quick questions. Are there any connecting rooms? We haven't stayed at a value in years. One of my favorite things about the values has always been the food court, how is the one at Pop? Can you make an argument on booking Pop over one of the nearby Hiltons?

Ok, weird question...
If i'm staying the night 5/21 at POP but doing the 24 hour party and I check out the morning of 5/22, but my flight doesn't leave til 9:50am on Sat 5/23 can I still use the ME back to MCO? TIA!!:cheer2:

Yet another coffee question, is it available all day or will I need to make other plans in the afternoon/evening? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, we will be staying at Pop Century in October and this will be our first time staying here (very very excited about it :woohoo:). We are booked in a Standard room and even though I know this question has been asked many many many many many times, I want to know from the Pop experts, which decade is your favorite and why? I thought the 80's/90's area would be fun since DH and I lived through those decades, but then DH saw the map and said it seems really far away from the main building. My DD11 loves dogs so then I thought the area with Lady and the Tramp would be cool too, but then again any of the decades look like they have fun icons in them. Oh who knows....can anyone help a fellow DISer out? DH would like to be closer to the main building/bus stops as possible but without paying extra by upgrading to a prefered room, but if I have to, I will. Thanks guys or your help.

We always stay standard and have never had a room that was ridiculously far from the bus stop or food court. If I had to pick, 50's is probably my favorite. I like the theme and the bowling pin pool is nice. We were in building 3 last time, our room was close to the Tramp statue and our 21 month old DD loved screaming, "Dog! Dog! Dog!" every time we passed it. Any of the lakeview rooms are nice. I have never stayed in the 70's buildings before; they are my least favorite in terms of appearance but they are typically very quiet while still being convenient. 80s and 90s are my least favorite, I don't care for their appearance and for many/most of the rooms, the most direct route to the bus stop involves crossing a parking lot. 60's is nice because it is close to everything and convenient for walking to AoA. 60's is fun and energetic but I prefer to retreat back to a typically quieter room in the 50's.

I've never stayed at POP but my DD will be staying for her senior trip in April. I'm sure she will be in a standard room.

Are there connecting rooms?

Is there only 1 bus stop? I do see they only service POP and do not share with other resorts.

I've never stayed at POP but my DD will be staying for her senior trip in April. I'm sure she will be in a standard room.

Are there connecting rooms?

Is there only 1 bus stop? I do see they only service POP and do not share with other resorts.

Yes, there are connecting rooms. But there's no way to book them. You can request connecting rooms, but it's just that, a request.

Yes, 1 bus stop.

Our favorite standard room location at Pop was the 60's section, building 4, lake view. We were 4th floor right by the elevator so everything was close by. We just had to walk around the corner and go down the steps or elevator and we were at the pool. It was a very quick walk to the main building and bus stops. The view was very pretty and the area was very quiet.

Mmmmm, thanks for setting me straight on coffee makers.... I just remembered last time I stayed their they didn't even have a fridge and I swapped for one.a coffee maker was also with the fridge.

Thank you everyone who responded to my question. The 50's and 60's decades look like great locations that is close and has fun things to look at. I think either one will work for us :goodvibes.

Does POP do easter activities like an egg hunt and candy scramble like the mods and deluxes do? I think my kids DD6, DS2 would like the values more but I wanted to make sure that they have these activities before I book.

Ok, weird question...
If i'm staying the night 5/21 at POP but doing the 24 hour party and I check out the morning of 5/22, but my flight doesn't leave til 9:50am on Sat 5/23 can I still use the ME back to MCO? TIA!!:cheer2:

I would give ME a call and ask just to make sure!

I read on another thread that you can see the Frozen fireworks they are doing this summer (same as last year) from the bridge at Pop. Has anyone done this or know if it's true? I know you wouldn't see the low ones but what about the higher ones?

I read on another thread that you can see the Frozen fireworks they are doing this summer (same as last year) from the bridge at Pop. Has anyone done this or know if it's true? I know you wouldn't see the low ones but what about the higher ones?
Yes. it's true! I'm pretty sure we saw the whole show. Beautiful!

Really? This is awesome! Thanks for letting me know. This made my day as I really don't want to stay at HS that late but know my daughter would love to see them!

Really? This is awesome! Thanks for letting me know. This made my day as I really don't want to stay at HS that late but know my daughter would love to see them!
And I just want to add.....when the show begins, there are a series of fireworks in the sky for five or six minutes. Then, there is a lull for 3 or 4 minutes. When you're watching the fireworks from the bridge, you assume it's all over because you can't hear the music. But this is just gearing up for the fireworks spectacular at the end, so don't leave!

This is assuming the fireworks show is the same as last years....it may be different of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter