• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferred rooms are within 500yds of the main building. The lake facing rooms are not preferred. All preferred rooms are in 50/60/70. However, those building also have preferred pool view and standard rooms. 80/90 have pool view and standard rooms. Pool view is it's own category of room and costs more than a standard.

All rooms are exterior corridor so no room really has a view....parking lot or otherwise. Also, the buildings are set back from the parking lot so even if you were facing that way it's not like you would see much of it.
Preferred Pool View is only in the 60's. There is no pool view at all in the 70's. There are rooms in the 50's, 80's and 90's that have a very clear view of the parking lot.

Preferred Pool View is only in the 60's. There is no pool view at all in the 70's. There are rooms in the 50's, 80's and 90's that have a very clear view of the parking lot.

Correct...70's does not but I believe 50's does.

Just booked bounceback for next May - hot 25% off room. Had all sorts of available - book standard pool view because that is what my brother booked with his pin offer. I am wanting 50's section. So that would be from lady or tramp statue or Jukebox to the laundry room right? Or could it be in any of the inside courtyard in the 50's section

Just booked bounceback for next May - hot 25% off room. Had all sorts of available - book standard pool view because that is what my brother booked with his pin offer. I am wanting 50's section. So that would be from lady or tramp statue or Jukebox to the laundry room right? Or could it be in any of the inside courtyard in the 50's section
There is a link to a map near the bottom of post #2 of this thread showing where the various categories are located. Check it out.

Just to get an idea, are the standard pool view rooms located in the 50's, 70's, 80's and 90's? Just trying to get some sort of an idea.

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask it anyway:

My parents will be staying at Pop Century in a few weeks. They have a preferred room booked, and we did online check in today and made some requests. My mom is worried that they'll get a room with a king bed (because they're a married couple), when they want a room with two doubles. Is there any point in my calling up to have a note on the reservation that they want two doubles? Or will they be assigned a room with two doubles by default because they didn't specifically ask for a king bed.

I think my mom is worried that Disney will assume that a married couple wants a king bed. Should I call just in case or just assume that they'll get a double bed, and if they get a king bed, have them try and switch once they're there?

LOL I wouldn't worry about it too much. We requested a King bed for our honeymoon and they weren't able to accommodate the request.

We will be @ POP 4/6-4/12 :cool1: Does anyone know when the extra magic hours come out? Last time we were there the MK was open till 2or3am. My DD got a kick out of being out WAY after her bedtime:rotfl2:

We will be @ POP 4/6-4/12 Does anyone know when the extra magic hours come out? Last time we were there the MK was open till 2or3am. My DD got a kick out of being out WAY after her bedtime

Park hours and extra magic hours for April 2015 have been available since September. While these hours could be subject to change, you can check the official calendar for current details.

Just to get an idea, are the standard pool view rooms located in the 50's, 70's, 80's and 90's? Just trying to get some sort of an idea.

I had a standard pool view in my recent visit in Nov and they gave me 60's. Was surprised (My online requests were Close to Transportation and 50s) but certainly wasn't complaining.

Just got back from 9 days/ 8 nights at Pop. What is with the bedding? Just a sheet and light blanket in the 50's section. Looks like the old comforters were made into small decorative items? I haven't been in 2 years so this was new to me.

Just got back from 9 days/ 8 nights at Pop. What is with the bedding? Just a sheet and light blanket in the 50's section. Looks like the old comforters were made into small decorative items? I haven't been in 2 years so this was new to me.

All the resorts have had the themed comforters replaced with white and a decorative runner. Looks very "hotel generic", IMO. Supposedly easier to launder and maintain, but also a cost savings.

All the resorts have had the themed comforters replaced with white and a decorative runner. Looks very "hotel generic", IMO. Supposedly easier to launder and maintain, but also a cost savings.

It's a look that hotels have adopted all over the place....not just WDW.

It is MUCH more hygenic and laundry costs are reduced as the runners can be washed in larger batches than bedspreads.

OK, all the POP lovers on this thread have convinced me to give it a try! Just back from a stay with DH at CSR, booked a bounceback solo trip for Sept at POP. For the $50 a night I'm saving, I will stay a little longer. Something to look forward to! (Well, after DD and I check out Diagon Alley in Jan that is)

First time going to Pop, so curious to any if they sell beer in the gift store/pop store there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter