Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the original poster was referring to the units that are under the window like all the Mods have, I could be wrong. Those units are commonly referred to as window units.

Yes, that's what I was asking.

It's been 10 years since I've stayed at Pop and apparently I didn't remember correctly.

Thank you!

If you do online check-in and mark "Lake view" and "Close to Transportation" what will we end up with (assuming they can meet both of those, depending on capacity, etc. I understand). We have a standard room (no preferred, no pool view). It seemed like Lake View was the farthest from the lobby/transportation?

How can a room be both Lake View and Close to Transportation?

If you do online check-in and mark "Lake view" and "Close to Transportation" what will we end up with (assuming they can meet both of those, depending on capacity, etc. I understand). We have a standard room (no preferred, no pool view). It seemed like Lake View was the farthest from the lobby/transportation?

I think of it as closer to bus transportation, so I think you may get lake view in the 70's.

We've had a standard lake view room in Bldg. 4 of the 60's section; 2 doors away from the elevator. We could be at the back door of Everything Pop in about 2-3 minutes and out front at the bus stops about 30 seconds later. While that location may not *look* close to the bus stops, it's a very quick walk.

That room was our favorite location at Pop.

Was there for 10 days at the end of October and had a blast!! This was my 2nd Solo trip. Never had any problems. Had a preferred room bldg 1 by the luggage area, 4th floor. Housekeeping would leave a bag of towels, etc when I left the do not disturb tag out. Pool bar was great. Food court was alright. They changed the Nachos to tostino like chips and the chili you could tell was straight out of can with a lot of garlic and onions added to it. So needless to say I did not have any!! Smell yuck. Last year they had the homemade potato chips and more like taco/hamburger meat and its awesome. Cupcakes..yellow cake was soo good and really fresh. Refillable mugs where different than 2013 mugs, design wise. Colors red,green,purple,blue.
Buses never really had much of a wait. No problems with my Magic band and could charge quite well with it!!! LOL

Awww. I love Poppin Nachos with the "homemade" potato chips! Blah on them changing it. I have never liked the chili - too canned/sweet for my tastes.

We just got back from 11 nights at pop and had an amazing time.

Unfortunately while unpacking I realized that we must have forgot to empty a drawer and are missing a bunch of stuff. Does anyone have experience with this? Will they ship my stuff to me if I pay the shipping fees (we live in Canada)?Is there a direct number for pop so that I can contact them or do I just call the main Disney line and hope I get someone that can help me?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

We did this once... we didn't even realize it until we received a postcard from Disney with a number to call them. When we called, they said we'd left a drawer full of clothes and they'd be happy to ship it to us. Free of charge!

That is one of the reasons we keep going back to Disney... crazy good service.

I left a coat at some other hotel once... they charged my card for the return shipping. When I got the bill I almost cried - shipping was more than the coat cost brand new!

Hey everyone! Was just about to hit the button to book our flights to Florida (expensive, non-refundable, crazy charges to make changes kinda flights), when I decided to review the itinerary with DH, who literally could not care less about the planning. I told him fly down April 13, spend first night at RPR, then 7 nights at Pop, checking out on the 21. He asked how much more expensive it would be to fly home on the 23rd instead...I said no difference in price, other than the couple extra nights at hotel and couple days of food (minimal). So he said he didn't think 7 nights at Pop was enough, that we should stay for 9!

So bottom line is I get two extra days at my favourite place on Earth! And instead of spending my birthday checking out of Pop, leaving Disney, and traveling 10 hours to get home, I can spend it at MK and sleeping at Pop :)

So bottom line is I get two extra days at my favourite place on Earth! And instead of spending my birthday checking out of Pop, leaving Disney, and traveling 10 hours to get home, I can spend it at MK and sleeping at Pop :)

I can't think of a more fun resort to celebrate your birthday. :)Enjoy! :goodvibes

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask it anyway:

My parents will be staying at Pop Century in a few weeks. They have a preferred room booked, and we did online check in today and made some requests. My mom is worried that they'll get a room with a king bed (because they're a married couple), when they want a room with two doubles. Is there any point in my calling up to have a note on the reservation that they want two doubles? Or will they be assigned a room with two doubles by default because they didn't specifically ask for a king bed.

I think my mom is worried that Disney will assume that a married couple wants a king bed. Should I call just in case or just assume that they'll get a double bed, and if they get a king bed, have them try and switch once they're there?

l would call and have it noted on the reservation that they prefer two beds. It won't hurt to call ahead.

I must be thinking of Art of Animation resort, because I didn't even realize that Pop Century celebrates 11 years on the 14th....wow! I do believe this is where my family will be staying March of 2015. Any favorite buildings? Not that I care....I believe my DS will enjoy any one of them. :rolleyes:

They don't have that many King bed rooms so even when requested it's often not available. I wouldn't worry about it. We have NEVER had our request for king bed come through which is fine but they don't have the typical percentage of king beds that a regular hotel does.

Hi everyone! I have a couple of questions about POP that I hope can get answered. We are considering booking 2 connecting rooms. Do all of the building have connecting rooms? What is the difference between a preferred room and a standard room at POP. Is a room facing the lake considered preferred? I don't need to face the pool and I would really rather not face the parking lot. Also, last question..have all of the buildings been refurbished with the new bedding? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have a couple of questions about POP that I hope can get answered. We are considering booking 2 connecting rooms. Do all of the building have connecting rooms? What is the difference between a preferred room and a standard room at POP. Is a room facing the lake considered preferred? I don't need to face the pool and I would really rather not face the parking lot. Also, last question..have all of the buildings been refurbished with the new bedding? Thanks!

All the buildings have some connecting rooms, but they're not guaranteed. If it's really important that you get connecting rooms, make it your only request. Ask if you got them at checkin (not all adjacent rooms will be connecting) and if you didn't, don't be afraid to ask if they can move you. It never hurts to ask.

Preferred rooms are closest to the main building and cost more per night. However, the 70's and 50's sections are also close and not all preferred. I can't remember if all the preferred rooms are in the 60's section or not - someone else feel free to chime in!

70's lake view is not preferred. Not sure about 60's and 50's but I'm thinking no. There's a map in one of the first posts of this thread that shows the location of all the booking categories, but I'm on mobile so I can't easily check.

And all the bedding should be replaced by now. I believe it was started over a year ago.

I hope I helped a little bit. Have fun!

Preferred rooms are within 500yds of the main building. The lake facing rooms are not preferred. All preferred rooms are in 50/60/70. However, those building also have preferred pool view and standard rooms. 80/90 have pool view and standard rooms. Pool view is it's own category of room and costs more than a standard.

All rooms are exterior corridor so no room really has a view....parking lot or otherwise. Also, the buildings are set back from the parking lot so even if you were facing that way it's not like you would see much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter