• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When trying to put in room requests that are more specific than what the online check in option allows for, is faxing the only (and/or)best option? What about calling? We really would like the 50's section (I can request that via online check in), building 2 with a south facing room (this is not available to request).

A friend and I are planning a one night stay at Disney for the MNSSHP before moving to Universal for the rest of the week. This is a LOW budget trip so I'm thinking of staying at Pop to save some money. But, having never stayed there before, I have a few questions:

- Of the four levels (Standard room, standard view; standard room, pool view; preferred room, standard view; preferred room, pool view), which level has the most rooms? We are going to be arriving early (my friend's flight lands at 9:15 and mine is around 10:30) and I would like to do whatever possible to increase the likelihood of us being able to check in soon after we arrive so we can crash for a few hours before the party starts.

- Even with the refurbs going on (we would be arriving on 10/31), there should be one quiet pool (the bowling pin pool) available, correct?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about the number of rooms. But, when I did online check in, there was the choice of 'room ready on arrival' or something like that. I checked that and nothing else and we did have a room ready for our 10:30 arrival. We were standard and ended up in the 50's, backside of the building. It's a good option if you don't care about room location. That was a quick two night trip for us and we didn't care where we were located.

When trying to put in room requests that are more specific than what the online check in option allows for, is faxing the only (and/or)best option? What about calling? We really would like the 50's section (I can request that via online check in), building 2 with a south facing room (this is not available to request).

Calling is the only surefire way that your requests will at lease be "seen" by the room assigners. When you call and have them added to your reservation, they are actually included with your reservation details like number of nights and room type booked. Faxes are not always read. They will be read if, and only if, the room assigners are caught up and have some time to gather and read them (which isn't often but does happen). And as you have seen the options during Online Check In are predetermined and very limited. So I always call ours in and then skip the Room Request section during Online Check In.

Calling is the only surefire way that your requests will at lease be "seen" by the room assigners. When you call and have them added to your reservation, they are actually included with your reservation details like number of nights and room type booked. Faxes are not always read. They will be read if, and only if, the room assigners are caught up and have some time to gather and read them (which isn't often but does happen). And as you have seen the options during Online Check In are predetermined and very limited. So I always call ours in and then skip the Room Request section during Online Check In.
Thank you. Does anyone know if I can call myself or if I have to have my travel agent do it for me?

Booked a last minute "pick me up" trip to the World the week before Labor Day and staying at Pop. This won't be my first time staying there it will be my first time using DME. For those who have arrived late morning/mid afternoon, what was your experience with the wait and number of stops getting to Pop? i realize that not every trip from MCO to Pop is the same but I'd just like a little heads up. I've only used DME once to go to Wilderness Lodge. TIA

I just read on another thread that Disney start piping in the music to the HS Star Wars fireworks show on the Generation Gap bridge between Pop and AoA. Has anyone else experienced this?

Quick question, I just did the online check-in..which is new to me. It has been years since I stayed onsite at WDW. During my most recent resort stay at Disneyland I recall that they charged a $250.00 deposit at check-in. Can I expect this at the POP also? I figured I should ask since I will likely just be showing my ID.:confused3

Is there a height restriction for the kiddie wading pool/splash pad?
The wading pool is very very shallow so no height requirement. My tiny 2yo nephew was in it last year and I don't even think it reached his knees in the centre. It's a beach entry all around.

I just read on another thread that Disney start piping in the music to the HS Star Wars fireworks show on the Generation Gap bridge between Pop and AoA. Has anyone else experienced this?
This would be neat! Excited to hear if others have experienced this.

Quick question, I just did the online check-in..which is new to me. It has been years since I stayed onsite at WDW. During my most recent resort stay at Disneyland I recall that they charged a $250.00 deposit at check-in. Can I expect this at the POP also? I figured I should ask since I will likely just be showing my ID.:confused3
Not that I am aware of. I have stayed at Pop more than 25 times and I'm not aware of a deposit ever being charged. They do have my CC on file though throughout my trip.

The wading pool is very very shallow so no height requirement. My tiny 2yo nephew was in it last year and I don't even think it reached his knees in the centre. It's a beach entry all around.

This would be neat! Excited to hear if others have experienced this.

Not that I am aware of. I have stayed at Pop more than 25 times and I'm not aware of a deposit ever being charged. They do have my CC on file though throughout my trip.

I'm more concerned that my 8yo dd won't be allowed in it. It looks more like a splash pad to me, is that not what it is?

There is no maximum height. Last year my 7yo niece played happily with her brother in the kiddie pool. There are no life guards there.

Here's a picture of the kiddie pool.
disney-s-pop-century.jpg

There is also a flat splash pad that has jets the shoot up.
popcentury_goofysplashpad.jpg

I do not believe either have height requirements (minimum or maximum) linked to them.

Once again you folks come through with great answers. I leave on a Sunday and Saturday I had dedicated to washing and packing. So, I should be able to head to a bank for some $5 bills. Also, since I'm driving from Tampa I can make a grocery store stop and get some change there.

Thanks again! T minus 51 days and counting.

I do believe the laundry rooms are credit card only now?

There is no maximum height. Last year my 7yo niece played happily with her brother in the kiddie pool. There are no life guards there.

disney-s-pop-century.jpg

I do not believe either have height requirements (minimum or maximum) linked to them.

Pop Jets are long gone - :(

disney-s-pop-century.jpg

Thank you so much! I had no idea there were two separate areas! Are they both near the Hippy Dippy Pool? I hope it works out for us to stay here, I think my daughter would love these play areas! (sorry for all the exclamation points, I'm just really excited - lol)

Thank you so much! I had no idea there were two separate areas! Are they both near the Hippy Dippy Pool? I hope it works out for us to stay here, I think my daughter would love these play areas! (sorry for all the exclamation points, I'm just really excited - lol)

The kiddie pool is in the same area as the Hippy Dippy pool. The kiddie pool is closer to the bridge, while the hIppy Dippy pool is closer to the lobby/food court.

You can still take pictures by Goofy and his car, even though the water is gone.

I hadn't seen any reference but it was mentioned upthread (my quote of a quote in my last post didn't work). Not sure if it was something I missed previously, or just a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter