Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
and also on July 4, they put out a gorgeous fruit basket during the 5-7 appetizer time. It was quickly devoured, so I snapped some pictures of our plates too so you could get an idea of how spectacular it was!

image-jpg.108061

image-jpg.108063

image-jpg.108064

Just arrived at Poly this afternoon! Our requests were met and I like the upgrades they've done to the rooms.

We received the text and email at 3:30 with our room assignment, while we were in ME and went straight to the room.

So far it's been a good experience.
Great that your requests were met! :thumbsup2 How's the weather there?:confused3 ENJOY F&W!:banana:

Poly has always been my favorite resort, even though they took out the gardens in the Great Ceremonial House. I made a quick video overview of the resort after the construction was finished. Just thought some of you fellow Poly Fans might like to see it to dream of your home away from home!! :-)

THANKS for posting the video! :banana:Dole Whip looks yummy!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to our Poly stay!::yes::

Poly has always been my favorite resort, even though they took out the gardens in the Great Ceremonial House. I made a quick video overview of the resort after the construction was finished. Just thought some of you fellow Poly Fans might like to see it to dream of your home away from home!! :-)

Thanks for sharing your video...looks great! Cant wait for our first stay at the Poly!

I would like to know why no one is talking about the hot tub? I know it's new this year. Are there no hot tubers in this group? Just wondering?
The hot tub was very nice, but when we were there only one side of the jets worked!!

At the poly now. So far I love it. Went to Ohana, didn't like it, way too loud for me and they were rushing me out. I was still eating my dinner when they brought out the dessert on the table. I love the kona cafe. I think it is underrated.

Captain cooks is not nearly as bad as it seemed like it would be. I get my food within 5 minutes usually.

Will follow up once the trip is completed too.

The pool is only open til 10. That is my biggest gripe. I understand a lot of people have children but some don't and like to swim at night. 11 is more fair.

From recent videos, it appears as they they have changed all of their entrance carpets!!! Looks nice(the little details excite me lol) :)

So I know more so what to request, are Pago Pago and Moorea DVC studios clear away from the pool construction? They look the best to me.

Also, is the BBQ Pavilion right next to the pool construction?

Last edited:
the pool closing early was one of my biggest gripes....but...I guess that means less noise at night? some folks staying in Samoa said it was too noisy at night for them.

We are booked for our first stay at the Poly!!! We will be there April 23-May1 2016. We can't wait!!! Any advice? We have never stayed.

The pool is only open til 10. That is my biggest gripe. I understand a lot of people have children but some don't and like to swim at night. 11 is more fair.

I was there 3 weeks ago and it was opened until 11. Even the sign on the gate stated 11. Do they have multiple signs ?? !!

Looking forward to our Poly stay!::yes::

It will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

Cant wait for our first stay at the Poly!

The Poly is amazing, you are going to love it :thumbsup2.

At the poly now. So far I love it. Went to Ohana, didn't like it, way too loud for me and they were rushing me out. I was still eating my dinner when they brought out the dessert on the table. I love the kona cafe. I think it is underrated.

Captain cooks is not nearly as bad as it seemed like it would be. I get my food within 5 minutes usually.

Will follow up once the trip is completed too.

Glad you're having a nice time and are enjoying the Poly. I'm sorry about Ohana, but glad you enjoyed Kona and Captain Cooks. Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return :).

We are booked for our first stay at the Poly!!! We will be there April 23-May1 2016. We can't wait!!! Any advice? We have never stayed.

Congrats on your first Poly stay :yay:. Everything about it is amazing, you're going to love it ::yes::.

How do I request a king size bed? Is that an option at online check in?

I can't answer as we've never done OCI, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

From recent videos, it appears as they they have changed all of their entrance carpets!!! Looks nice(the little details excite me lol) :)

So I know more so what to request, are Pago Pago and Moorea DVC studios clear away from the pool construction? They look the best to me.

Also, is the BBQ Pavilion right next to the pool construction?

Yes, you're safe from pool construction at Moorea and Pago Pago. Stayed in Moorea GV in August at loved it! BBQ pavilion is in the middle of the 3 DVC buildings.

Is this new? I was there in the latter half of August and we watched Wishes from the pool, so I thought it must've been 1100 then. I could be wrong because we left shortly after Wishes was over, so maybe the resort was letting people swim until the end of the fireworks??? If that was the case though, we still weren't rushed out of the pool. People were still swimming at 1030ish. I know there are some people here on this thread that were at the Poly at this time too. Maybe someone can verify?? @Sue M, weren't you there then too? Can you recall?

Hey all, just booked a lake view studio DVC stay for March! We weren't sure about lake view or standard view, but we didn't want the chance of a construction or parking lot view. We stayed at the Poly a few years back in Hawaii and loved it, so it will be fun to return with DVC this time. :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter